STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You understand that any time you use your glutes your lower back is also working right?

You cannot isolate your lower back or glutes from each other. Even with proper form you'll feel stress. It's just if you're strong enough to keep your form or not. If you're losing form drop the weight.

But no it shouldn't hurt. But it will burn.

Last edited:
I've always been super flexible with my hamstrings/ankles but my hips/it band have always been tight. I have flat feet too so it's only been getting worse. I feel like I need to crack my hips (like when you crack your fingers)

Like doing this is crazy to me lol. I have to do it so slow and I can't go all the way down. It's a struggle

Last edited:
I've always been super flexible with my hamstrings/ankles but my hips/it band have always been tight. I have flat feet too so it's only been getting worse. I feel like I need to crack my hips (like when you crack your fingers)
Same. Every word.

^ I just added a video to my post as an example.

Like I've never not been able to touch my toes, can go past them when sitting and I can put my palms on the ground, but I've never been able to touch my legs to the ground when doing a butterfly

Fell off working out, haven't lifted in like a month..only been going like 2x a week and just been going on 10-20mi bike rides. About to go DL and see how weak I am lol. Gonna hit 15mi on the bike after

Last edited:
Finished last week of DL program

DL
225x5
315x5
365x5
405x3
425x1
445x1 (pr)

Speed dl
275x2x5 (said f it and did 5 instead of 3)

Wasn't supposed to do anything else for back but i threw in bent over rows

135x12
185x10
205x8
225x6
245x4
265x2
245x4
225x6
205x8
185x10
135x12

Pull ups, biceps and cardio. Hit my goal of 445, might try for 455 next week and then run another cycle the week after. Coming for that 5plate!

^^^

Progress is crazy fam, keep going. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

You been mad consistent, you getting that 5 plate in no time.

Nice amount of volume in that workout.

Hungover as **** right now thanks to too much tequila and vodka last night, probably couldn't even deadlift 315.

Last edited:
ahat ahat

You're a beast bro. That's a lot of damn rows.

I'm gonna be hitting the gym again now. Today was the struggle bus but I gotta start somewhere. Still can't do a pull-up without losing my grip. I'm gonna do dl or farmers carries every time I hit the gym to get it back. Wrist still hurts so I gotta keep it light but whatever.

Hit a set 8 dl at 315 and got winded as hell. :lol:

Haven't been to the gym in a week cuz I've been super sick 
mean.gif
 Still not fully recovered yet

I was cued to brace my core and squeeze my glutes and focus on move my scapulae up and down. I didn't feel the stretch in my traps the way I would at the bottom of a DB shrug. It was odd.

Gave em a try today. I dunno if its cuz i didnt have the movement down correctly but i didnt really feel it in my traps like u said. Tried it for 3sets of 10, not really a fan but i could be doing it wrong. Ended up just doing shrugs with the barbell

Amazing what the human body can do.

Yesterday I felt like **** but got my new lever belt in the mail.

Couldn't break it in yesterday but got to the gym earlier today.

DL was

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x7
455x3
495x3
515x2
535x1

535 came up lightening quick, had much more in the tank but I'm waiting until next week to check my new max.

Been really dialing in my form and hitting my back with accessory work has made a huge difference.

I've noticed that the weakest part of my DL is getting off the ground, squatting more frequently will help greatly.

Shoulder DB

60x5
75x5
90x8
85x8
80x7
75x10

BB Rows

225x6
225x7
245x5
225x5

Weighted Dips

90x6x2
45x10

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press

2 plates each side x10x3

Lat Pulldown

220x8
200x8
160x12
120x15

Back pump was crazy after that last set. :x :pimp:

DB front raises

35x8
30x8
25x8

DB lateral raises

30x7
25x10
25x10

Finished with curls, dips, etc.

Really felt in the zone, one of those times you don't even wanna leave the gym.

Back
Top Bottom