STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How can you make oatmeal taste delicious without using butter and brown sugar? I want to start eating oatmeal again but I want to make it healthy. I ate it a few times with yogurt, bananas, apples, and honey on some expeiremental ish and it didn't taste too bad.

yogurt + whatever mix ins

I like oatmeal and strawberry yogurt though :pimp:

Im 5'10 weighing 150lbs. I'm skinny but muscular. I want to get up to 160-165.

I moved up to 30lb dumbbells this week.

My upper body workouts consist of 3 sets:

Dumbbell bench press (30lb dumbbells)
Shrugs (30lb dumbbells)
Curls (30lb dumbbells)
Weighted Tri dips (45lb weight)
Weighted Sit up (50lb weight)
Inclined rows (30lb bells)
Shoulder raises (10-15lb bells)
Lat pull downs (90-105lbs)
Cable rows (105-120lbs)
Hammer Press (45lb each side)
Deadlifts (50lbs)

Legs:
Extentions
Ham Curls
Calf raises
Ab/Adductor

Home workout:
Declinced push ups = 3 sets failure
Pull up = 3 sets failure

Cardio:
Run half a mile after lifting
Basketball when I'm not lifting

I started drinking a glass of milk before bed this week to see if that helps.

Anybody have any other tips that I can try?

doing light weight for shrugs is completely worthless, you need heavy weight to work them out.

So I sustained a shoulder injury getting undercut while playing ball and landing on it. It's been exactly a month and I still can't play ball with out it stinging. I can lift low amout of weight but this is messing me up I been gaining weight and out of shape now. Anyone know much about shoulder injurys and what kind of doctor should I see a chiropractor or a general physician 

Had a GREAT workout last night on arms... best in awhile. Changed how I come up on my curls, no more herky jerky movement, holding the contraction. Felt awesome.

So I sustained a shoulder injury getting undercut while playing ball and landing on it. It's been exactly a month and I still can't play ball with out it stinging. I can lift low amout of weight but this is messing me up I been gaining weight and out of shape now. Anyone know much about shoulder injurys and what kind of doctor should I see a chiropractor or a general physician 

Possibly a Sports Medicine doctor?

I never go to doctors, shoot I don't even have a general physician, but I after persistent knee pain for the last 5 months or so I went to a Sports Medicine Doctor a few weeks back and it was worth it.

Good luck.

Props to the dude with the weight loss before and after pictures. That is great to see someone achieve progress and a lifestyle/image change. Hope that inspires others.

Shoulder is finally feeling alright.

Took a week off and tomorrow I restart w/ Legs.

I'm gonna go extra hard until december w/ a cut.

Then my best friend comes back from basic training

and we gonna do Kris Gethin's DTP Mass trainer.

Have a Fit weekend NT warriors!

Used to have an account but new NT isn't letting me log on. Anyways, just wanted to drop some motivation in here for the guys beginning the grind trying to lose weight.
Excellent work! How much weight did you drop? What changes did you make to diet? How intense did you train and was the schedule tough?

Excellent work! How much weight did you drop? What changes did you make to diet? How intense did you train and was the schedule tough?
In that first picture I was at 260 and in that second picture I'm at 194. I cut all fast food and fatty snacks out my diet. No soda. I was always at a calorie deficit. I did intermittent fasting from time to time. Everyone says burn more calories than you put in and they're right.  When I first started out I was just trying to get through running a mile and I would do it twice a day. I got around 230 and was able to push through 2 miles and started lifting all while working on my game on the basketball court. When I would lift I would do about 85% to 90% of my max and do 12 reps but I wouldn't wait long and stare at myself in the mirror mirin' my progress especially when I was fat. I generally wait about 10 seconds between each rep and then go right back in. When you first start out the intensity of your workouts will be crappy because you're shocking your body but once you lose some weight that's when the real progress begins because you're actually able to do more. I won't lie I would relapse and eat some Chick-fil-a sometimes because of how low my calorie deficit was but then I would look at the aforementioned picture and get back on it and consider that meal a cheating day. I will say if you're heavier don't start out running too intensely because I personally started having problems with my achilles because there was just too much stress on my legs (and dare I say my nike running shoes were crappy). But yeah, consistency is pretty much key and keeping yourself in check.

In that first picture I was at 260 and in that second picture I'm at 194. I cut all fast food and fatty snacks out my diet. No soda. I was always at a calorie deficit. I did intermittent fasting from time to time. Everyone says burn more calories than you put in and they're right.  When I first started out I was just trying to get through running a mile and I would do it twice a day. I got around 230 and was able to push through 2 miles and started lifting all while working on my game on the basketball court. When I would lift I would do about 85% to 90% of my max and do 12 reps but I wouldn't wait long and stare at myself in the mirror mirin' my progress especially when I was fat. I generally wait about 10 seconds between each rep and then go right back in. When you first start out the intensity of your workouts will be crappy because you're shocking your body but once you lose some weight that's when the real progress begins because you're actually able to do more. I won't lie I would relapse and eat some Chick-fil-a sometimes because of how low my calorie deficit was but then I would look at the aforementioned picture and get back on it and consider that meal a cheating day. I will say if you're heavier don't start out running too intensely because I personally started having problems with my achilles because there was just too much stress on my legs (and dare I say my nike running shoes were crappy). But yeah, consistency is pretty much key and keeping yourself in check.

win

Up to 150 :smokin

Yes I'm hyped! Been stuck on 140 for months bros smh..gotta stop playing ball 2-3 hours 2-3x a week though. But i can't help it...

2 days out the gym and been eating non stop garbage, I feel disgusting
sick.gif
mean.gif

Up to 150 :smokin
Yes I'm hyped! Been stuck on 140 for months bros smh..gotta stop playing ball 2-3 hours 2-3x a week though. But i can't help it...

Good to hear bro. Keep up the progression, a shark only stops moving when it's dead.... Corney lol, but I like the idea

Anybody here have nicknames for people in your gym? I actually have a list lol...

ninja lady - small old ripped asian lady that benches, squats, rows , etc
orange - super tanned orange skin guy always doing cardio
2 chainz - tall skinny 6'4 black dude with dreads that works in the front desk
Machete - buff mexican guy running around doing supersets every workout always looks pissed off
Carlton - he looks like Carlton from Fresh Prince
Swole - Buffest scariest lookin guy I've seen in the gym always wearing a tank top. I never see him lift weights but I see him on the elliptical lookin pissed off as **** every time I see him.
Terrance J - He looks like exactly like him except with 30+lbs of muscle. Benchin 130DB's
Amazon - tall *** woman probably 5'11, super fine
ABDC - that group Massive Monkeys from America's Best Dance Crew practices dancing at my gym. They look kind of annoyed if I watch them practice a routine though

What's a good workout for someone who doesn't go to the gym, lives in a small place and doesn't have weights lying around?
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Anybody here have nicknames for people in your gym? I actually have a list lol...

ninja lady - small old ripped asian lady that benches, squats, rows , etc
orange - super tanned orange skin guy always doing cardio
2 chainz - tall skinny 6'4 black dude with dreads that works in the front desk
Machete - buff mexican guy running around doing supersets every workout always looks pissed off
Carlton - he looks like Carlton from Fresh Prince
Swole - Buffest scariest lookin guy I've seen in the gym always wearing a tank top. I never see him lift weights but I see him on the elliptical lookin pissed off as **** every time I see him.
Terrance J - He looks like exactly like him except with 30+lbs of muscle. Benchin 130DB's
Amazon - tall *** woman probably 5'11, super fine
ABDC - that group Massive Monkeys from America's Best Dance Crew practices dancing at my gym. They look kind of annoyed if I watch them practice a routine though

Gotta add some of my fav gym types:

Bob barker - dude is probably gonna drink his next protein shake at his wake, yet you see him in the gym doing the most unorthodox exercises that were probably discontinued back in the 1890's.
Indolent dolt - that dude or chick who are geared up to the max (got the latest kicks, ipod armband case, heart rate monitor etc) yet you never see em exercise and they just talk on their phone.
Novice teens - group of inexperienced teenagers that look mad lost, usually just trying and testing various exercises without proper form or any sense of direction. These cats also tend to rest about 10 min in between sets.
No Maam - Usually an overweight woman who is adamant about wearing spandex like everyone else to fit in, while everyone wonders how she fit into the spandex.

Last edited:
Used to have an account but new NT isn't letting me log on. Anyways, just wanted to drop some motivation in here for the guys beginning the grind trying to lose weight.

March of 2012

October of 2012

great motivation. i've seemed to plateau, but i just joined a cross-fit like gym with 3 classes a week...hoping to get down to that goal over the next 3-4 months

October of 2012

That;s great, pause of course. Did you track your body composition numbers? I am 285, ~30% bf. My goal is 225 by the summer. If I do that, my hops should return just off the strength of the increase bf% numbers, but if not then I'll get back into my hardcore plyos like I did when I was in my teens and see if I can't salvage a few more yrs (I'm 27) of being really athletic and dunking. Haven't done so in more than 2 yrs, haven't even been to the gym to hoop in almost a yr. See Snoop

Last edited:

props to you!:pimp: you're a motivation! hope i can share my story when i reach mine. keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom