STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yeah get a rack bro. You can use it for everything, then just get a good bar and some weights and you're ready to go. I'd get a dl bar because you can squat with it too but you can't dl with a squat bar unless you want to destroy your hands.

height600

This is my weight bar

Way better than what I had before.

Last edited:
Yeah get a rack bro. You can use it for everything, then just get a good bar and some weights and you're ready to go. I'd get a dl bar because you can squat with it too but you can't dl with a squat bar unless you want to destroy your hands.

Theres a difference between dl bar and squat bar? Srs question. The gym i go to just has those standard bars that r 45lbs (same one thats used for bench).

Theres a difference between dl bar and squat bar? Srs question. The gym i go to just has those standard bars that r 45lbs (same one thats used for bench).

The whip at the end of the bar.

You don't really want the weights spinning at the end of the bar.

Unlike, cleans and snatch.

There's some other reason, like the handling and grip. Etc.

The whip at the end of the bar.

You don't really want the weights spinning at the end of the bar.

Unlike, cleans and snatch.

There's some other reason, like the handling and grip. Etc.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

Learn something new everyday. Thanks

did swimming again today.
do any of you casual swimmers use flippers ?

hell of a leg work out when using those but flying through the water.

i think ima make it a point to get in the water once a week now.

My gym has 2 pools (1 for laps the other is a wave pool). The weightroom is upstairs and has windows overlooking the pool. Few days ago i was just randomly looking out the window at the pool and there was like 6 or 7 people in the deep end of the pool in full scuba gear. Might have been a class or something but **** looked dope af.

I try to get in twice a month. Really helps my knees.

Nah, flippers are just an easy way out.

Best leg workout = grab a board and just kick doing laps like this --

Very serious.

It's an isolation exercise that works just your legs/hips. Try 20 laps doing freestyle kick with the board and keep your head above water. Your back, thighs, and derriere will hurt so good.

Last edited:

Sure do fly through the water with them. Everytime I did it though the bottom of my foot would cramp up like a mfer and I would start drowning in the middle of the pool lol.

Not srs about the drowing but y'all know how that hurts. And it can't just wait till I'm at an end of the lane

Edit: and yes swimming with just your legs and the board is a killer leg workout

Last edited:
Just deadlifted for the first time in prob 4 years. did 6x5 starting with 25s on each side and worked my way up to 225x1

Felt good :pimp: :pimp:. I was prob 20 last time I DLed so I think my man strength kicked in now that I'm 24 :lol: . I used to be super dedicated and could barely do 235x1

Last edited:
Smh . Couldn't do multiple sets of 300lbs. Just wasn't feeling it.. Smh. Embarrassing. Got 2 reps in and had to rack it.

Bench 265lbs 5x2

Did this ridiculous workout:

800m run
25 Deadlidt @ 135
25 Burpees
25 Push Press @ 95
800m run
25 Push Press @ 95
25 Burpees
25 Deadlifrs at 135
800m run

Same bar

Last edited:
What are some good body weight exercises? I only know push ups, sit ups and dips. My gym closed for the next 10 days for some annual maintenance. Also a possibility i might do a bid in the near future. Tryna think ahead and build a workout program for myself.

Need some advise. So I feel I'm in a tough spot. I'm only 5'11, 150, but feel out of shape, and want to cut down on my body fat. Particularly upper body.

What do you guys think is the best approach for someone in my position? 

Back
Top Bottom