Stephen A. Smith Kept it Real!!!

Oh boy, the ol' unequal treatment excuse thing again. It's this simple - DON"T GET INTO ANY TROUBLE and you won't get looked at in astereotypical way. Some people just don't get it.

It's this simple - DON"T GET INTO ANY TROUBLE and you won't get looked at in a stereotypical way.
I wish everybody thought like you cause unfortunately its not that easy.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'll watch the clip in a little bit, but if you can get past the screaming, he is a very intelligent dude who usually has some great points.

I haven't watched him since this. The guy is an idiot.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

It's this simple - DON"T GET INTO ANY TROUBLE and you won't get looked at in a stereotypical way.
I wish everybody thought like you cause unfortunately its not that easy.

so if it's not that easy, how come everyone else not named Plax, Larry Johnson, Pacman, Vick, etc...can do it?

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

dyyhard wrote:

outacontrol music wrote:

Im just baffled that Plax is suspended for the season and Matt Jones got a slap on the wrist and is still playing without sitting out a game yet.

Both broke the law. One was an accident, the other was intentional abuse. Both were dumb

But two different standards and coverage.

Society is laughable

Matt Jones - highly overrated/underachieving, small market, losing team, offseason.

Plaxico - NYC, Superbowl Giants, during the thick of season.

It shouldn't matter if u are the 2nd string center of the winless Detroit Lions. Everyone should be punished the same. Jimmy Smith got a DUI and got caught with trees and he got suspended but Matt Jones didn't. Crazy...

I'm not saying Plax didn't deserve his punishment because he did but don't make it seem like it's a "black athlete" problem. It's just an athlete problem. Like Outacontrol Music said, he's just reiterating the stereotypes that people already have of young black males. Especially when it's coming out the mouth of another (only one) black guy which means other people take it like we all think that way which isn't so...

Bottom line is the media, NFL, and the NBA look at black athletes under a microscope but give the white players a pass or a slap on the wrist. I mean u actually had a columnist describe the NBA as a "prison" now because of the black players getting tatts. Everyone knows those new player personal conduct policies and dress codes are aimed at young black males. Even Charles Barkley said so. It's just not fair....
smh.gif

was referring to the coverage by media, not policy/handouts for punishment.

and I haven't been following matt jones, but I thought he was suspended a few games, but appealed - not sure where that is now.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Oh boy, the ol' unequal treatment excuse thing again. It's this simple - BLACK ATHLETES DON"T GET INTO ANY TROUBLE and you won't get looked at in a stereotypical way. IF U ARE A WHITE ATHLETE, DO WHATEVER U WANT. Some people just don't get it.

Fixed

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Im just baffled that Plax is suspended for the season and Matt Jones got a slap on the wrist and is still playing without sitting out a game yet.

Both broke the law. One was an accident, the other was intentional abuse. Both were dumb

But two different standards and coverage.

Society is laughable

Matt Jones - highly overrated/underachieving, small market, losing team, offseason.

Plaxico - NYC, Superbowl Giants, during the thick of season.

It shouldn't matter if u are the 2nd string center of the winless Detroit Lions. Everyone should be punished the same. Jimmy Smith got a DUI and got caught with trees and he got suspended but Matt Jones didn't. Crazy...

I'm not saying Plax didn't deserve his punishment because he did but don't make it seem like it's a "black athlete" problem. It's just an athlete problem. Like Outacontrol Music said, he's just reiterating the stereotypes that people already have of young black males. Especially when it's coming out the mouth of another (only one) black guy which means other people take it like we all think that way which isn't so...

Bottom line is the media, NFL, and the NBA look at black athletes under a microscope but give the white players a pass or a slap on the wrist. I mean u actually had a columnist describe the NBA as a "prison" now because of the black players getting tatts. Everyone knows those new player personal conduct policies and dress codes are aimed at young black males. Even Charles Barkley said so. It's just not fair....
smh.gif

The Nba Dress code was aimed at black athletes. People pay thousands of dollars for their tickets, 90% of them white. They don't want to see this playerslooking like "thugs" or "drug dealers" coming to the game, they dont wanna invest their money in "thugs" playin basketball.I'm not saying I care about it one bit, I'm just saying that's the issue. And really, what's so bad about wearing a shirt tie or looking niceto a game where you are making millions playing?

I'm just saying from a media coverage point of view it is OD...

1. Matt Jones isn't relevant to anyone outside of FF.
2.Plax plays in New York
3. He is a star WR.
4. It involved a shooting.
5. He shot himself.

I am not saying it's right. But it is warranted. You really think ESPN will report the incidents equally?

And Steven A. Smith speaks the truth.

Don't say that double standard *$%+ either.
smh.gif

I don't know whats worse. The fact that these leagues blatantly have double standards or the fact some of u aredefending it...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I'm just saying from a media coverage point of view it is OD...

1. Matt Jones isn't relevant to anyone outside of FF.
2.Plax plays in New York
3. He is a star WR.
4. It involved a shooting.
5. He shot himself.

I am not saying it's right. But it is warranted. You really think ESPN will report the incidents equally?

And Steven A. Smith speaks the truth.

Don't say that double standard *$%+ either.
smh.gif

QFT. There's no comparison. People should be able to see that some of these dudes are clearly messin up.

I'll watch the clip in a little bit, but if you can get past the screaming, he is a very intelligent dude who usually has some great points.

lmao, I like Steven. But that is hilarious. Sure, towards the end killed it.

Another one of those 'anything negative a black person does is bad for and reflects negatively on all black people while anything someone white orotherwise does only is bad for that individual' rant? Color me not impressed, that's easy to do. He also linked actual crimes with things that at worseare just undesirable which seems a bit disingenuous, since you can do that with any group of people if you really wanted to.

Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Oh boy, the ol' unequal treatment excuse thing again. It's this simple - DON"T GET INTO ANY TROUBLE and you won't get looked at in a stereotypical way. Some people just don't get it.

Fixed

I don't know about his NBA knowledge but he makes a good point concerning football athletes especially with the media coverage these athletes get.

outacontrol music:
Man, Plax made a dumb mistake and broke the law....Let it go though. Screamin A would not have given that monologue had nothing happened.

Its not as if he was shooting AT someone...He's a highly paid athlete who feels he needs to protect himself...(I don't blame him after the Sean Taylor, Joey Porter, Steve Smith and on type incidents)
It's not that he shot someone; it's that he had a semiautomatic weapon; that's illegal without proper permissions.
outacontrol music:
And there is a time and place for SAS's rant. I don't think on a predominantly white network was the place for that.

All it does is reinforce stereotypes people may have.
I'm going to have to agree with this.

And someone fill me in on what Matt Jones did, since he's being tossed around for comparison's sake.

SoleOnEyez wrote:

lmao, I like Steven. But that is hilarious. Sure, towards the end killed it.

this is a clown/fool..
��

daym i love this man. he's loud and speaks with much conviction.. and appears arrogant...

but cot daym is it entertaining. lol.

Back
Top Bottom