STEVE NASH IS LEAVING NIKE... For Chinese brand, Luyou

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Originally Posted by bundy9

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Dude has like 2 years left in his career. This hurts Nike in no way. Sucks, but it's all good.

This.

These Chinese companies are picking up guys that mean nothing to selling sneakers. They are at the end of their career. Lose Nash, push Blake Griffin. Win for NIKE.

Yep. I hated when Kidd left, but at that point in his career his impact with e brand had already been made. Just doing what's good for him. He's still a Nike guy in my book.
Yup, I'm with you here Crazy EBW...it will be hard to view guys like Nash, Kidd and Andre Agassi as anything other than Nike guys...These decisions can only be viewed as end of the road bank account stuffers...really unfortunate and sad though to see him leave the swoosh
frown.gif
...But really now, not even Li-Ning...but Luyou!??? Wonder how much money they offered him, cuz you gotta wonder for a possibly fledgling company, is it really worth it to splash out a great amount of cash on a dude near retiring??? I guess market visibility is worth it...
Why is it hard to view them in other brands?  Why is it unfortunate and sad to see him leave Nike?

I don't understand the reasoning here.  He's still going to play basketball, and Nike is still going to make good (and bad) shoes.
It's not that it's hard to see them in a different brand, cuz with a business decision to be made and the many benefits they can achieve... the decsion is rather easy. The "difficulty" is seeing considering as they have built their names and careers with a particular brand (Nike or otherwise for that matter) and to see them move away from that in the twighlight of their careers....You're absolutely right though, as with or without them, Nike or other brands will continue to make good/bad shoes and continue without them, but once you've grown accustomed to seeing them in one light it's a bit tough to see them under another (in this case- a lesser known) spot-shadow...that's all really...a bit of bias but understanding the situation/circumstances at the same time....

Originally Posted by nimhet

Nash's shoes with Nike were lame anyways. Let's hope he gets something decent looking and not something that looks like Payless shoes

Disagree.

His shoes were some of the best looking and best performance shoes I've ever played in.

Jet Flight
Zoom Drive
BB Low, BB Low II
Zoom MVP

I could think of a lot more lame shoes than those.
For real. Zoom MVPs are in my top 5 and Zoom BBs are probably the best basketball shoes I've ever had period.

Originally Posted by nimhet

Nash's shoes with Nike were lame anyways. Let's hope he gets something decent looking and not something that looks like Payless shoes

Disagree.

His shoes were some of the best looking and best performance shoes I've ever played in.

Jet Flight
Zoom Drive
BB Low, BB Low II
Zoom MVP

I could think of a lot more lame shoes than those.
For real. Zoom MVPs are in my top 5 and Zoom BBs are probably the best basketball shoes I've ever had period.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Can care less what he wears.
Good player.
Marketable? Not really.

How come Nike never markets white guys

Tom Brady.....no
Dirk........no
Nash.....no
Tebow......not really

laugh.gif
seriously tho... But I dont think that little urban city kid/folk wants to grow up and be/play like Nash.... Or grow out his chest hair like Nash. Or grow out their hair like Nowitzki (yes, not white, but you get my drift)

everyone wants to dunk like Lebron

well i have chest hair like nash and i would love to grow my hair like nowitzki lol. being that im salvadorian i couldnt do my hair like lebron!!! lol
o and i didnt even know Brady was with nike, thats a major fail nike wont promote one of the greatest QB's in history but they promote the dog killing one weak sauce.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Can care less what he wears.
Good player.
Marketable? Not really.

How come Nike never markets white guys

Tom Brady.....no
Dirk........no
Nash.....no
Tebow......not really

laugh.gif
seriously tho... But I dont think that little urban city kid/folk wants to grow up and be/play like Nash.... Or grow out his chest hair like Nash. Or grow out their hair like Nowitzki (yes, not white, but you get my drift)

everyone wants to dunk like Lebron

well i have chest hair like nash and i would love to grow my hair like nowitzki lol. being that im salvadorian i couldnt do my hair like lebron!!! lol
o and i didnt even know Brady was with nike, thats a major fail nike wont promote one of the greatest QB's in history but they promote the dog killing one weak sauce.

Good reply bundy, well said. Kind of like seeing them play with one team for a long time, then leaving for whatever reason to play for a different one.

And about the Brady thing, it seems like Nike promotes RB's and WR's more than QB's, maybe because those position players are more mobile and active, creating greater potential for highlight reel type action. Thinking about highly promoted QB's, Mike Vick comes to mind, and he's definitely a highlight reel type of guy.

Good reply bundy, well said. Kind of like seeing them play with one team for a long time, then leaving for whatever reason to play for a different one.

And about the Brady thing, it seems like Nike promotes RB's and WR's more than QB's, maybe because those position players are more mobile and active, creating greater potential for highlight reel type action. Thinking about highly promoted QB's, Mike Vick comes to mind, and he's definitely a highlight reel type of guy.

when do you ever see nash rockin heat anyway? cradle rocks barely sold anywhere and he wore those for a good minute. best pe was the bb's series
as stated no one is gonna be affected by the move, hes this deep in his carreer and still hasnt gotten much from nike

when do you ever see nash rockin heat anyway? cradle rocks barely sold anywhere and he wore those for a good minute. best pe was the bb's series
as stated no one is gonna be affected by the move, hes this deep in his carreer and still hasnt gotten much from nike

And the reason Nash isn't wearing this brands shoes right now is because... they dont make basketball shoes yet (from what im told). I have seen both his PE Hyperfuse lows and I love em both although I hear Nash isn't a big fan. From what I hear Nike has agreed to continue to send him shoes and he has agreed to keep wearing them for the time being. I'll try to find out exactly what prompted the move.

And the reason Nash isn't wearing this brands shoes right now is because... they dont make basketball shoes yet (from what im told). I have seen both his PE Hyperfuse lows and I love em both although I hear Nash isn't a big fan. From what I hear Nike has agreed to continue to send him shoes and he has agreed to keep wearing them for the time being. I'll try to find out exactly what prompted the move.

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

Originally Posted by TheRealPepman

Lu Who?

Why in the world are the Chinese brands dominating the league? Do they really think that they're smart enough to dominate the US economy?
The target market isn't America.

A Chinese brand signing Steve Nash helps with credibility and brand awareness in China, where 300 Million people play basketball.

The US landscape is dominated by one brand, and the next frontier of the basketball industry is certainly in China.

Exactly. And with China gobbling up anything NBA related, they are trying to grab a portion of that market.

Having a player wear a brand's shoe during an NBA game can sometimes say more than a marketing campaign.

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

Originally Posted by TheRealPepman

Lu Who?

Why in the world are the Chinese brands dominating the league? Do they really think that they're smart enough to dominate the US economy?
The target market isn't America.

A Chinese brand signing Steve Nash helps with credibility and brand awareness in China, where 300 Million people play basketball.

The US landscape is dominated by one brand, and the next frontier of the basketball industry is certainly in China.

Exactly. And with China gobbling up anything NBA related, they are trying to grab a portion of that market.

Having a player wear a brand's shoe during an NBA game can sometimes say more than a marketing campaign.

Originally Posted by upandcoming

That's kind of the point though.  His shoes generally retailed for around $90 and things didn't get too crazy with special colorways and releases, like Kwanzaa editions or "An obscure high school you've never heard of before until they started getting my shoes" colorway.

I liked that his shoes aren't really at that Kobe/Lebron status, although his shoes are still highly sought after.

The Cradle rocks looked terrible, but I liked the BB lows too.  Excellent performance shoes.  His Zoom Drive PE's are right up there as my favorites too.

Originally Posted by upandcoming

That's kind of the point though.  His shoes generally retailed for around $90 and things didn't get too crazy with special colorways and releases, like Kwanzaa editions or "An obscure high school you've never heard of before until they started getting my shoes" colorway.

I liked that his shoes aren't really at that Kobe/Lebron status, although his shoes are still highly sought after.

The Cradle rocks looked terrible, but I liked the BB lows too.  Excellent performance shoes.  His Zoom Drive PE's are right up there as my favorites too.

wow...
first time heard of this brand... too amazing

another J-Kidd-like case... ok...

wow...
first time heard of this brand... too amazing

another J-Kidd-like case... ok...

Back
Top Bottom