STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Cummings is just so damn quick underneath the bar...don't even think the bar goes to his belly button...he gets it to hip level at the highest and then just gets underneath lol

I watxhed him an interview saying this is all he ever wanted to do. Big Dreams and Goals at such a young age.

Glad to see USA finally won in IWF even if it's the youth!

America lifters are all unorthodox, then they wonder why we can't never be on top of the IWF world.

Cummings is America's only chance at dominance, if he continues on the path he's on.

Agreed, he's definitely the only hope we have lol. All American lifters seem to train unorthodoxly. Hell, Nathan Damrons hashtag is train stupid :rofl:. They better start feeding CJ some horse meat and anabolic chicken if we really wanna make some noise lol

I don't like this cutting/maintaining weight grind. I'm the exact same weight I was 3 weeks ago but I feel like I look all small now minus my chest looking bigger. Lost the gut probably going to go back to 4K calories again.

Arnold Schwarzenegger once talked about that.

He once talked about how once when he was cutting, he didn't like how he looked cuz he felt like he looked too small. But then when he took his measurements he realized he was the same size all where it counted. (Bicep size, thigh size, chest size, etc)

The feeling smaller thing is just an illusion and you'll get used to your dimensions.

Last edited:
Yeah I totally can see that. This is the first time I haven't been putting on a few pounds a month in a year. Feels weird, I guess I'll try and stick with it as long as I'm still getting stronger.

Dl tonight so that's the real test.

Yeah I totally can see that. This is the first time I haven't been putting on a few pounds a month in a year. Feels weird, I guess I'll try and stick with it as long as I'm still getting stronger.

Dl tonight so that's the real test.

This week is my last week of bulk. My cut mesocycle starts next week. I'm already dreading the agony of DL and back squat when I'm a month into my cut.

I haven't lost any strength yet on those lifts. I have been sore for a good 4 days though after squatting.

If I can't squat my max for two weeks in a row I'm done cutting calories. Same with dl. That's how I'll do it I think. An off week is ok but I can't deal with two in a row.

Olympic lifts are all about working at safe percentages and lots of repetition. I didn't see the video in question so I can't comment lol.

This gaining weight program is difficult.

Lifting only 3 days a week just doing the program M W F.

Tues and Thurs I'm crossfiting.

No more 3 hour training.

5 straight and 2 days off.

We will see how this works.

It was on the previous page, but here it is.

Ohhh. That's crossfit. Not olympic lifting. That guy is probably relatively safe. I'd wager he probably warm-ups for the snatch with that weight. To him, that weight looks relatively light.

*edit

Just noticed the weight was 320. Crossfitters don't warm up for the snatch with that kind of weight :lol:

Last edited:
For those who can maintain a diet while working graveyard shift...props man. Going to the gym isn't an issue for me but damn idk why its so hard for me to eat during my shift. My sleep sched all messed up and whatnot :smh:

Last edited:
Man IPF Worlds was ridiculous. John Haack and Brett Gibbs battling for the 83kg crown. Ray Williams with a 966 lb raw squat. And to top it all off CJ Cummings 
Glad to see someone else in here keeping up with PL 
pimp.gif

Dennis Cornelius is the future of American dominance in the IPF along with big Ray.

That margin of error must be serious. I'm admittedly ignorant in regards to Olympic lifts, but how do you even fail that in a somewhat safe manner? 
You don't, that's not an olympic movement. That video is another example of why people make fun of crossfit.

Those worse part is taking the bar from the overhead position and letting it drop back down into the back squat position, while he does brace with his lower body some, a good bit of it is compressing his spine, which is not good at all. I don't see that being too good on the shoulders either.

Last edited:
Glad to see someone else in here keeping up with PL :pimp:

Dennis Cornelius is the future of American dominance in the IPF along with big Ray.

Most definitely Boss :pimp: I think powerlifting is the most competitive it's been in a long time. Strength is a beautiful thing fam

Last edited:
Why anyone would do that on their own free will is puzzling :lol:

Dude is inches away from cracking his skill open

Last edited:
While dl today the gym worker started making fun of me for lowering the weight. :lol: I was like fine eff you then and got one more set at 335. Dude is a good employee. If he catches you slacking he calls you on it.

Little over 2 months of working out/eating right... Def got bigger and really happy to see what the future holds for me as I continue this journey. Question for ya... I do legs weekly but can't seem to get my
Calves bigger any suggestions... I just want some definition bit insecure about my calves since I feel they're weak as **** and don't show at all

For those who can maintain a diet while working graveyard shift...props man. Going to the gym isn't an issue for me but damn idk why its so hard for me to eat during my shift. My sleep sched all messed up and whatnot :smh:

I lost a lot of weight working the night shift. I never ate. :lol:

I lost a lot of weight working the night shift. I never ate. :lol:

|I

Little over 2 months of working out/eating right... Def got bigger and really happy to see what the future holds for me as I continue this journey. Question for ya... I do legs weekly but can't seem to get my
Calves bigger any suggestions... I just want some definition bit insecure about my calves since I feel they're weak as **** and don't show at all

Calfs probably one of the top muscles thats stubborn/hard to grow...unless genetics want to bless you.

My traps and calves showed the most growth when I explode up and hold for 1-2 seconds then come down slow and repeat for 15 reps.
Been doing 5 sets of 15 on around 30-45 seconds of rest and my calves have steadily grew and are always sore after every workout

The calf machine is the only machine I use anymore. I just hit a couple sets a week when I remember. It's not like matters what day. I just do them on my way out the gym. They've gotten bigger but not anything to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom