STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Eddie Hall said he passed out and had nosebleeds shortly after the lift.

Yea that record is going to stay there for a while. Lol

Last edited:
Nosebleeds? Ruh roh.

Had some slight knee pain when squatting today. Yall knew I had a bad hip flexor but it actually didnt bother me today. My knee though? That was new. I went wider and it seemed to be a lot less painful though. Cut leg day short to be safe anyways, bleh.

Need advice on how to start as a total beginner. I've finally decided to fully commit to starting to lift, since I'm starting to look way too skinny/lanky. Looking like Brandon Ingram. I've used school and work as excuses, but I have some time before I start school up again (a year or two) and I want to make lifting a part of my lifestyle.

I'm 6 feet 160-165 pounds. Overall I'm skinny. I do have a little fat in my stomach and chest area. I guess I'm in that skinny fat category, but I'm more so skinny.
What starting program should I stick with. I've looked at SS, SL, and icecream. Overall my goals are to get stronger as well as to get size. I'll admit I do want to lift more so to gain size/hypertrophy and look better aesthetically. Flamesuit on. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Need advice on how to start as a total beginner. I've finally decided to fully commit to starting to lift, since I'm starting to look way too skinny/lanky. Looking like Brandon Ingram. I've used school and work as excuses, but I have some time before I start school up again (a year or two) and I want to make lifting a part of my lifestyle.

I'm 6 feet 160-165 pounds. Overall I'm skinny. I do have a little fat in my stomach and chest area. I guess I'm in that skinny fat category, but I'm more so skinny.
What starting program should I stick with. I've looked at SS, SL, and icecream. Overall my goals are to get stronger as well as to get size. I'll admit I do want to lift more so to gain size/hypertrophy and look better aesthetically. Flamesuit on. Thanks for the help.
StrongLifts. That's all you need. It has an app and you can watch how to lift in the app's videos too.

StrongLifts. That's all you need. It has an app and you can watch how to lift in the app's videos too.

Appreciate it. Total noob question so ignore the ignorance. So from what I've read SL is strictly focused on strength rather than size/aesthetics. I'm assuming because I'm a beginner I do need to start off with the basics and build up my strength before anything.

I've also read it doesn't have enough focus on certain accessory muscles like the core, arms. I'm going to guess squating, deadlifts, and bench take care of everything. Why does ice cream have so much accessory work compared to SL? It seems like that workout would take at least 2 hours

Last edited:
I just read about someone who died from cancer a couple days ago. He's had the cancer for about a year but he was still powerlifting as recent as a month ago. He wasn't a beast or anything but I checked his Facebook and it looked like he was still lifting hard enough to make gains.

Makes me feel like a *****, tbh :lol:

I feel extra inspired to go to the gym right now. Will definitely go tomorrow.

Appreciate it. Total noob question so ignore the ignorance. So from what I've read SL is strictly focused on strength rather than size/aesthetics. I'm assuming because I'm a beginner I do need to start off with the basics and build up my strength before anything.

I've also read it doesn't have enough focus on certain accessory muscles like the core, arms. I'm going to guess squating, deadlifts, and bench take care of everything. Why does ice cream have so much accessory work compared to SL? It seems like that workout would take at least 2 hours
The size will come with eating more and lifting. You'll learn the basic lifts first. After you feel like it's not getting you gains, you can switch it up.

^ thats cool /sad

And why wouldnt u be going to the gym tomorrow, its Monday/international chest day...ill be doing DLs [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Been a few days since i switched to 5sets of 5. Probably a little early to tell but i definitely feel the difference in terms of having more energy each set and not feeling as drained at the end of the workout. Takes me a little longer cuz of the longer rests but its all good with me. I did shoulders and legs today got up to 120 on the military press and 265 on squats. Felt good.

My goal is to get to 3plates on squats,deadlift and bench. Currently at 245 deadlift and 235 bench...got a ways to go but im gonna make it happen!

Been a few days since i switched to 5sets of 5. Probably a little early to tell but i definitely feel the difference in terms of having more energy each set and not feeling as drained at the end of the workout. Takes me a little longer cuz of the longer rests but its all good with me. I did shoulders and legs today got up to 120 on the military press and 265 on squats. Felt good.

My goal is to get to 3plates on squats,deadlift and bench. Currently at 245 deadlift and 235 bench...got a ways to go but im gonna make it happen!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Victory! Got through a 5x5 after warm up all at 195 on bench. Gonna start chipping away at a 205 5x5 now. One set at a time...

I'd do SL for a year at least. Super simple and will get you strong af. Size and aesthetics will come. You wanna be bulky eat carb heavy in surplus. You wanna be lean eat lean while still in surplus. The lifts stay the same.

I'd go on a year bulk too. I'm over a year now on bulk but I started skinny af too last June and am up 70 pounds.

Last edited:
yeah im not too sure about dudes rationale on all that. In my quest for a 405 squat i would put 405 on the bar some times and just walk it out and re rack it just to get the feeling of that amount of weight on my back. It helped me cross the mental hurtle so that when i finally got up to that weight to squat it, it wasn't a completely foreign feeling to my body.

But i still feel like the majority of people aren't powerlifting in competitions. And if you are doing "pin stand ups" to improve your athletic performance...you can surely do other things that will benefit you more. Want to be faster....do more speed work fast twitch muscle work more actual sprinting. Want to have better looking legs....ATG squat. If you are powerlifting in a competition maybe partials can be worked into a routine i guess

hey guys, need some advice for any program or even diet to follow. I am 240p 5'8 looking to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year or sooner. What would you guys recommend that can be easy to follow daily? thanks!

hey guys, need some advice for any program or even diet to follow. I am 240p 5'8 looking to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year or sooner. What would you guys recommend that can be easy to follow daily? thanks!
Jim stoppani 6 weeks to shred.
Follow diet and exercise

Diet isn't even that complicated. No offense, but you should know the difference between good food and bad.

Eat more eggs, lean meats, nuts, fruits and greens. The more greens the better. When you get hungry, just keep eating these things.

That's a lot of weight for your frame. Running out the gate might be hard on your knees. Maybe swim.

Do some body weight exercises. Push ups. Don't get frustrated if you can't do a lot out of the gate. Keep doing them. Etc.

Join a gym. I swear by boxing (you'll do a little jump rope but everything else should be good for you to start dropping weight).

I feel like if you're not eating well and exercising right now, just those adjustments will have you shedding weight in no time.

Last edited:
I find downloading an app like MyFitnessPal to track your calories is also a great habit to see how much you are taking in. I went from 215lbs to 155 in about 6-8 months, now im at a good 175-180. Not until I started tracking my meals did I find myself in a good place seeing results.

Throwing this out for free, usually sell em. One time use. Just rep and say thanks when used since some in here are rude and use em and don't say anything.

$5 shipped cellucor

Code is 9W3Y-CTVXUF-JEXGCH

Purchase the protein in the link (molten chocolate) don't change the flavor as it needs to be that vendor.

Amazon product ASIN B011DDC1E0

Back
Top Bottom