STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Big facts bro

0B995FB2-2E72-4B2F-A0A9-5D6F540F698B.jpeg

Welp here’s my 491 squat PR. Show me someone grinding a weight harder than this I’ll wait:lol::smh:

500 gotta go.

also Merry Christmas y’all!

Crazy watching your progress, man.

I have my eye on 405 in the next month (hoping lockdowns don't close gyms by then), but haven't hit a 1RM PR over the last year after I did absolutely nothing workout-wise over the first lockdown...

Feeling confident in heavy weight after spending the last month or so training squats with a much stronger PLer (S: 500 and D: 600 at sub 240 tested at his first meet a few months back) and using bands more on heavy/explosive squats to help work past my sticking point.

1RM is currently 385 at 190, but I've been fluctuating between 200-210 over the last year. Hit 365 3x1 last Monday, 315 1x2 SSB Tuesday after shoulders, and then hit 375 for a clean single Thursday... In the low 200s now and want that 2x BW 405 rep so bad...

Crazy watching your progress, man.

I have my eye on 405 in the next month (hoping lockdowns don't close gyms by then), but haven't hit a 1RM PR over the last year after I did absolutely nothing workout-wise over the first lockdown...

Feeling confident in heavy weight after spending the last month or so training squats with a much stronger PLer (S: 500 and D: 600 at sub 240 tested at his first meet a few months back) and using bands more on heavy/explosive squats to help work past my sticking point.

1RM is currently 385 at 190, but I've been fluctuating between 200-210 over the last year. Hit 365 3x1 last Monday, 315 1x2 SSB Tuesday after shoulders, and then hit 375 for a clean single Thursday... In the low 200s now and want that 2x BW 405 rep so bad...

appreciate it man. You’ll get it. Don’t let the 4 plates get to your head. I know you can do it.

I miss heavy lifts and being dumb strong but I don't think i'll go back to that. Good times though showing up and my boy is on his last working set of squats and asking him to leave it on, i'll use it for warmup.
Man last time i deadlifted 5plates i regretted it when i had to take off all the plates and put it back. Such a hassle.

Im good on super heavy 1 rep sets. The risk outweighs the reward for me. 3plates is as heavy as ill go.

3 plates is a solid squat for people just lifting to lift and stay burly.

I’m happy with my dl max and I’ll leave that alone but I’m gonna keep working on my squat. I never feel bad after maxing out on squats unlike dl...

I just got to a point where i passed the goals i was trying to lift and i asked myself, now what?

It got boring lifting heavy. Had to switch it up. Been on the resistance band wave this year cuz of lockdowns. Doing a lot of reps.

Yeah I get bored too, gyms are open here again but I know like 10 people who have gotten corona at my gym so I’m good.

i bought ghost pre workout, tried it twice. threw up twice. it taste good but it made me feel like complete crap

Bummed a scoop off the homie once and felt sick to my stomach while training that day. Low-key felt like I had food poisoning.

I bushed all their stuff after that nah
tenor.gif

I like C4 (I know it's not that good) and a girly at work hates C4 and loves Ghost.

Ran numbers while at the gym. Compared some programs to nSuns to see why my squat seems to regress on certain programs:
■ Squat Erryday: 9.53+% greater squat volume per week
■ SL 5x5, w/ singles mixed in: 16.06% greater squat volume per week
■ 5/3/1 PHAT w/ singles mixed in: 48.53% less squat volume per week
■ 5/3/1 PPL, w/ singles mixed in: 28.89% less squat volume per week

After seeing this, I'm definitely chucking PHAT into the bushes. Maybe PPL too, unless I can tweak it for higher squat volume.

Will check some 5/3/1 Forever templates to see where they stack up. Sheiko I know will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom