STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

That seems like a drastic weight jump..

If I'm benching by myself I usually just do this:

I start out at 135, knock out 10 (slow with my feet up).. Then go to 185, again knock out 10.. 205, knock out 5-10

See how that feels and either move up to 225 (usually 3-5 reps).. Or repeat whatever I just did and go back down.. I'll do everything twice, go up then down

When I'm back at 135, I usually do 15-20 reps

Last edited:
Oh I wasn't alone. I never bench solo. I don't push myself. Yeah bench is by far my weakest lift. That sounds good too for endurance.

I warmed up with the bar

Hit 185 x5
205x 5

225 x fail

Then went back to 185 for 4 more sets of 5.

No assist on any of them and touched my chest every rep. I alllllmost got 225 up and stalled.

I'm going to try again next week then. Warm up and go. I'll start repping 195 too like kief said.
I was saying if your doing a pyramid like that and failing then try out 215 on that max set. That 20lb jump is tough when you're taxed. Or skip that 205 set to try and hit 225 when your fresh. I hit all my heaviest lifts early and work backwards if that makes any sense

Last edited:
I warmed up with the bar

Hit 185 x5
205x 5

225 x fail

No assist on any of them and touched my chest every rep. I alllllmost got 225 up and stalled.

I'm going to try again next week then. Warm up and go. I'll start repping 195 too like kief said.

Is your cadence staying the same for every lift? Are you doing like 2 seconds on the concentric/ 4 seconds on the eccentric?

I warmed up with the bar

Hit 185 x5
205x 5

225 x fail

That's a mental lapse man. You can def hit 225.
If your focus is a 1rm I'd do.
45x10
135x5
205x3
215x1
225x1

I'd skip 215 if you feel warmed up already.
You have 225 in you, don't stop pushing mang. Stay tight and press.

Last edited:
Bar x 25
135 x 12
155 x 8
175 x 8
195 x 5
215 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 1
285 - fail
275 x 1

I warmed up with the bar

Hit 185 x5
205x 5

225 x fail

That's a mental lapse man. You can def hit 225.
If your focus is a 1rm I'd do.
45x10
135x5
205x3
215x1
225x1

I'd skip 215 if you feel warmed up already.
You have 225 in you, don't stop pushing mang. Stay tight and press.

Yeah man. I damn near got it just dug in my feet and squeezed the hell out of the bar. I thought I had it for a second.

I mean I want to rep 225x5 one day and that will be good enough for me. I don't particularly like benching but I still want to be able to do it.

Squatting is by far my favorite.

Calibeebee, yeah it's all the same. I go pretty slow no matter what the weight. I'm paranoid about form.

Pulled sumo for the first time tonight. I felt like I was cheating, but my T-Rex arms were thanking me. Probably gonna deadlift more often now.

Hot chicks are just so used to guys steppin to her all the time that it just becomes instinct to use that line

At least she wasn't mean about it lol

Had this convo with this legit 10-10 at a bar once. She was like yeah its not fun working out. I get stared at the whole time. So many people approach me and even walking out dudes trying to talk to me in the parking lot. I laughed and was like yeah the perils of being extremely attractive i guess. She laughed....i did not get the digits :lol: no pics inb4megatron

Pulled sumo for the first time tonight. I felt like I was cheating, but my T-Rex arms were thanking me. Probably gonna deadlift more often now.

welcome to the dark side. #teamsumo. With t-rex arms though i would think conventional would be just as easy. My long legs and arms make sumo literally feel like cheat mode. With straps at 175lbs i pulled 465lb for 2 on sunday. We getting it! 5 plates here we come!!

welcome to the dark side. #teamsumo. With t-rex arms though i would think conventional would be just as easy. My long legs and arms make sumo literally feel like cheat mode. With straps at 175lbs i pulled 465lb for 2 on sunday. We getting it! 5 plates here we come!!
Really? I had always pulled conventional and it was always a huge struggle for me. People at the gym would always suggest I pull sumo because of my short arms but I hadn't tried it until last night.

But you're using straps 
frown.gif

But you're using straps :frown:

Yep my finger is broken been using straps for 3 weeks now. 465 is my max, ive never done it for 2...the straps def helped on rep 2. I am not a power lifter and don't plan on entering a competition so straps ain't a big deal to me. The benefit for me is hamstrings/core/back...grip strength isn't a major concern of mine

Last edited:

But you're using straps 
frown.gif
Yep my finger is broken been using straps for 3 weeks now. 465 is my max, ive never done it for 2...the straps def helped on rep 2. I am not a power lifter and don't plan on entering a competition so straps ain't a big deal to me.
I'm maxing out at 425 with chalk. With straps I bet I can lift a lot more. I'm also teamnobelt either 
laugh.gif
. Last time I tried DL with a belt I tweaked my back. Just feels super un natural 

y'all need to post vids.

i need that inspiration

Wheres the vid you promised me :rolleyes

Gonna be adding carbs back into the diet to get that mass, kinda like a lean bulk. I'm still learning bout dieting and its fun but I get super frustrated when it doesn't go my way, but I'm sure that's all of us

Wheres the vid you promised me :rolleyes

Gonna be adding carbs back into the diet to get that mass, kinda like a lean bulk. I'm still learning bout dieting and its fun but I get super frustrated when it doesn't go my way, but I'm sure that's all of us

Remind me again? Lol, my bad I get a lot of video requests.

I really should start a vlog

Congrats, I am looking for that 5+ plate deadlift myself.

I don't understand the disdain for straps. It's not like your quarter squatting the weight. The rest of your body has to be strong enough to lift the weight up.

Congrats, I am looking for that 5+ plate deadlift myself.

I don't understand the disdain for straps. It's not like your quarter squatting the weight. The rest of your body has to be strong enough to lift the weight up.

I agree with you. I do say if i can pull X with straps and X without though. I still think its fair to clarify. As if people are saying i can squat 600lbs.....suited...with wraps. I need that mental caveat. But even the best lifters use straps for training. Pete Rubbish comes to mind pulling 900lbs with straps...i ain't telling him straps are cheating :lol:

Back
Top Bottom