Steve Nash crying Vol. True grit

Mad respect and crying is okay. He went through a crazy season. Broken nose, busted eye, lost trust in management, team almost threw in towel early, the Amare situation, an emotional post-season, being two games short of the finals. 
And to everyone who thinks he will never get a better chance, if Steve wanted he can request a trade and more than likely the team will grant it. They owe him that much, especially Steve Kerr. Nash got him off the hook by saving their sinking ship and he signed an extension out of loyalty and respect for the franchise. 

A great season for the NBA's most interesting man. 

..gotta respect Steve Nash...the guy is a phenomenal player that literally runs the court...

He's getting up there in age but I do appreciate his work ethic and he makes players around him better...hope he gets a ring before he retires but something tells me in Phoenix he won't..
frown.gif

What is it going to take for him to ever win it all, much less make it to the Finals? He's had a better supporting cast over the years than most NBA franchise players who fall short. Nash has been through like 4 different cores with the Suns and they've always had talent but have never made it all the way. I don't think he's going to win anything in Phoenix unless LeBron James joins him there.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Respect. It's messed up that he'll probably never he get a ring. He's already up there in age.
What are you talking about? Nash is gonna be even better next season

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Not to beat the horse...

But could you imagine Lebron and Nash with D'Antoni in NY?

Was possible.. but he signed his contract..
ohwell.gif
I was playing 2k10 earlier running a pick up game and I put Nash and Lebron on the same team for CPU and I thought to myself, that would be fun to watch. Even though I don't like Lebron.

Nashty is a cool dude man, I hope he gets one before he hangs it up. Been on his shoes for quite some time now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by f3DJam

i like nash, but not cause he cried after he lost.

that stuff is wack man, you can care about losing but not crying. crying doesnt prove anything or shows "you wanted it more"

hope nash still gets his ring someday,even though it might be through the payton route.respect.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Honestly thought the thread would be different when I read the title. Thought it would be people like 'Oh, did you see Steve crying? What a pansy.
laugh.gif
"

But yeah, I respect the guy, and it was tough seeing him break down like that. He knows that thei window of opportunity is closed.

Like someone mentioned, though, maybe if he focused on defense half as much as offense, he wouldn't be 0-3 in conference finals.

QFT.. i mean lets not kid ourselves, gentry could sub nash for a lawn chair on defense and no one would even notice. And just think whene his offense declines, he is basically gonna be worthless and no one will want him on there team. Extending the contract was the worse career decision. He in a sense blew his chance of ever getting a chip.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Respect. It's messed up that he'll probably never he get a ring. He's already up there in age.
What makes you think he's gonna be better at 37 than he was at 36
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

What makes you think he's gonna be better at 37 than he was at 36
grin.gif

His whole game is finesse, quickness, and vision. All these things decline as you get up in age. Realistically he has about two or three more yrs then its a rap.

For those who have said he shouldn't have signed the extenstion.

Maybe he doesn't feel content with himself if he jumps from team to team looking for a championship just to get one.
Maybe he's more into working hard and improving as a team.

Just sayin

Wouldnt you feel cheap, if you go to a team, lose, go to another team, lose, go to another team and then win a championship. Just fishing around the league for a good team to eventually win a championship.

I feel like it wouldnt be worth as much.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

For those who have said he shouldn't have signed the extenstion.

Maybe he doesn't feel content with himself if he jumps from team to team looking for a championship just to get one.
Maybe he's more into working hard and improving as a team.

Just sayin

Wouldnt you feel cheap, if you go to a team, lose, go to another team, lose, go to another team and then win a championship. Just fishing around the league for a good team to eventually win a championship.

I feel like it wouldnt be worth as much.
To an extent. I know in pickup games after losing to a team, if they lose a player and ask me to jump on with them I be like, "Nah, I'm good," especially if it was highly contested with lots of cheating, bad calls, fouls, etc.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

i respect the guy, he's a hell of a player. but i don't feel sorry for the guy, he's not special. he's not the first and won't be the last guy to come up short. heck of a player though. if he played defense like he plays offense he would have gotten there.
biggest load of bull I've heard all day...they still wouldn't have made it...got beat by a better team...go tell John Stockton that

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

i respect the guy, he's a hell of a player. but i don't feel sorry for the guy, he's not special. he's not the first and won't be the last guy to come up short. heck of a player though. if he played defense like he plays offense he would have gotten there.
biggest load of bull I've heard all day...they still wouldn't have made it...got beat by a better team...go tell John Stockton that
That doesn't make sense.

So Ben Wallace wouldn't have made the Pistons better if he had ANY lick of an offensive game?

Of COURSE the Suns would be better if Nash was a better defender.

Steve Nash's defense did not cost him a trip to the finals. It was Kobe and the Sun's bigs playing like soft pansies......

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

That doesn't make sense.

So Ben Wallace wouldn't have made the Pistons better if he had ANY lick of an offensive game?

what? did you read what he wrote? he said THE SUNS WOULD HAVE WON if Nash played defense as well as he played offense...they would be marginally better but they would have still lost...one man's improved defense doesn't change a series

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

That doesn't make sense.

what? did you read what he wrote? he said THE SUNS WOULD HAVE WON if Nash played defense as well as he played offense...they would be marginally better but they would have still lost...one man's improved defense doesn't change a series

Why are we talking about Nash's defense? who did he check in the playoffs that could win a game?

Love Steve Nash, respect him as a player, love the Suns.

I wanted (want) them to get a ring sooooo bad.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Steve Nash = 2 MVP's, Kobe = 1 MVP

And whats your point? MVP's dont win championships. Btw Kobe=4 Rings, 7 Finals appearances, Steve Nash=0 rings, 0 finals appearances

Back
Top Bottom