STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I can only get my chin over the bar if I do chin-ups. With regular grip pull-ups or neutral grip, I usually just count a rep when my forehead is parallel with my wrist/hands. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm 6'4'' with long arms and I'm inclined to believe that plays a part. 

Also, I might be developing an obsession with dried mango slices. I wish they didn't have so much damn sugar. There's a health food store that's around a two minute walk from my house and they sell them in these big bags, along with other dried fruit. Bruh...

Last edited:
Your probably right. Id assume the taller you are (longer arms) the more difficult it is because it's a longer ROM. Kinda like its harder for a 220lbs man to do chin ups vs 150lbs man.

And you def not the only one that has a problem with dried fruits lol. Mangos apricots peaches oh man...lol

Edit: i cant do chin ups for ****. I wont lie im a little nervous to do them since my injury. Probably more mental than anything

Last edited:
Dried mangos are the truth

Dried apricots are :x

You thinking of these

Those are sweet. I dont mess with them. I usually get these ones they are more sour than sweet.

Your probably right. Id assume the taller you are (longer arms) the more difficult it is because it's a longer ROM. Kinda like its harder for a 220lbs man to do chin ups vs 150lbs man.

And you def not the only one that has a problem with dried fruits lol. Mangos apricots peaches oh man...lol

Edit: i cant do chin ups for ****. I wont lie im a little nervous to do them since my injury. Probably more mental than anything
What was the injury? I'm probably sticking with neutral grip since I have virtually no pain when doing them. With pull-ups, I sometimes get a stinging neck and/or rear delt pain while doing them. It's the same thing with my wrists and forearms when doing chin-ups. These are probably issues with my form, though. With neutral grip, it's just a regular bicep/lat pump that usually goes away after a few minutes. 

Last edited:
What was the injury? I'm probably sticking with neutral grip since I have virtually no pain when doing them. With pull-ups, I sometimes get a stinging neck and/or rear delt pain while doing them. It's the same thing with my wrists and forearms when doing chin-ups. That's probably an issue with my form, though. With neutral grip, it's just a regular bicep/lat pump that usually goes away after a few minutes. 

Got shot 3times. Bullet still in my right bicep and nerve damage in my right hand. Ive tried a few times to do them but when i grab the bar and try to pull myself up i feel it in my bicep. It scares me enough to stay away from it. Certain lifts like deadlift i notice i lose grip of the bar with my right hand but i dont feel that its slipping out of my hand because my thumb/index area is numb but thats not a big deal because i reset my grip between reps anyways.

Yes, and hmmm i dont think ive tried the 2nd ones, ill have to keep an eye out and try em

They good imo. Maybe hit up a bulk store and get a little to try. We gotta place up here in canada called bulk barn you basically pay per gram or whatever quantity you take. Id assume yall have something similar just by a different name

Got shot 3times. Bullet still in my right bicep and nerve damage in my right hand. Ive tried a few times to do them but when i grab the bar and try to pull myself up i feel it in my bicep. It scares me enough to stay away from it. Certain lifts like deadlift i notice i lose grip of the bar with my right hand but i dont feel that its slipping out of my hand because my thumb/index area is numb but thats not a big deal because i reset my grip between reps anyways.
Damn bro that sucks. No infection and you plan on having it taken out soon?

Also please don't take it out yourself and post it to WSHH. Please... Lol

Damn bro that sucks. No infection and you plan on having it taken out soon?

Also please don't take it out yourself and post it to WSHH. Please... Lol

Lmao! It happened about a year ago. Took 6months to rehab and able to use my arm again. I got hit in 3 diff places forearm, bicep and shoulder. Doctors said its too much of a risk to take it out because its a good chance i could lose the use of my arm. Its about half an inch to an inch from the humerus (sp?).

i know y'all aint copping dried mangos thats not filipino branding.

i will cosign trader joes chile spiced jawnz doe 

Last edited:
Any good links for intermittent fasting?
Leangains is where I got all my info. Very helpful actually. I've dropped about thirty pounds since January (took a break on dieting since May because my fridge broke :smh: ) and still have been maintaining strength. More than happy to help if you have any concerns about it.

http://jamesclear.com/the-beginners-guide-to-intermittent-fasting

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

I've been doing intermittent fasting for just over week, using the 16-8 method. I would fluctuate around 232-238lbs before starting it and I'm now around 226-228lbs. It's still mad early and I might be delusional, but I think I'm losing a bit of body fat as well. 

Good post. I need to get my diet right and this sounds pretty good and easy to follow. Plus ive never been a big breakfast person. Im gonna try and implement this. Thanks for sharing

#teamliftoff
#teamslamthebarforwardreallyloudlybeforeliftoffforgainz

Did a bunch of weighted dips today. Triceps are in some pain. Did db press instead of bench today. Felt good to mix it up. Def easier on my elbows.

Good luck. Honestly, the biggest challenge I've had so far has been mental, like knowing that you're hungry and you're "supposed" to have three big meals or six small meals like some fitness blogs and articles state. If you can keep yourself busy or make sure you sleep during some of that 16 hour fast period, it's pretty easy after a bit. It's also a good way to make sure I get enough water, too, which is something I tended to slack on when I was just eating whenever I wanted to. 

Doesn't that slow your metabolism way down? I don't know much about it but it seems like it would switch your body into starvation mode and it will just hold onto everything you eat like it's your last meal.

or maybe just the opposite occurs and your metabolism shoots through the roof when you down 2k+ calories in 4 hours and your body goes into turbo calorie burn [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Honestly, I have no idea. Lmao. From the little bit of research I did before starting IF, one thing that kept coming up was that it takes around 10 hours for fat to begin metabolism or some s*** like that. Oh, and that fasting for too long can result in in the body looking to muscles for needed glucose, therefore loss in muscle mass hence why some people fast for at least 16 hours but never more than 24. How true is that any of that? I don't know but similar claims kept coming up.

Essentially, I decided to try it out because I experimented with a 24 hour fast that went well, so I looked into IF since I post on bodybuilding.com and mad people are in favor of it. It should be noted that I usually eat moderately healthy, though. I basically live on vegetarian ground beef (gluten-dairy free), quinoa and/or rice, oranges, broccoli, carrots, clif bars and water. I've heard of dudes getting great results by just eating whatever they want (pizzas, ice cream, candies etc.) during their window then just fasting but I'm not into that. I cut out meat, dairy, wheat and gluten like 10 months ago so my options are somewhat limited. I'm not a vegan, though. Don't get it twisted. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom