STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Did you injure your hip flexors? I tweaked one side playing ball I thought about 2 weeks ago. Now the other side hurts too so I'm wondering if it was something lift related or maybe I'm overcompensating. It only hurts when I move suddenly at low intensity, like getting out of a chair, or changing walking directions.

You foam roll for that or just stretch as best you can?
Stretch and medicine ball the area has helped.

I've posted about it here before where I'm very flat footed and the issue is my ankle collapses when squatting depth. Causing and imbalance that some don't even know they have and can trigger hip flexor pain

Did you injure your hip flexors? I tweaked one side playing ball I thought about 2 weeks ago. Now the other side hurts too so I'm wondering if it was something lift related or maybe I'm overcompensating. It only hurts when I move suddenly at low intensity, like getting out of a chair, or changing walking directions.

You foam roll for that or just stretch as best you can?
Hip circles are a good dynamic stretch pre-workout.

after failing 425 DL twice the past month, i finally got it tonight. wasnt the cleanest, but i locked it out. 
pimp.gif

everything was just feelin good. pre workout rush, music pumping, my mind was in the zone too 
smokin.gif

I'ma check out this 30 Days Out: Craig Capurso's.
liked what I saw

finding a workout program is difficult lol. but i think ima reset my body. and all next week up my carbs up 40grams all week then start over going under 100 again for the rest of july.
See if i can shock the body enough to get this metabolism runnin again.

Week5

DL
135x5
225X5
315X5
395x3x3

Speed DL
320x3x3

Power shrugs-315x5x3
Stiff leg DL- 245x5x3
Bent over row- 245x5x3
Good mornings- 135x5x3
Reverse grip lat pulldown- 300x5x3

Pull ups
Biceps
Core

Seen the fattest booty mid set of some DL. Had me sayin GOT DAMN. Went lookin for shorty cuz i was tryna get some of that... She straight disappeared. Like a mirage or something

Week5

DL
135x5
225X5
315X5
395x3x3

Speed DL
320x3x3

Power shrugs-315x5x3
Stiff leg DL- 245x5x3
Bent over row- 245x5x3
Good mornings- 135x5x3
Reverse grip lat pulldown- 300x5x3

Pull ups
Biceps
Core

Seen the fattest booty mid set of some DL. Had me sayin GOT DAMN. Went lookin for shorty cuz i was tryna get some of that... She straight disappeared. Like a mirage or something
Bruh **** like that straight up motivates me mid set.

See a big ol booty walking by and I set PRs like that 

Last edited:
Bruh **** like that straight up motivates me mid set.

See a big ol booty walking by and I set PRs like that 

Real talk. This weeks weights werent close to my PR so it was easy but i swear once i seen that fatty i was pullin it like it was an empty bar. Just runnin thru the set cuz i wanted to holla at her lol

Good work^. Yea that booty is motivating in the gym

DL for me today too. Sucked because I was seeing stars at 275.

135x10
225x8
275x6
315x3x2
375x2
405x1x2
455x1x2

This happened after my 1st 455 rep

Cleaned it off a little, red winged that s***, and hit it again.

Put a band aid on and finished with stiff leg DL with DBs up to 60lbs, then pull ups

Yep, lift compounds at least your first two years. You'll be in the 1k club in no time.

You'll be big and will only spend 45 minutes in the gym.

Trying to get into lifting. Any beginners regimens you guys would recommend ?

Ain't lifted since football in high school
laugh.gif
depends on what your goal is... strength? looks? i mean both are gonna come but you can also focus on one more

I feel like 5x5 would be good for a beginer for a year regardless of goals. It will build a good foundation for everything. Even aesthetic bros should have a good squat.

Last edited:
Officially a card holding member of the 1000lb club.

Bench 235
DL 425
Squat 340

Current weight: 164.

Wish my bench was higher but I'll take it.

I feel like 5x5 would be good for a beginer for a year regardless of goals. It will build a good foundation for everything. Even aesthetic bros should have a good squat.
i agree but his accessory work (including volume) might be different depending on what he chooses to focus on i guess.

i personally cant vouch for the 5x5 cause i never tried it. when I first started lifting in my basement all I was doing was bench presses and bicep curls 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Congrats on the 1k club papi. :pimp:

Dcmade, what the hell are your goals man? :lol:

You wanna look like Ronnie Coleman? You wanna look like Bruce lee? You wanna squat 7 plates? You wanna bench 7 plates and never do leg day?

The neglect I've given my deltoids for years have been inexcusable. Any good regimen's?

Quote above was from Jan. 2013, so it feels good to be back in this thread, even if it's been 3.5 years :smh:

I've been able to drop 30 lbs since the day after the Superbowl and since I've been doing the same routune for the past 3-4 months, I need to backtrack this thread and see what things I can do to switch things up for the summer.

Congrats man. Def take advantage of the warmer season and hit up some sports and hiking

I HATE when you ask someone for a spot on bench and they grip the bar like they bouta do upright rows [emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji]

Tried to go for a pr 295 today and only 1 person was in the gym that wasnt doing cardio so i asked for a spot. I told dude dont touch it til bar stops moving... Whats he do? Grabs the bar when i have it at starting position smfh. Told him twice "yo im good. I got it". Mfer still holding it smh. So of course i was able to do a rep with this bozo assisting me. Vexxed me cuz i felt good like i coulda done it myself. Even if i woulda failed i woulda at least known how close i was (halfway, lockout etc) smh

/vent

I HATE when you ask someone for a spot on bench and they grip the bar like they bouta do upright rows [emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji]

Tried to go for a pr 295 today and only 1 person was in the gym that wasnt doing cardio so i asked for a spot. I told dude dont touch it til bar stops moving... Whats he do? Grabs the bar when i have it at starting position smfh. Told him twice "yo im good. I got it". Mfer still holding it smh. So of course i was able to do a rep with this bozo assisting me. Vexxed me cuz i felt good like i coulda done it myself. Even if i woulda failed i woulda at least known how close i was (halfway, lockout etc) smh

/vent

Bro, the absolute worst :smh: especially when you tell them specifically don't touch it smh. I had a random old man come over and pull the bar up on my last rep when I was benching for reps without a spot one time. I was nowhere near failing it was just going up slow but I easily had it. I got up and asked dude bruh what you doing? He nearvously laughed and was like sorry man I thought you needed help smh

Back
Top Bottom