STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

boost life ftw
javi, when you get done with that size 9 TD hit me up with first dibs!
i sold mine like a dumb *** for $800 cash, right before they peaked up to what they are now.
i literally have/had your full collection, minus the ST (which i surprisingly like after seeing shaw's)
I think this particular model of the ST is going to be one of those models people regret passing on, and wind up trying to find later.  The ST model in general I like, but the detail on this shoe is nuts. 

Ryan, you and I have almost the same lineup.  I ran across the grey wools this Monday, but just couldn't get myself to like them enough to buy.  I wasn't crazy about the "wooliness" off the primeknit.

I think this particular model of the ST is going to be one of those models people regret passing on, and wind up trying to find later.  The ST model in general I like, but the detail on this shoe is nuts.

Ryan, you and I have almost the same lineup.  I ran across the grey wools this Monday, but just couldn't get myself to like them enough to buy.  I wasn't crazy about the "wooliness" off the primeknit.
The Grey Wools got me from everyones pics with filters. Not as big of a fan of them in person actually. My fav. pairs right now are the ST and the OG. Hopefully Creams restock soon so I can get an up close look at them.

This MC/Navy ST isnt coming stateside, is it? I got super lucky on a SNS restock. Got it for 150

The Grey Wools got me from everyones pics with filters. Not as big of a fan of them in person actually. My fav. pairs right now are the ST and the OG. Hopefully Creams restock soon so I can get an up close look at them.

This MC/Navy ST isnt coming stateside, is it? I got super lucky on a SNS restock. Got it for 150
The creams are sick, they're even better in person.  I got my MC/Navy STs from SweatShop in UK for $160 shipped, and I haven't seen any indication that they're coming stateside.  By the way, does the debossed text on the medial side "gel" insert on your pair differ than the online pics as well?  The online pics I've seen show the text as "Tuned Energy," but my pair says "Energized Stability." 

Stock photo:

The creams are sick, they're even better in person.  I got my MC/Navy STs from SweatShop in UK for $160 shipped, and I haven't seen any indication that they're coming stateside.  By the way, does the debossed text on the medial side "gel" insert on your pair differ than the online pics as well?  The online pics I've seen show the text as "Tuned Energy," but my pair says "Energized Stability." 

Stock photo:

Same

i have the same pair in a diff colorway that i wear to work daily, i paid $35 for em (50 - 15 vip)
not the SAME comfort overall, but still a great buy!

Yeah I have to break free from this spend whatever on js but limit myself how much I'll spend on other brands. Would probably help to try on a pair of ultras

if you wanna save money, dont do it... ive now bought 10 pairs in the last.... probably 6 months? and 0 J's in that time.
i'm pretty sure the only J's i have bought in the last year are the 29s, and i got two of those. last retro i can remember buying and keeping might be the tuxedo xi low, which i am actually going to clean and sell here soon.
the comfort is just terrible in retros now, and after wearing the UB, i can't stand to be in an uncomfortable shoe for more than 5 minutes now lol

I wanted to try boost for awhile now. I was gonna start with drose 6. I know it's a different feel.

if you wanna save money, dont do it... ive now bought 10 pairs in the last.... probably 6 months? and 0 J's in that time.
i'm pretty sure the only J's i have bought in the last year are the 29s, and i got two of those. last retro i can remember buying and keeping might be the tuxedo xi low, which i am actually going to clean and sell here soon.
the comfort is just terrible in retros now, and after wearing the UB, i can't stand to be in an uncomfortable shoe for more than 5 minutes now lol
I'm so tired of the midsole paint cracking on 3s and 4s. But something about the aquas sucked me back in.

Last edited:
Def haven't given up on J's, but they aren't making very much that I want either. This year is looking pretty good for my wallet - Cement IV, Flu 12, Metallic V, and Bred 1 are the only things I've seen that I would even remotely want. I just hope they don't start cutting production numbers again. 

Back
Top Bottom