Stephen Curry’s “middle-aged dad sneakers” are being mercilessly mocked by the internet

whose mens are these?

i guarantee yall dont have a pair of these.
i have the very 1st og's and been wearing them everyday for work. over 200 times and the sole is still good...and they have improved the sole. if you're a serious runner then i understand. 
and i don't wear my racers anymore. 

Do you wear them to actually run? I'm hitting 3-4miles a day and within a month they were done. Ain't no lounging for me

"Don't have them" :lol:

Last edited:
depending what tier...those 64.99-80 dollar nike kicks they sell in VIM & Modells are horrendous.

nike-kd-8-elite-white.png

Stop

But whatever. Some of you guys also want those 600 dollar sketchers so agree to disagree

These are what I'd give my CAW on WWE2K

Last edited:

Low top basketball sneakers fully defeats the purpose of playing basketball. You just gonna leave your ankles up to chance? Why would curry ever wear those with his fragile ankles?
As a man who religiously swears by the Kobe 4's, I highly disagree

Low top basketball sneakers fully defeats the purpose of playing basketball. You just gonna leave your ankles up to chance? Why would curry ever wear those with his fragile ankles?
Depends on how you play and how much weight your ankles can handle. I personally only play in lows and I play point.

I can't do low tops man, and my ankles are strong I just don't feel secure in them. :lol:   

It's the same way with football, I never felt comfortable playing in those low cornerback/ sprinter looking cleats. I need something that at least goes above the malleoli. But I understand corners needing to have as small and light a shoe as possible, but I played safety so I didn't really need to cut as much as they do. 

Either way, steph is the last person that needs to be wearing lows. :smh:
Yup, point and DB here.

Curry does need mids though.

I never been a fan of lows. I prefer high or mid over pretty much everything. Kobe started going lows because how involved he got in soccer overseas and all the players there wear cleats and cut just fine with no issues.

Only Nike Kobe's I've ever owned were 2K4s, 9 high and 10 high.

Nike still got a lot of nice shoes out today and I rarely buy Nike's now because of the crazy price increases they've been getting away with the last few years. They still got plenty of heat though.

High top shoes have zero to do with ankle support.

yea i don't get the low top hoop thing.

like if you step on someones foot with a hightop laced up tight...i cant explain it well but the shoe kind of rolls with your foot so its tighter.

with a low top RIP.

maybe theres something i don't know. but I've sprained my ankle more than once and i don't take that chance.

Y'all gotta just try some Kobe's on the court, my ankles feel great in them. I play soccer too, so I'm used to running and jumping in low too clears as well

Ive rolled my ankles from 10 to 15 times over the years (half the time i was just walking) and the thought of hooping in lows just makes me anxious as hell.

I've learned that based on your foot shape and the amount of space you have in the toe box matter a great deal too. I've been hooping in a pair of KD3's since I got em for the low and though it's not a high top, more of a quarter to low, I have no problems in them because they're made to fit my narrow foot.

Too much room in the toe box can have your foot go one way and sneaker go the other way. Learned that hoopin in the XVIII's :smh:

I've learned that based on your foot shape and the amount of space you have in the toe box matter a great deal too. I've been hooping in a pair of KD3's since I got em for the low and though it's not a high top, more of a quarter to low, I have no problems in them because they're made to fit my narrow foot.

Too much room in the toe box can have your foot go one way and sneaker go the other way. Learned that hoopin in the XVIII's :smh:
This. This is the most important factor when playing ball. I've been hooping in low tops since 09 and had 0 issues. Tried hooping in my kobe in high and couldn't do it, had to switch to the 8.

Too much room in the toe box can have your foot go one way and sneaker go the other way. Learned that hoopin in the XVIII's
mean.gif
Yup. Found comfort and support in the 2012 Nike Hyperdunks and haven't turned back.

Love how they fit and how it feels secure up to my ankles.

Back
Top Bottom