Stephen A. Smith Kept it Real!!!

Fool keepin it 100
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JONFARR wrote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'll watch the clip in a little bit, but if you can get past the screaming, he is a very intelligent dude who usually has some great points.

I haven't watched him since this. The guy is an idiot.

Hindsight is 20/20...but he does make good points, other times he looks like a fool and a hater
��

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'll watch the clip in a little bit, but if you can get past the screaming, he is a very intelligent dude who usually has some great points.

I haven't watched him since this. The guy is an idiot.
good find
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Man, Plax made a dumb mistake and broke the law....Let it go though. Screamin A would not have given that monologue had nothing happened.

Its not as if he was shooting AT someone...He's a highly paid athlete who feels he needs to protect himself...(I don't blame him after the Sean Taylor, Joey Porter, Steve Smith and on type incidents)

And there is a time and place for SAS's rant. I don't think on a predominantly white network was the place for that.

All it does is reinforce stereotypes people may have.
Oh the truth must've really, really hurt.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by vctry20

I can't stand dude,....but he is on point with this one
He sure is. And I can't stand Stephen Smith.

Originally Posted by DL2352

Man, Plax made a dumb mistake and broke the law....Let it go though. Screamin A would not have given that monologue had nothing happened.

Its not as if he was shooting AT someone...He's a highly paid athlete who feels he needs to protect himself...(I don't blame him after the Sean Taylor, Joey Porter, Steve Smith and on type incidents)

And there is a time and place for SAS's rant. I don't think on a predominantly white network was the place for that.

If Plax felt threatened and needed security... he should have hired security. He's got enough money where he doesn't have to carry an illegal firearm.

I don't get the "predominantly white network" comment either. This country is 80% white. Where else do people go for sports other than ESPN?
Amen, I'm so sick of this well so and so network is "predominatly white network" garbage. You sir have hit the spot correctly.

JR5

outacontrol music wrote:

QFT IMO...

There's white athletes getting in trouble all the time and it gets swept under the rug. The media may make a big deal about it for a week or so then itdisappears. When it's a black athlete, they act like the world is gonna end. U have MLB pitchers beating their wives, getting stopped for DUI's. U gotthat one white guy for the Dolphins (I forgot his name but Joey Porter was talking about it too) who got caught with cocaine and he didn't even getsuspended! U got Kerry Collins getting DUI's and going on racist rants. Plus I'm not even gonna start on John Rocker...

Double Standards FTL...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

outacontrol music wrote:

QFT IMO...

There's white athletes getting in trouble all the time and it gets swept under the rug. The media may make a big deal about it for a week or so then it disappears. When it's a black athlete, they act like the world is gonna end. U have MLB pitchers beating their wives, getting stopped for DUI's. U got that one white guy for the Dolphins (I forgot his name but Joey Porter was talking about it too) who got caught with cocaine and he didn't even get suspended! U got Kerry Collins getting DUI's and going on racist rants. Plus I'm not even gonna start on John Rocker...

Double Standards FTL...
smh.gif

You're talking about Matt Jones. What are those Kerry Collins rants about though? I don't believe I heard those.

^^ It happened years ago when he said the N word just look it up if you care to find out. I don't know why cats on NT (hell in general) sometimes don'tspend the minute or two it takes to find small stuff out.

I wanna know when ESPN became a "white network"

You know this post reminded me of the Matt Jones incident.

Why was he not dragged through the mud in the media and why wasnt he suspended?

You're talking about Matt Jones. What are those Kerry Collins rants about though? I don't believe I heard those.

Battles with alcoholism
Before the 1997 season got underway, Collins' private battle with alcoholism started to make public headlines. Collinsthrew 21 interceptions during the 1997 season and the Panthers finished 7-9, just one season after advancing to the NFC Championship. Collins was placed onwaivers by Carolina during the 1998 season and subsequently signed by the New Orleans Saints. On November 2, 1998 Collins was arrested for drunk driving in Charlotte, North Carolina. Hefinished the 1998 campaign in New Orleans and signed with the New York Giants as a free agent on February19, 1999.
http://[h4][edit] Racism[/h4]
In a highly publicized incident, on the last night of Carolina Panthers training camp in 1997 Collins used the word n**ger in reference to African-American teammate Muhsin Muhammad while in a drunken state at a bar inSpartanburg, SC. Supposedly, Collins also inadvertently slurred offensive lineman Noberto Davidds-Garrido, who is ofhispanic descent. This resulted in Collins being punched in the eye by Davidds-Garrido. Collins has stated that in his intoxicated state he thought the use ofthe racial epithet would help him and his teammates bond. Collins claims he is not a racist, but to no one's surprise he was labeled a racist in the mediafor the event.

Why was he not dragged through the mud in the media and why wasnt he suspended?
To be honest I think dude wasn't suspeneded or the case talked about like that cause nobody cares about dude. If it was newsworthy and dudescould get on their moral high horse believe they would. Thats how it is in America it seems when it comes to public officials. Like I said in the Matt Jonesthread you are going to have a problem when its perceived that you treat one person different than another regardless but esp if they are of different races(esp black/white)

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

SA is that dude i cant believe all the hate in this thread......
I understand if you like him and all, but you can't act like you didn't know this many people disliked him.

Dude has valid points most of the time, but dude acts like what he says is the word of the lord or something which is why I can't watch him for more thanthose 2 or 3 minute spans ESPN give him

Im just baffled that Plax is suspended for the season and Matt Jones got a slap on the wrist and is still playing without sitting out a game yet.

Both broke the law. One was an accident, the other was intentional abuse. Both were dumb

But two different standards and coverage.

Society is laughable

^Carrying an illegal gun is no accident. It's 3.5 -15 years in New York. And he's had numerous fines this year as well a suspensions, I thinksuspending him 4 games is not too much to handle. His and Matt jones case are completely different.

Im just baffled that Plax is suspended for the season and Matt Jones got a slap on the wrist and is still playing without sitting out a game yet.

Both broke the law. One was an accident, the other was intentional abuse. Both were dumb

Society is laughable

Matt Jones - highly overrated/underachieving, small market, losing team, offseason.

Plaxico - NYC, Superbowl Giants, during the thick of season.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

^Carrying an illegal gun is no accident. It's 3.5 -15 years in New York. And he's had numerous fines this year as well a suspensions, I think suspending him 4 games is not too much to handle. His and Matt jones case are completely different.

I understand he broke the law. And the punishment will be just

I'm just saying from a media coverage point of view it is OD...

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Society is laughable

Matt Jones - highly overrated/underachieving, small market, losing team, offseason.

Yeah, but the issue is black dudes carrying guns. There really isn't many issues with White dudes doing Cocaine, or at least getting caught with it..

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Society is laughable

It shouldn't matter if u are the 2nd string center of the winless Detroit Lions. Everyone should be punished thesame. Jimmy Smith got a DUI and got caught with trees and he got suspended but Matt Jones didn't. Crazy...

I'm not saying Plax didn't deserve his punishment because he did but don't make it seem like it's a "black athlete" problem. It'sjust an athlete problem. Like Outacontrol Music said, he's just reiterating the stereotypes that people already have of young black males. Especially whenit's coming out the mouth of another (only one) black guy which means other people take it like we all think that way which isn't so...

Bottom line is the media, NFL, and the NBA look at black athletes under a microscope but give the white players a passor a slap on the wrist. I mean u actually had a columnist describe the NBA as a "prison" now because of the black players getting tatts. Everyoneknows those new player personal conduct policies and dress codes are aimed at young black males. Even Charles Barkley said so. It's just notfair....
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom