STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anything better then walking into the gym on leg day, starting off with Squats (front squats for today) and seeing the squat rack open? Maybe it's just me since there are only 2 squat racks at our rec center, but no better feeling then not having to wait or watch someone doing pull ups or curls finish up.

Gotta plan my days around the leg workouts to avoid all this, especially when I'm doing 5+ sets.

Also any thoughts of front vs normal squats? I do 2 leg days a week and switch them up, I enjoy both, but just wanted to get some of yall's opinions on it.

Do work NTFitness.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about doing IF. What are you guys recommendations regarding it? Anybody can chime in. Figure I'm going to test it for a month and a half. I'm think an 8 hr window 1-9. Except my workout won't be fasted, time constraints. It will be during my feeding time. Not that I think it will matter too much. But besides that, what do you suggest? Things to eat, things to avoid. I'm already pretty lean, but I'd like to drop another % or 2. Not to mention all of the benefits I've read about it.
iLLest did it...we all know what happened to him

I'm thinking about doing IF. What are you guys recommendations regarding it? Anybody can chime in. Figure I'm going to test it for a month and a half. I'm think an 8 hr window 1-9. Except my workout won't be fasted, time constraints. It will be during my feeding time. Not that I think it will matter too much. But besides that, what do you suggest? Things to eat, things to avoid. I'm already pretty lean, but I'd like to drop another % or 2. Not to mention all of the benefits I've read about it.

I did it, got my best weight loss during it. Its mentally stressful though. After a few months you will start to get wild cravings and binge eat, but that keeps you sane though

Sup yall, I got a problem. My forearms used to be veiny as hell but now they're completely gone. What should i do to get them back.

damn, those preworkout news are scary

i haven't taken preworkout in awhile, but i was thinking about buying another tub of assault (muscle pharm).

just get too tired after 9 hours of work + 1.5 hours of commuting home. need a bump in energy to get my mind right.

I did it, got my best weight loss during it. Its mentally stressful though. After a few months you will start to get wild cravings and binge eat, but that keeps you sane though

Yeah I don't think I could keep up IF at my current job, I need a clear head.

Yea I was eating on a Ramadan like schedule for like 6 months, always working out fasted. I think I jacked my hormones up where I went on a two week binge and felt great. As of late I haven't even really been counting my calories accurately I just been going high volume in the gym and eating when I'm hungry. I'm sure I've gained weight but oh well

When I was doing IF it was terrible. My stomach usually felt like **** because I was taking supplements on an empty stomach.

I already dont like weighing myself

but i decided to on a digital scale

wtf....

never again

thing was wild with the different numbers

Whoever goes to Kroger the next time ur in there make sure u use their high tech body fat machine that should be over by the Pharmacy..it also checks blood pressure but im curious as to how accurate this thing is..

Yea I was eating on a Ramadan like schedule for like 6 months, always working out fasted. I think I jacked my hormones up where I went on a two week binge and felt great. As of late I haven't even really been counting my calories accurately I just been going high volume in the gym and eating when I'm hungry. I'm sure I've gained weight but oh well

How'd you guys feel? Lethargic? Drained? How was your menu during your feeding period? Large meals, small meals? I already feel like crap when i go a few hours without eating lol. but the articles i've read said that that goes away once your body gets used to the eating schedule..? As far as cravings I should be fine, since I've been slowly eliminating all of my favorite stuff from my normal diet anyways. No sweets other than fruit, which has been absolutely amazing lately once i got all of those skittles and chocolate chip cookies out of my system lol. No fried food, no fast food. When i think, it's whiskey. Passing on the bread and white potatoes, rices. Lots of green veggies. And just being mindful and using judgement when eating. My friend at the gym said to me the other day that he can never tell if i'm cutting or bulking, because I'm always looking lean but I seem to be getting bigger. Which actually is true, I'm consistently trimming fat while slow adding size gains, nothing substantial like a bulk breeds, but slowly and surely adding millimeters to my diameter.

I recently stopped IF, dropped like 10lbs quick, but it get's old fast and it's not a realistic eating schedule for the long term. Gained a few lbs back since I stopped, but I feel alot better (I was getting headaches and was having terrible workouts). I'm content with my physique....

This + protein and fish oil is my current stack.

Anyone ever taken either of these before?

How'd you guys feel? Lethargic? Drained? How was your menu during your feeding period? Large meals, small meals? I already feel like crap when i go a few hours without eating lol. but the articles i've read said that that goes away once your body gets used to the eating schedule..? As far as cravings I should be fine, since I've been slowly eliminating all of my favorite stuff from my normal diet anyways. No sweets other than fruit, which has been absolutely amazing lately once i got all of those skittles and chocolate chip cookies out of my system lol. No fried food, no fast food. When i think, it's whiskey. Passing on the bread and white potatoes, rices. Lots of green veggies. And just being mindful and using judgement when eating. My friend at the gym said to me the other day that he can never tell if i'm cutting or bulking, because I'm always looking lean but I seem to be getting bigger. Which actually is true, I'm consistently trimming fat while slow adding size gains, nothing substantial like a bulk breeds, but slowly and surely adding millimeters to my diameter.

I would typically do a large meal post workout (7-1200 calories) and a snack +shake before bed. Like I said my window was extreme it was from 6pm-12am. Throughout the day I just drank water. While doing this I was losing like 3lbs a week. With my situation I was cutting heavy (like 1600-1700 calories) and working out heavy (in the gym 4-5 days a week) so I think around the end of june my body got tired of it. I've been 230-235 for a month now but I look more vascular than I did when I clocked in at 228 a month ago. The one think with IF is when you wake up about 4 hours later your body is dry and empty so you look crazy lean, but right when you eat you get bloated as heck. I wouldnt say I felt drained, but I started getting wild cravings for carbs, so I`d go get fried chicken and chocolate chip cookies and crap, I was still well within my Calorie goal, but I would just hold on to extra water/get bloated. IF works especially if you have a tight daily schedule because you dont feel like you HAVE to eat breakfast or lunch like we care conditioned to do, you create a window that works best for you. I just wouldnt recommend doing it longer than 4-5 months. Of the 90 or so lbs I lost, I lost 30-40 doing IF.

post your stack
I got the hyper shred and bcaa for free. I dont know if ill use they hyper shred

Last edited:
By whiskey, you mean you have cravings for it because you abstain or it's your one vice? I've been considering making the beer->whiskey switch, but I've invested a lot of time and money into getting good at drinking beer and at the end of the day:

This + protein and fish oil is my current stack.

Anyone ever taken either of these before?

Can you explain the purpose of each of those suppies?

post your stack
I got the hyper shred and bcaa for free. I dont know if ill use they hyper shred

Go back to teen misc. Posting your stacks is one of those phases that all beginners go through. Eventually you will realize that money spent on supplements does not equal commitment to getting swole.

By whiskey, you mean you have cravings for it because you abstain or it's your one vice? I've been considering making the beer->whiskey switch, but I've invested a lot of time and money into getting good at drinking beer and at the end of the day:
Can you explain the purpose of each of those suppies?
Go back to teen misc. Posting your stacks is one of those phases that all beginners go through. Eventually you will realize that money spent on supplements does not equal commitment to getting swole.

lol money spent, I only spent about $70.
Btw thanks for you useless advice on supplements. Obviously they dont get you swole, they are used to supplement you diet

Bb.com has bogo on assault right now and then you can get 10% more off with code "2013suppawards" as stated a few pages back

How to burn belly fat?

I jog 20 laps and jump rope at the park.

What's a good diet? I know broccoli is good for belly fat.

I try to eat small portions throughout the day also.

Are bananas and apples good for belly fat?

Back
Top Bottom