STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nah man you were fine. It's a rack. Not a squat rack. It can be used for anything but curls. If you want to do pull ups in it and it's the only place to do them you're free to do that.

Dude is just a douche. :lol: if you're running gear you better be doing work not quarter squatting 315.

Last edited:
I was gonna flip when he threw the two plates on one side, then tried to tip it over when I was trying to take it off. But the cool calm me said stay calm

I commend you on your patience and maturity, can't say I would have reacted the same way.

Dude's be thinking just because they are bigger that they means they can't get their *** kicked, big difference between weight room strength and fighting ability, some of them need to learn the hard way.

Everybody is in the gym trying to carve out the best version of themselves, ain't no time for that type of **** homeboy is on.

Last edited:
I think he means a full cage. I use plastic weights I can just dump on the floor if need be but if he's using metal a cage with rails is a nice set up so he won't have to drop them on the floor if it goes bad.

Sounds like ol boy just has a problem with you
I wouldnt stress it, not worth it

As far as gym etiquette, it does irk me when dudes curl in there. Also there's this dude who does a ton of bent over rows, at like 65 to 75 lbs, like cant you just use the curl bars?
Quarter squatters irk me too, but especially when theyre squatting with their girl whos doing ATG and the dude needs to put on 2 or 3 plates to quarter squat. That makes me smh lol

I commend you on your patience and maturity, can't say I would have reacted the same way.

Dude's be thinking just because they are bigger that they means they can't get their *** kicked, big difference between weight room strength and fighting ability

This...Props for that.

Honestly I don't care what you do and how you do it, I just don't want nobody hurting themselves. If you want to curl inside a squat rack, who cares let that man do him.

And @awwsome , you're right. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Yeah he think cause I'm little I'ma back down from a fight. Naw he kept mugging while he was resting. I stared at him back. Til he looked away. My boy was like hell naw he ain't do all that when I told him bout the plates. But it's cool regardless he wasn't getting my rack. Preciate it yall

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

When I was like 21 (and like 160) I told this big *** Russian who was probably 6'4" 250 "big tree fall hard".... I still can't believe he didn't crush me, or even touch me for that matter. I'll never forget that. Those were the days :lol:

Maybe I'm lucky but I've never had these altercations at a gym.

commercial gyms are a different world. The things i see at La Fitness (have a membership) and Golds (pops goes there ive gone with a few times) are things of internet fame. But my regular gym is decently upscale ($90 a month), i have never seen an issue at the gym. Everyone seems to be courteous...not intelligent (don't rerack, curl in the squat rack, stand right on top of the dumbbell rack etc)...but when questioned they are all friendly.

No one fights in my gym. A dude is banned for asking guys if he could suck their **** in the bathroom but no fights.

Yeah I wasnt trying to get ban. I though about my boys too. They would've jumped in. It's the best gym in town, someone just got banned from talking **** on social media bout the coworkers lol

Last edited:
I woulda had to tell dude to step outside if somebody did all that to me. Don't think I woulda kept my cool. That's OD and somebody coulda got hurt if he woulda tipped the weights over smh. Dude probably is just tryna go at you cause you're smaller than him. Smh pathetic

That is the only reason why I try to avoid peak hours in the gym. Always some people in there during those hours that got something to prove. I started off going to the gym at 16 at 130 and dudes used to give me the craziest attitude in the gym. Now I got bigger than them and the same people are so polite now.

There will always be those Napoleon complex people in the gym walking around like they're better than people and its "their" gym I just learned to have my headphones in at all times. Also depends where you live, in NY there were a bunch of **** boys at the gym. Here in FL I've never had an issue while weightlifting

Yeah I wasnt trying to get ban. I though about my boys too. They would've jumped in. It's the best gym in town, someone just got banned from talking **** on social media bout the coworkers lol
super sensitive gym then.

Exactly. Well story time folks. After squats I'm unracking weights to do ohp, same guy from last time say u done? I said we're about to do OHP as politely as I could cause I know dude got issues. He said but it's a squat rack. I said yeah but I'm not finish I'm doing ohp. He presses the issue. Says it's a squat rack at least 10x. So I put my head phones on. Bout to warm up with the bar. He says "f it, it's a squat rack" out loud and throws on two plates on one side of the bar as I approached the bar. Im keeping my cool don't say anything. I go try to take off the plates he on the other side tipping it over to cause imbalance to knock it over me. I said naw. And he does it 3-4 times as I tries to take the weight off. Mind u not he like 5'10" 210. I'm 5' 124. So I throw the plates off. N just stare at him. My boy finally come out the rest room. Hey man I'm trying to squat. It's a squat rack my boy said we're doing presses, a random on the other rack diffuse the situation said ey u can have ours. My boy said u can wait on them, he walks off say y'all know what y'all doing... who in the wrong??
Dumb bell would've went sailing into his knee cap.

Yeah commercial gyms blow but it is what it is. We got a lot of big talkers in here :lol:

I would have just let dude work in, each person just takes the plates off when the other guy is going, I've done it all the time with zero problems. No one really wants to fight in a gym, there's literally weapons everywhere :lol:

No one fights in my gym. A dude is banned for asking guys if he could suck their **** in the bathroom but no fights.

:lol: my mans was tryna get that post workout protein in.

So buddy was just asking random dudes if they wanted some top? Lmao da hell?

Back
Top Bottom