Steve Jobs Died...

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

That quote NikeAirForce posted from Jobs himself is a culmination of the issues that are plaguing the world now.  Those lines were poignant.
Yep.
RIP

Jobs & Gates pic is
pimp.gif

RIP

Not a big supporter of Apple. Steve Jobs is without the doubt well respected. His legacy will forever continue. He was a pioneer in the Silicon Valley. He will dearly be missed.

That quote about death and living your life on your own terms is the realest quote I've ever read.

Steve Jobs was a true visionary and innovator.

My first introduction to Apple was when I was in elementary school. I must have been 7 or 8 years old. My uncle was a computer programmer and I remember him storing a ton of computers and floppy discs at my grandparents place. One of those computers was an old Apple. Even back then Apple believed in keeping everything in one box. There was no separate monitor and desktop. I remember spending hours killing monsters in a dungeon on that thing.

My first Apple product was an iPod mini. It was green and it had 4gb of memory. It had a black-and-white display and, along with it’s big brother the iPod, was the first generation of mp3 players with a click wheel. I was a freshman in high school and I think the second person in my group of friends with an iPod. The mini, small at the time, was a tank and kept me entertained all through high school.

I remember playing around with the iMac’s in the Art classroom during high school. Those computers seemed so bizarre at the time. One-button mouse. The ‘close window’ button on the left side. The colorful spinning wheel that let you know your computer decided to stop working. It was madness. It was also my first exposure to graphic design and typography; subjects I hold incredibly close to me even now.

Reflecting on this day, it’s amazing how much Apple and Steve Jobs has influenced my life and the world. I use my Macbook Pro everyday. I’m on my iPhone every couple minutes. And all that time I look damn good doing it on these shiny metal and glass contraptions. It’s sad that the man has passed but his legacy will live on. He’s created an unmistakable design aesthetic and we will continue to see touches of Steve for decades to come.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

here we go... gunna gas this man up all week like he invented the telephone...

what would the world be like w/o 2000 dollar laptops and iphones... thk jeebus for jobs

*shrugs*
The man invented one of the first successful personal computers and introduced something call the mouse over 30 years ago..Go sit somewhere..

RIP..A black long sleeved turtle neck shall be proudly worn by me for the remainder of the week to honor him.

I remember being a kid in middle school and wanting one of the candy colored iMacs. I had used Macs since I was 8 or 9 and wanted my own. I begged and pleaded but never got one. When I finally bought my first Mac years later, it was as satisfying and educating as I envisioned. Glad to have worked for Apple, glad to have always been a Mac guy. Thanks Steve.

Back
Top Bottom