STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I dont snatch or anything so I dont feel like I should "get used to it" when I can avoid that altogether and just use flat shoes or socks, naw mean.

...if I had a healthier lower back I would snatch and clean and all that though. :lol:

I've squatted 615 in chucks. I prefer those powerlift trainers from adidas. The basic ones.

I actually need new squatting shoes. Debating on what to get.

I never said you had to get used to it or that you had to deadlifts in Romaleos.

I was just responding to your comment that Romaleos wasn't 'stable' enough for deadlifts. That's not true at all.

Last edited:
Well for me its true, same for Boss and I would assume others. You could get used to it sure, but if I had to get used to something then maybe it wasnt desgined for that purpose (DL's).

I have deadlifted in my squat shoes before to purposefully make deadlifts harder. In fact I did them in squat shoes, standing on two plates. 

It sucked -2/10 do not recommend.

Lol you know that when you try anything new you have to get used to it right?

I was switching from Adipowers to Romaleos and I had to get used to it. When I went from reebok lifters to adipowers I had to get used to that too :lol:

Last edited:
Just decided to buy Romaleos. Eastbay has them on discount + this code: URLEB6JA will work on them. Came out to $160 for me

It's just because you're not used to it. It takes some getting used to but staying vertical and not pitching forward can be done.

If people were pitching forward on snatches and cleans they'd never be able to keep the bar close and catch the weight lol
A conventional deadlift and snatches and cleans are very different movements Amel, that guy in the video is one of the very very few people that have a big deadlift and use Romaleo style shoes. Also if you watch his new videos he uses flat sole shoes I believe.

For the longest time i preached that and but revently ive been deadlifting in romaleos and i like it much more than a flat shoe. The lift helps me get into a slightly better starting position and i can get my hips up a little higher and keep better positioning. The lateral support and hard sole help too.

Ill sumo in chucks though. Its weird.
Different strokes for different folks. I like to do it barefoot or in socks but if Romaleos while DL'ing work for you, salute.

People like different things. I like to DL conventionally, barefoot with the barbell elevated on 45's. Sometimes I sumo DL with the barbell not elevated.

Some people can military press behind their neck because they have that type of mobility. What works for one man might not for the next.

Any tips for bulking recipes?

This brown rice and lemon pepper chicken breast is getting pretty old

**** just make everything taste good
laugh.gif

Sauces are an easy way to get more calories in.

Eat dessert too.

Stuff your chicken breasts bro, serious.

Butterfly or make a cut down the middle (youtube this), sear both sides, stuff some tomato, mozz, basil, ham, cheddar, or whatever you like in the middle and then bake those thangs.

Also, eat white and brown rice. Throw some salt, lime juice and cilantro on it, mix it up and you have some flavor that makes it go down a lot easier.

I find myself eating a lot of omelettes. Endless combos.

Buy a nutribullet if you don't already have one, plenty of recipes for meal replacement shakes.

I dont snatch or anything so I dont feel like I should "get used to it" when I can avoid that altogether and just use flat shoes or socks, naw mean.

...if I had a healthier lower back I would snatch and clean and all that though. :lol:

Sounds like you need coaching, based on your listed injuries. Might be something in your movement patterns.

Deadlift in Vans, but if DL's are sandwiched between Snatches and/or Clean and Jerks, I roll with the Romaleos.

Lol you know that when you try anything new you have to get used to it right?

I was switching from Adipowers to Romaleos and I had to get used to it. When I went from reebok lifters to adipowers I had to get used to that too :lol:

Thats different though, they are designed to do those things. I gotta adjust from using Kobe's to Lebron's to ball in but they are both designed to ball in.

Sounds like you need coaching, based on your listed injuries. Might be something in your movement patterns.

Deadlift in Vans, but if DL's are sandwiched between Snatches and/or Clean and Jerks, I roll with the Romaleos.

Combo of needing coaching, lazy lifts, bad form, too much weight, not enough warm ups, etc etc.

Paying for it now but stretching and foam rolling have been helping me a ton.

Any guys here who swear of supplements, enhancers, pills, shakes... etc The only thing I take is whey protein and it made a huge difference but that's the only thing I will ever take.
that's all you really need....oh and some multivitamins too

all that pre workout, bcaa, creatine, recovery blah blah blah is a gimmick

Back
Top Bottom