STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

July 31 and today currently 275

u blacked out the best part :evil:

jk

im currently 5'11 almost 6'0 and 265 pounds

i wanted to start going to the gym and gaining some strength, i usually just play ball, but the gym is gunna be closed till jan.1

what are some good at home things i could do during that time?

Calf raises and push ups. I'd invest in a bench and some powerblock funnels for the crib, I have power blocks that I never use but they are for emergency if I'm in a time where I can't go to gym

Calf raises and push ups. I'd invest in a bench and some powerblock funnels for the crib, I have power blocks that I never use but they are for emergency if I'm in a time where I can't go to gym

i use to have a bench and dumbells but at that time i wasnt interested in lifting so i threw them away.

thanks for the info tho

what do u mean by drop weight?
You know the people who Dumbell bench press 40's and then grunt and throw them hella far? lol. Some gyms don't even allow you to hit on deadlifts.
iLLest!
It's for safety reasons. A year and half ago I just finished my last set and did it with 65s and there were weights scattered on the ground and my i dropped the weight and it ripped open my finger down to the bone. The weight brought my hand down and it got caught in between the 65 and the DB on the ground. Hurt so bad man
At Planet Fitness (the gym I go to right now smh) I don't think it's a safety issue to them. They don't cater to bodybuilders over there. And being able to just let go of the weights at the end of your set rather than having to put it back on your legs and thon get back up. Also, there's a difference between dropping and tossing...
laugh.gif
PF is garbage..cant even call that place a gym..its more like the Y or Bally Fitness..cant drop the weights? get the F outta here..hopefully they go bankrupt

PF is garbage..cant even call that place a gym..its more like the Y or Bally Fitness..cant drop the weights? get the F outta here..hopefully they go bankrupt
QFT. Those lame commercials they have just piss me off
mean.gif

Who the **** has pizza days..........at a GYM? 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:

QFT. Those lame commercials they have just piss me off :smh:

Who the **** has pizza days..........at a GYM? :stoneface:

PF is for the people that just join a gym to feel good about themselves, then never end up going or doing any work. They have Free Donuts and Coffee day, free cupcake day, free pizza day, and who knows what else. They always try to bait me into eating that crap but I look the other way and keep it movin.. :lol:

I'm moving to LVAC VERY soon, which is a gym that does cater to bodybuilders like myself and the people in this thread. So I can finally ditch the smith machines and do real bench presses, deadlifts, and squats.

Last edited:
what do u mean by drop weight?

You know the people who Dumbell bench press 40's and then grunt and throw them hella far? lol. Some gyms don't even allow you to hit on deadlifts.

iLLest!

It's for safety reasons. A year and half ago I just finished my last set and did it with 65s and there were weights scattered on the ground and my i dropped the weight and it ripped open my finger down to the bone. The weight brought my hand down and it got caught in between the 65 and the DB on the ground. Hurt so bad man

At Planet Fitness (the gym I go to right now smh) I don't think it's a safety issue to them. They don't cater to bodybuilders over there. And being able to just let go of the weights at the end of your set rather than having to put it back on your legs and thon get back up. Also, there's a difference between dropping and tossing... :lol:

Meh, Garbage to you but let people train where they want IMO, if i had no other gym or couldnt afford anywhere else i wouldnt see a problem. Mind your business and work out how you want, who cares what everyone else is doing.

You guys don't have to eat the cupcakes, pizza, etc. You guys sounding like girls man lol

You guys don't have to eat the cupcakes, pizza, etc. You guys sounding like girls man lol
use the gym, don't let the gym use you?
Man **** outta here with that BS, gyms represent a healthy lifestyle and are where people go to better themselves. You think having a pizza day is productive to do that? NO.  

Last edited:

just seems like unnecessary temptation supplied by a 'health' club. They should be trying to make the struggle easier, but they're the serpent with the forbidden fruit lol

Nobodies stoppin em from trainin where they want..i actually would be happier if there were more people at that gym and less of a redic crowd at my gym all the time..

And who cares what everyone else is doin? Fam when u learn how to get big assumin that ever happens and u get in the zone workin out u wanna hit 1 machine or free weight then the next and then the next..i dont wanna sit and wait 10 minutes between sets or machines because the crowd is shoulder to shoulder

But why does it matter to you? YOU are going to the gym to workout then leave. Gym chains like PF understand that we still live in America, the fattest nation on earth. Having pizza days, etc boosts enrollment from the majority of Americans who go to the gym but still eat like ****. In the end, it's all about money.

It doesn't bother me because I don't eat ****** foods like that, so I just workout and leave without even a tempt to grab a slice or whatever they have.

Legs Day! I really hope one of the two squat racks is open. I hate the dudes that superset squats with something else and walk away and leave the weights on the bar and come back in 10 minute intervals basically using the rack for 45 mins.

Son, I want to steal dudes memberships who do this. Like you seriously doing db curls, pull ups and squats? No awareness/compassion for the other people in the gym.
Dudes be on the other side of the gym, talking about "I got one set left on that" :smh:
My gym needs more squat racks.

But why does it matter to you? YOU are going to the gym to workout then leave. Gym chains like PF understand that we still live in America, the fattest nation on earth. Having pizza days, etc boosts enrollment from the majority of Americans who go to the gym but still eat like ****. In the end, it's all about money.

It doesn't bother me because I don't eat ****** foods like that, so I just workout and leave without even a tempt to grab a slice or whatever they have.

WELL WHY DONT THEY JUST OPEN A DAMB FOOD COURT INSTEAD OF A GYM?

ENROLLMENT FOR A FOOD COURT.

Originally Posted by RoOk
Wait wait..I'm the one posting bs?! dog shut up.

Like i said, if you have a choice if free weights then use it over the smith machines no doubt, but dont tell others bs about how bad it is just because you dont use it or you heard others put it down.

thats what i hate about guys who think there experts at lifting just because they go to the gym twice a week, think they know everything about lifting.

Cant someone just say the same in response to you though?

Last edited:
Legs Day! I really hope one of the two squat racks is open. I hate the dudes that superset squats with something else and walk away and leave the weights on the bar and come back in 10 minute intervals basically using the rack for 45 mins.

Son, I want to steal dudes memberships who do this. Like you seriously doing db curls, pull ups and squats? No awareness/compassion for the other people in the gym.
Dudes be on the other side of the gym, talking about "I got one set left on that" :smh:
My gym needs more squat racks.

this is what irks me down deep inside. cats'll walk off n leave their towel on it like a place holder. nah son, you got 5 before i'm scissor kicking your towel to the floor and bogarting the whole machine.

I'm so glad the school gym I go to has 6 platforms + squat racks and another 2 squat racks. There's always someone rotating and people are nice enough to share the rack + platform

upjust seems like unnecessary temptation supplied by a 'health' club. They should be trying to make the struggle easier, but they're the serpent with the forbidden fruit lol

They just keepin you locked in. If you never reach goals or progress, you'll keep comin back

upjust seems like unnecessary temptation supplied by a 'health' club. They should be trying to make the struggle easier, but they're the serpent with the forbidden fruit lol

They just keepin you locked in. If you never reach goals or progress, you'll keep comin back

Bingo. Its a backwards approach to fitness but its all about money for PF.

this is what irks me down deep inside. cats'll walk off n leave their towel on it like a place holder. nah son, you got 5 before i'm scissor kicking your towel to the floor and bogarting the whole machine.
QFT. This old cat always does that ****. He will be sitting doing bicep curls and say he's using the cables too that are halfway across the damn gym 
mean.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Last edited:

BRUH I was on the verge of just joining LA Fitness because its this Mexican cat at my apartments gym that does that, dude will literally be using 4 machines at one time going in a circuit

Back
Top Bottom