STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I mean I don't hate chest but bench is a frustrating lift for me. I'm finally making progress though.

Dl and squat I got waaaaaaay stronger. Bench is just taking a lot of time for me.

So im attempting to put deadlifts back in my life. Im not flexible so i learned this sort of sumo / conventional hybrid. Practicied lightweight yesterday and def felt it in my back legs arms so im assuming iwas doing it decently right. It felt comfortable. Ill see if i can find a vid or pic. But it was basically feet separated about a shoulder with. Squat down best i could with butt a bit lower but not *** to cound. And hands inside for a grip (inside between my legs)

Felt more comfortable than conventional. But not as comfy as just sumo

Update us on the form change in a couple weeks. Might try this myself.

Remember we talked about our ladies and working out. I think buying my girl a fit bit was the greatest gift to MYSELF I could've ever gotten for HER. :rofl:
she was slackin all summer, but now she does these facebook group challenges with it and she been in at the gym everyday. and is goign to start using her work gym to be good at the challenges.

Update us on the form change in a couple weeks. Might try this myself.
showed a Trainer today and he told me to put a plate underneet the bar and weights (to raise it up about an inch) since im not flexible and dont go butt to ground. I think that was the ticket. felt great today. hips were out more, my back wasn't rounded anymore. its a good start til i get my flexibility and this form good.

For someone like me who is older, bad back, knees getting weaker. suffered from several Amel Curse injuries. this works perfect for me. I've had a pretty strong Sumo DL , this helps me get closer to a regular doesn't pain me.
For reference it's like this. Semi Sumo.

Since my gym closed til next week i been doing some bodyweight stuff past couple days.

I started doing this hybrid push up/burpee i dunno if it has a name. I jog on the spot for like 10sec then do a burpee but when i get down to the floor i do 5 push ups. When i pop back up i do an air squat and then 2 knee to elbow raises.

Ive been doing regular push ups, crunches and dips on top of this. Also been doing shoulder raises (front and lateral) and forearm curls since i have a single 12lbs dumbbell. A little light for the shoulder raises but its better than nothing for now.

Is a power shrug a rack pull that's explosive with a shrug on top? I need to do them in a few weeks for this program. Basically a shrug with more momentum behind it?

Should I use the smith machine for them?

So i been on a pretty serious bulk the past 3 month. Started lifting 2 1/2years ago at 125lb. After 2 years i weighed in at  150lb and stayed there for a while cause i got lazy with my diet cuz school. But this past summer i got serious again on getting bigger. currently sitting at 160lb and i put on some decent mass, strength, and fat. Im ok with that though. I def. got stronger on all my lifts as well. Bulking on 2800 calories day. at least 150 g of protein. i dont count carbs or fat. school is starting next week though so its gonna be though going to the gym. i always put school first before the gym.

i'd say my worst muscle group is my chest. i hit chest extra hard but damn that **** dont grow. my arms, legs and back are growing like crazy, though. Esp biceps/forearms ever since i started usin fat gripz. starting to think its just genetics at this point lmao. but imma still keep hitting chest as hard as i can.

p.s.
Don't ever skip leg day.

Last edited:
So i been on a pretty serious bulk the past 3 month. Started lifting 2 1/2years ago at 125lb. After 2 years i weighed in at  150lb and stayed there for a while cause i got lazy with my diet cuz school. But this past summer i got serious again on getting bigger. currently sitting at 160lb and i put on some decent mass, strength, and fat. Im ok with that though. I def. got stronger on all my lifts as well. Bulking on 2800 calories day. at least 150 g of protein. i dont count carbs or fat. school is starting next week though so its gonna be though going to the gym. i always put school first before the gym.

i'd say my worst muscle group is my chest. i hit chest extra hard but damn that **** dont grow. my arms, legs and back are growing like crazy, though. Esp biceps/forearms ever since i started usin fat gripz. starting to think its just genetics at this point lmao. but imma still keep hitting chest as hard as i can.

p.s.

Don't ever skip leg day.

That looks like a great hole for your D.

A trainer at the gym today sent me a link to this deal fellas. From usplabs.

2 bottles of their new aminos with caffeine
1 free t shirt
Usplabs sample pack
Free priority shipping
$29.99
EXPIRES TOMORROW AT 10am. I tried using it on my laptop but link didn't work. Copped on my phone just now
https://usplabsdirect.com/bundle-aminolift-2xpack-mango

I actually like USPLabs but sadly it didnt work for me computer and phone :\

Remember we talked about our ladies and working out. I think buying my girl a fit bit was the greatest gift to MYSELF I could've ever gotten for HER. :rofl:
she was slackin all summer, but now she does these facebook group challenges with it and she been in at the gym everyday. and is goign to start using her work gym to be good at the challenges.

showed a Trainer today and he told me to put a plate underneet the bar and weights (to raise it up about an inch) since im not flexible and dont go butt to ground. I think that was the ticket. felt great today. hips were out more, my back wasn't rounded anymore. its a good start til i get my flexibility and this form good.

For someone like me who is older, bad back, knees getting weaker. suffered from several Amel Curse injuries. this works perfect for me. I've had a pretty strong Sumo DL , this helps me get closer to a regular doesn't pain me.
For reference it's like this. Semi Sumo.

DAT Amel Curse (smh).
Took me 8 months to get good enough flexibility to go ATG squats.

am a try the semi sumos next session, my sumo is 20 lbs over my conventional. See if these close the gap.

p.s.

Don't ever skip leg day.

Try working out your tris for better chest

Back
Top Bottom