STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

He's one of the best resources out there for powerlifting, IIFYM, and recreational bodybuilding. When it comes to hardcore bodybuilding, his word is not gospel and there are 50+ years of methods in place that have worked time and time again for the best in the world.
For real, he's really not even the best resource for powerlifting, his squat form is awful due to having to hit depth for the IPF.

IFBB guys are either on the strictest bro diet (chicken n rice etc..) or getting huge during the offseason trying to put on more mass.

IIFYM has been popularized so much by people like CG and TOC, I think it seems like its mainly for people who just like to lift recreationally and still eat somewhat of whatever they want. 

For real, he's really not even the best resource for powerlifting, his squat form is awful due to having to hit depth for the IPF.

IFBB guys are either on the strictest bro diet (chicken n rice etc..) or getting huge during the offseason trying to put on more mass.

IIFYM has been popularized so much by people like CG and TOC, I think it seems like its mainly for people who just like to lift recreationally and still eat somewhat of whatever they want. 

Yeah his squat honestly makes me want to cry every time just from watching what he puts his back through. But as far as program design and such, for someone who is completely clueless, he has some good blueprints out there.

IMHO, IIFYM is just representative of the pussification of society. People want to be shredded and have a great physique but they don't want to put in the work to do it and maintain it so they devised a system that lets them feel better about not being able to stick 100% to any particular regiment. But that's just the Alpha in me talking.

I think that is an important distinction to make.

lifting to COMPETE in power lifting or body building vs recreational

I'll never forget Durden saying something like "I'll sacrifice a few percentages of body fat to eat some cookies"
laugh.gif

I disagree on bio layne. The guy is a great source of information. From what i read and seen of him hes extremely knowledgeable and explains things in a way that's easy to understand.

His squat break down video that was posted here its great. He explains why he squats the way he does and doesnt recommend it for anyone else.

Last edited:
IIFYM works for me. I'm cutting with it right now, eating pop tarts ****. It works great, I'm down 11 lbs so far.

Yeah his squat honestly makes me want to cry every time just from watching what he puts his back through. But as far as program design and such, for someone who is completely clueless, he has some good blueprints out there.

IMHO, IIFYM is just representative of the pussification of society. People want to be shredded and have a great physique but they don't want to put in the work to do it and maintain it so they devised a system that lets them feel better about not being able to stick 100% to any particular regiment. But that's just the Alpha in me talking.
back from the dead just to rep this man.
Beautifully written

^
I don't really agree with this. Like I said, I have seen real results eating IIFYM... IIFYM doesn't actually mean that I eat chili cheeseburgers, pizza, and other miscellaneous ****, but there is some flexibility. I eat pop tarts, drink an occasional IPA, and even ice cream sometimes, but 90% of the time I'm clean. I still eat chicken, eggs, whey, spinach, broccoli, tilapia, 93% lean turkey meat, oats, and brown rice. I just don't have "cheat days" per say. I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight, and .3 grams of fat per pound of lean body weight. The rest of my calories come from carbs. im currently 172 lbs eating in a deficit that restricts me to about 1900 calories per day. i get 688 calories from protein and 464 calories from fat. I fill in the rest with carbs. A carb is a carb... It doesn't matter in my opinion. I don't understand why anyone would force themselves to eat **** food when they don't have to. I don't consider myself a ***** because I prefer a 200 carbs of Poptarts over 200 carbs of brown rice. It doesn't matter, I've tried both ways, and I've seen results both ways. As long as your consistent, you will see results.

Last edited:
^
I don't really agree with this. Like I said, I have seen real results eating IIFYM... IIFYM doesn't actually mean that I eat chili cheeseburgers, pizza, and other miscellaneous ****, but there is some flexibility. I eat pop tarts, drink an occasional IPA, and even ice cream sometimes, but 90% of the time I'm clean. I still eat chicken, eggs, whey, spinach, broccoli, tilapia, 93% lean turkey meat, oats, and brown rice. I just don't have "cheat days" per say. I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight, and .3 grams of fat per pound of lean body weight. The rest of my calories come from carbs. im currently 172 lbs eating in a deficit of 1900 calories per day. i get 688 calories from protein and 464 calories from fat. I fill in the rest with carbs. A carb is a carb... It doesn't matter in my opinion. I don't understand why anyone would force themselves to eat **** food when they don't have to. I don't consider myself a ***** because I prefer a 200 carbs of Poptarts over 200 carbs of brown rice. It doesn't matter, I've tried both ways, and I've seen results both ways. As long as your consistent, you will see results.
You're in a 1900 calorie deficit? 
sick.gif

I disagree on bio layne. The guy is a great source of information. From what i read and seen of him hes extremely knowledgeable and explains things in a way that's easy to understand.

His squat break down video that was posted here its great. He explains why he squats the way he does and doesnt recommend it for anyone else.
He has some good info, but if you're really into powerlifting and not biased to who is who and on what then there are some better guys to listen to.

I think he is good for beginners for sure though.

^
I don't really agree with this. Like I said, I have seen real results eating IIFYM... IIFYM doesn't actually mean that I eat chili cheeseburgers, pizza, and other miscellaneous ****, but there is some flexibility. I eat pop tarts, drink an occasional IPA, and even ice cream sometimes, but 90% of the time I'm clean. I still eat chicken, eggs, whey, spinach, broccoli, tilapia, 93% lean turkey meat, oats, and brown rice. I just don't have "cheat days" per say. I eat 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body weight, and .3 grams of fat per pound of lean body weight. The rest of my calories come from carbs. im currently 172 lbs eating in a deficit that restricts me to about 1900 calories per day. i get 688 calories from protein and 464 calories from fat. I fill in the rest with carbs. A carb is a carb... It doesn't matter in my opinion. I don't understand why anyone would force themselves to eat **** food when they don't have to. I don't consider myself a ***** because I prefer a 200 carbs of Poptarts over 200 carbs of brown rice. It doesn't matter, I've tried both ways, and I've seen results both ways. As long as your consistent, you will see results.

But here's my question for you;

If you were consistent 100% of the time, always. Your meal timing was spot on (yes, it does matter when you eat what), you were 100% clean in your diet, you don't think you would see more results than being 90% there like you are right now? And just because your body sees the carbohydrate the same, tons of other factors play into it. Volumetrics, insulin manipulation, fiber intake, micronutrient intake. As was mentioned earlier, IIFYM works for people who like to lift but want some flexibility. Sure, mentally, IIFYM is easier. But there's actual physiological benefit to a cheat meal once a week. Not a cheat day, cheat meal. Huge difference. There is no physiological advantage to IIFYM. It's for people who can't mentally handle being 100% clean and 100% committed all of the time. And that's fine, I don't think it's for everybody to be that way. But there is a difference and one will work better than the other period end of story.

But here's my question for you;

If you were consistent 100% of the time, always. Your meal timing was spot on (yes, it does matter when you eat what), you were 100% clean in your diet, you don't think you would see more results than being 90% there like you are right now? And just because your body sees the carbohydrate the same, tons of other factors play into it. Volumetrics, insulin manipulation, fiber intake, micronutrient intake. As was mentioned earlier, IIFYM works for people who like to lift but want some flexibility. Sure, mentally, IIFYM is easier. But there's actual physiological benefit to a cheat meal once a week. Not a cheat day, cheat meal. Huge difference. There is no physiological advantage to IIFYM. It's for people who can't mentally handle being 100% clean and 100% committed all of the time. And that's fine, I don't think it's for everybody to be that way. But there is a difference and one will work better than the other period end of story.
Eating a cheat meal every so often isn't eating clean 100% of the time.
I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying IIFYM works for me, and I like it. I went from 188 to 172 in 3 months with IIFYM. It doesn't mean I'm a *****, or I can't "handle" eating bland, non seasoned, batch cooked, body building chicken. It just means I don't want to and I don't have to. My goal is to be sub 10% body fat and IIFYM is getting me there.

It's expensive to be 100% clean and committed thats for sure 
laugh.gif
. Especially for my work schedule. One day I will figure out how to balance everything out. Props to everyone doing it

Eating a cheat meal every so often isn't eating clean 100% of the time.
I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying IIFYM works for me, and I like it. I went from 188 to 172 in 3 months with IIFYM. It doesn't mean I'm a *****, or I can't "handle" eating bland, non seasoned, batch cooked, body building chicken. It just means I don't want to and I don't have to. My goal is to be sub 10% body fat and IIFYM is getting me there.

On an unrelated note:

I have never once in my bodybuilding career eaten unseasoned batch cooked chicken. Nor do I know anybody who has...

As for the rest of your post: agree to disagree. Keep on putting in the work. If it works for your body, keep at it. I will continue to stick to what I believe in and am just providing my 2cents and insight based on personal experience and education

My girl got me chocolates yesterday and I've been eyeing them ever since. I really just wanna tear through them, but eating clean is going so well for me right now. :lol:

Was just about to go get me 4 slices of pizza but went for the Grilled Chicken salad instead. I went ham in oly today.

*crying inside*

Im gonna need some real scientific legit studies/articles whatever you want to call it that proves meal occurrence or timing actually makes a difference, except for guys on gear and or preparing for a show and are deep in a cut.

Im gonna need some real scientific legit studies/articles whatever you want to call it that proves meal occurrence or timing actually makes a difference, except for guys on gear and or preparing for a show and are deep in a cut.
Yea, I don't buy that either.

Agreed.

never seen any legit evidence that concludes meal timing and frequency matters in natural lifters

Back
Top Bottom