Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

I'm disappointed that no one else on the network addressed it today.

Not on tv, nor any of the espn podcasts..

There should of been an objective discussion about the whole incident from a 3rd party somewhere. But instead, they left Stephen A. out alone to dry.

No one came to his defense.
Now Beadle feels entitled to so the same **** again next time she doesn't like something. Her lashing out immaturely became validated and unfortunately that just gives her the green light to continue the unnecessary instigation whenever she feels like it.

It's this extra average white woman's fault dude spoke on a topic he's uneducated on lol
Fixed. 

Phony outrage from an entitled little princess.
eyes.gif
I don't agree with her, but she was apparently raped so while she has an agend I can't say her outrage is phony
Yes her outrage is phony, rape had nothing to do with the Ray Rice situation or what SAS was talking about, nothing at all.  Rape and domestic violence are two totally different things. 

Last edited:
It's this extra average white woman's fault dude spoke on a topic he's uneducated on lol

Fixed. 

Phony outrage from an entitled little princess. :rolleyes
I don't agree with her, but she was apparently raped so while she has an agend I can't say her outrage is phony

Yes her outrage is phony, rape had nothing to do with the Ray Rice situation or what SAS was talking about, nothing at all.  Rape and domestic violence are two totally different things. 
She was a victim of that too( domestic violence). Now I'm defending her sigh.

Last edited:
Blake let it go man, it's always about a white person out to get a black person to certain people. Can't just admit Stephen A made a mistake.

I feel sorry that she has experienced those things but what SAS said wasn't incorrect or an "attack the victim" moment. It was an honest look at both sides of an issue.

In this topic, most people's problem with Beadle is the fact she always displays this kind of fly off the handle, how dare you behavior over various issues.

I seen it earlier...I was like wtf is he apologizing for? I seen the segment he has said much worse things just in general

I'm disappointed that no one else on the network addressed it today.

Not on tv, nor any of the espn podcasts..

There should of been an objective discussion about the whole incident from a 3rd party somewhere. But instead, they left Stephen A. out alone to dry.

No one came to his defense.
Now Beadle feels entitled to so the same **** again next time she doesn't like something. Her lashing out immaturely became validated and unfortunately that just gives her the green light to continue the unnecessary instigation whenever she feels like it.

Cowherd addressed it this morning and pretty much took SAS side. Basically was saying you just have to be careful with the choice of words in this social media era. Was surprised he said something, would have thought that ESPN sent a company wide memo to stay away from this all together...

In the future if something like this happens again, First Take will tread lightly if not say away from this all together...

Last edited:
It's the white woman's fault dude spoke on a topic he's uneducated on lol
bro..

This is what I was talking about!

Just going opposite the thread...

You really think he was wrong for saying "don't provoke violence. Let's try and take whatever preventative measures possible."?

Like... Come on, bro... You cannot seriously think that's the wrong thing to say

:nerd:

I feel sorry that she has experienced those things but what SAS said wasn't incorrect or an "attack the victim" moment. It was an honest look at both sides of an issue.

In this topic, most people's problem with Beadle is the fact she always displays this kind of fly off the handle, how dare you behavior over various issues.
Oh I'm not saying he was wrong by any means. He used the word provoke which he realized wasn't the best choice and he clarified on twitter like right after what he meant. But it was too late at that point

And I'm no fan of beadle either. She was feeling herself a little too much when she first left ESPN only to realize that she wasn't all that and can be replaced with a younger blond white chick ( Charissa thompson) in a sec

Fixed. 

Phony outrage from an entitled little princess.
eyes.gif
She was a victim of that too( domestic violence). Now I'm defending her sigh.
Well maybe she should seek professional help from a counselor to help her get over her past issues instead of trying to air out her co-workers.  She's letting issues from her past, effect her in the present day with other matters that are not related, and that's on her. 
Blake let it go man, it's always about a white person out to get a black person to certain people
That's the only way to look at this particular situation. 

She'll probably get some kind of punishment from ESPN. They don't like it when employees call out/feud with other employees publicly. But they aren't going to do it right away because well it just adds fuel to the fire.

They need to publicly reprimand her.
No worries. She'll go on "vacation" for a few days or apologize on twitter to him in a few weeks

ESPN ( Disney) are just gonna let the fire go out or now

Last edited:
That beadle chick the ***** from the show with Max and Marcellus right??? She been weak as hell
Yup.

Blake let it go man, it's always about a white person out to get a black person to certain people. Can't just admit Stephen A made a mistake.

What's his mistake?
Nothing.

Some of these people are just too damn PC. Like Deuce said all he said was one person shouldn't hit another.
Exactly!  I see no problem with what he said.

That beadle chick the ***** from the show with Max and Marcellus right??? She been weak as hell

Yup.

What's his mistake?

Nothing.

Some of these people are just too damn PC. Like Deuce said all he said was one person shouldn't hit another.

Exactly!  I see no problem with what he said.
Just to be clear I have no problem with what he said

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming a mile away

Last edited:
really y'all don't get this? :lol:

it's 2014

When a big domestic violence issue comes up in the culture, and a man starts talking about what the victims should ro shouldn't have done, he's going to be in BIG trouble.

Period.

Get with the program, or next time your gunna find yourself on that summer jam screen. :lol:

Last edited:

What's his mistake?
Being uneducated on the subject of domestic violence and using triggering language

You really think he was wrong for saying "don't provoke violence. Let's try and take whatever preventative measures possible."?

Like... Come on, bro... You cannot seriously think that's the wrong thing to say

:nerd:

Do I personally think he was wrong? No. Did he use the wrong terminology? Yes. I just wish people would step out their POV for once and see it from the POV of who he was addressing. People really can't understand how telling someone who was abused that they provoked what occurred is damaging? Victim blaming 101. There is a huge difference between saying don't put your hands on someone and don't provoke someone. Provoke means so many things, so although I got his point he used the wrong verbiage.

from the article I read he is going to have a show from
@JJs07
can you expand more on the deal with Sirius if you have more information champ??  Will he be leaving First Take or is the Sirius deal just another one of his side things??

It's a side deal. He's no longer on ESPN Radio.

Wonder when the deal kicks in, his co-host said he was off for the next few days. The deal just includes him and not the co-host and will rival his 1 to 3 time frame @ Espn radio.

Back
Top Bottom