Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

Had the discussion with my homegirl last night.

She said there's no point in her hitting me that I should have to hit her back. No matter what she does, at most I should grab and subdue her.
But even if I catch 100 rounds to the face, I shouldn't hit her once because as a man, I'm stronger than her.

Yeah, Aiight.

My first reaction would probably be to grab her and take her to the ground, sit on her until she calms down.

But like I told her, you hit me once. agh, you're just mad, I'll let you have that. But don't hit me again. I'm only telling you not to hit me a total of 3 times.
And if she got them hands, it may only be twice.
the fact that millions of women, probably the majority, think like this, is the problem we have...

What's wrong with acknowledging that?
I've said this in another thread...but if I was to go up to Kimbo Slice, talk a bunch of smack to him, hit him upside the head, and then subsequently get my *** handed to me by him everyone would say I "deserved it" and that I "should have known better."

BS.  It's not about weakness or strength.  It's about propagating the backwards, old-school mentality of "you don't hit women because you don't hit women".

the fact that millions of women, probably the majority, think like this, is the problem we have...

What's wrong with acknowledging that?

I was like. If you know I'm stronger than you and capable of doing more harm(every man is not stronger than every woman.) Then why are you swinging on me in the first place.
I'm not gonna pick a fight with The Rock or Tyson.

Asked her how can you preach you want so much equality amongst the sexes, yet you want a pass to be out here seining on ****** whenever you want.
And I'm giving no warning to those big lesbian chicks that dress like men. Clothes baggier than mine.

Last edited:
I guess this doesn't fly...

Not trolling... I'm dead *** serious on this...

And :rofl: at dude's trying to connect the dots...

Between a women hitting a man, spitting in his face, disrespecting him, following him around, daring him to do something... AND IM ACTUALLY POPPIMG HER...

To a woman wearing booty shorts and inviting rape.

:lol:

New name for y'all... The NT round-and-rounders..

Cuz I swear y'all will try to draw dotted line convoluted parallels to anything just to argue the opposite point.

:lol:
Oh word? You know a lot of rape victims know their attacker right? You know a lot of rape victims have gotten their attackers hard by kissing touching dancing getting semi naked etc. But at the end they say no and dudes still go for it.

You can assumed a woman did the worst to provoke a fist but not to invite the penis? Your argument is just funny.

The point here you have made it v... The same way a man should know is time to walk away is the same way a man know when to stop when a woman says no. Men that retaliate with fist are the men that continue going for it because they have no self control and were provoked.

Last edited:
Confused why this turned into "if a women should be able to hit a man", when that's not why SAS apologized :lol:

Oh word? You know a lot of rape victims know their attacker right? You know a lot of rape victims have gotten their attackers hard by kissing touching dancing getting semi naked etc. But at the end they say no and dudes still go for it.

You can assumed a woman did the worst to provoke a fist but not to invite the penis? Your argument is just funny.

The point here you have made it v... The same way a man should know is time to walk away is the same way a man know when to stop when a woman says no. Men that retaliate with fist are the men that continue going for it because they have no self control and were provoked.

It's amazing how absurd it sounds to say a woman provokes rape then in the same breath say they can provoke being abused, like rape is not abuse

Mannn you know what :lol:

Fellas, just leave. If your girl starts wilding out and throwing crap, just bounce. Do not engage. Do not hit them. The only correct move in that situation is to bounce. The move that will have the least amount of ramifications is to bounce. At the end of the day it's always a question of is it worth it? Do you think Ray Rice wishes he had absorbed those blows and walked the hell out of that elevator? I'll bet he does. Think of all of the crap he's had to deal with since this has happened. It is not worth it. Just get the hell away from her.

Some of you "dudes" in here are reaching harder than Michelle Beadle with that rape comparison.  Got dudes in here acting more emotional than females, nothing good can ever come out of that. 

Some of you "dudes" in here are reaching harder than Michelle Beadle with that rape comparison.  Got dudes in here acting more emotional than females, nothing good can ever come out of that. 

Yup because people who have different comments and opinions on a discussion forum are "dudes", "emotional", "reaching"

:smokin

So they just released Ray Rice's portion of the vid?

It was like the Jay-Z situation. They had cameras inside the elevator also.

And I wouldn't say it was just Ray Rice's portion, because he allegedly hit her twice and we just saw the dragging.

Last edited:
LoL

By no means did I ever say violence is OK.

But really a PRO-FOOTBALL PLAYER that can probably bench his wife weights 20 times and constantly hits and gets hit by 250+ line backers cant restrain his spouse from hitting him?

Come on ... We only saw one half of the story got it. But if you believe she hit him first then you must believe this is not the first time dude has laid her out for it.

He needs help and so does she SAS comments about provoking are flat out wrong and in turn he apologized for them.

Last edited:

Yup because people who have different comments and opinions on a discussion forum are "dudes", "emotional", "reaching"

smokin.gif
Even worse, now "dudes" are happy to be considered emotional on the topic at hand instead of being rationale.  Truly at sad day and time for NT, particularly for a male dominated message forum.   

How many times does it need to be calmly and logically explained to you? It's pretty simple.

The "dudes" reaching in here are the ones looking for any excuse to hit a girl even though SAS said NOTHING about self defense. SAS didn't mention a woman hitting a man yet that's the only conversation circling around here.

The "emotional" "dudes" here are the ones jumping to the defense of husbands that abuse their wives, woman-beaters and rapists because a small percentage of cases are actually self-defense. It's cool though - stand up for that small percentage while the majority of abusers who aren't provoked reap the benefits. You got it, "dude".

Even worse, now "dudes" are happy to be considered emotional on the topic at hand instead of being rationale.  Truly at sad day and time for NT, particularly for a male dominated message forum.   

Yes because the "dudes" who aren't "emotional" are the ones who completely understand the topic and why SAS apologized in the first, which had nothing to do with a woman hitting a man. :lol: :smokin

How many times does it need to be calmly and logically explained to you? It's pretty simple.

The "dudes" reaching in here are the ones looking for any excuse to hit a girl even though SAS said NOTHING about self defense. SAS didn't mention a woman hitting a man yet that's the only conversation circling around here.

The "emotional" "dudes" here are the ones jumping to the defense of husbands that abuse their wives, woman-beaters and rapists because a small percentage of cases are actually self-defense. It's cool though - stand up for that small percentage while the majority of abusers who aren't provoked reap the benefits. You got it, "dude".

But what if she talk about my mama :frown: she provoked me

:lol: @ these extremes yall jump too.

SAS's whole point was pointing out the fact that there are crazy *** women out there that will put their hands on a man. Some of yall seem scared to speak on it. We all know domestic violence wrong, on both sides though.

SAS's whole point was pointing out the fact that there are crazy *** women out there that will put their hands on a man. Some of yall seem scared to speak on it. We all know domestic violence wrong, on both sides though.

Here we go again, if that was his simple point then why he didn't just say that?

@mgrand15
and @heLiumcLinton
, did either of you dudes watch or listen to ESPN First Take from Friday 7/25, particularly the Ray Rice segment in it's entirety??

We've been talking about the clip posted, the quotes posted, his "clarification" and his apology in this thread. I don't need to watch an entire first take episode when the real issue is shown in the clip. If that clip was taken out of context, he would've clarified that initially. It wasn't. He said what he said.

Not sure why you're throwing a cape on for SAS of all people. This is the guy that put blame on Trayvon for wearing a hoodie and trying to "look cool". Agreed with Cuban that black guys in hoodies should be feared. THIS GUY and wife beaters are who you choose to defend?

funny ... I never heard woman putting hand on men but I did hear provoking. For me provoking mean a variety of things that none equate to hitting.

Why are you guys wrapped around provoking mean hitting vices what actually mean? You are reaching my friend.

@mgrand15
and @heLiumcLinton
, did either of you dudes watch or listen to ESPN First Take from Friday 7/25, particularly the Ray Rice segment in it's entirety??

:lol: yes I did and I'm very aware of how many times SAS said he doesn't justify a man hitting a woman and how many times he said people should keep their hands to themselves. Why is it so hard to understand that the problem wasn't him saying that but him using triggering language while discussing domestic violence? Why is it so hard to understand that he didn't know he was using triggering language and that's why he apologized? He didn't apologize for saying women should keep their hands to themselves.

We've been talking about the clip posted, the quotes posted, his "clarification" and his apology in this thread. I don't need to watch an entire first take episode when the real issue is shown in the clip. If that clip was taken out of context, he would've clarified that initially. It wasn't. He said what he said.

Not sure why you're throwing a cape on for SAS of all people. This is the guy that put blame on Trayvon for wearing a hoodie and trying to "look cool". Agreed with Cuban that black guys in hoodies should be feared. THIS GUY and wife beaters are who you choose to defend?
if u hear the clip he was talking all kind of wreckless. Talking about doing things to people that touched a woman in his family then later he retracts by saying calling the cops because he can't do what he feels like doing ... Lol ... A true advocate for violence but no one see anything wrong. Yet he is apologizing ... I wonder why these cat here thinking we wrong when SAS saying sorry.

Why is it so hard to understand that even though it shouldn't happen woman can put themselves in a position to be hit?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom