STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Eazy got Dre out of jail for parking tickets not being a G as shown in the film.

California Love was not made for Pac.

Dre did not meet Snoop in the studio.

Just way to many little things like this that made a hip hop historian like myself not really able to enjoy the film.

If you believed the whole Eazy got Dre outta jail from doing G thangs in the 1st place you are very gullible. I knew it had to be parking tickets or some small crime and I didnt even know that story. Its hollywood thats expected

California Love was for Dre single for his follow up album to the The Chronic it just so happened Pac came on board and needed records for his Death Row debut... cut to the scene in movie Dre walks in and hands the engineer a CD and buzzes in to Pac and says "hey I got something for you"

In the movie Snoop was 1st shown in the studio but from the dialog you can tell thats when Death Row and Suge 1st met Snoop because Dre says "Suge he is good! He is with me! this is my guy I was telling you about".... obviously him and Dre met prior if you pay attention to the dialog. Im curios to see if there is a Snoop meet Dre scene in the directors cut

did some of yall even listen to the movie? the dialog explains a lot of question and concerns yall have

i suggest yall watch Ice Cube and F Gary Gray interview on the Breakfast Club they explained why most of this stuff is chopped and you might miss little things here and there

I thought they really tried to hard to make Suge the villan in the movie. Also thought the Pac and Snoop stuff was absolutly awful. The timelines for both of those charecters were so off as well. I love how they make it seem as if Snoop just freestyled the entire Nuthin But a G Thing verse and when he met Dre Deep Cover just happened to be playing.

Someone brings Eazy-E a Bone Thugs demo while he is on his deathbed? They do realize he was in videos with them right?

The two awkward scenes when Dre meets the girl with a kid and then we never hear anything more about it the rest of the film also seemed strange.

If you are young and know nothing about N.W.A. it could be a good watch. I'm just not sure the story was worthy of a movie. I would rahter see a Death Row movie.
Yella didn't say it was a demo he was just excited about the "new Bone tape". Did you miss the part in the movie where Eazy went to the club to reconcile with Cube and had Bone with him?

Ya'll digging deep :smh: Ya'll do realize this time period was almost 30 years ago right? Details from last week are sketchy for me lol. While I'm sure plenty of details were left out or weren't perfectly accurate, the movie was well done and I think the younger generation who weren't around for it all are getting a really good look into that time period.

- Preciate it.

Dre never even made a beat for Pac so how did they click?

Suge had Dre's hand in everything that came through Death Rows doors musically at that time before Pac became this Suge toy to plot against everyone in Death Row kinda how Jerry did Eazy with NWA

you dont have to make a beat or mix some tracks to be involved with a album to click with someone on a music level

I click with a lot of people musically and can just sit for hours and talk about nothing but music which Pac and Dre are both known music heads and studio rats so its not hard to believe they clicked musically

Folks gotta understand that they couldnt tell the ENTIRE story in 2 hours. I loved the movie but all that went on with them through all this time, a TV series would have been absolutely amazing to see.

I wish they wouldve put "Real MF G`z" somewhere in the movie. That wasnt mentioned at all...........

Knowing the time constraint, thats my only complaint about the movie.

Last edited:
e4d13c90f8c2aa36393fc272e29f02a6.gif

Indeed

Going to the hood theater 25 deep

Gonna try and sneak in a 40

Last edited:
Eazy got Dre out of jail for parking tickets not being a G as shown in the film.

California Love was not made for Pac.

Dre did not meet Snoop in the studio.

Just way to many little things like this that made a hip hop historian like myself not really able to enjoy the film.

It is what it is. Like i said earlier in the thread hollywood will never make an actual true story because thats not what sells.

You cant go into a movie thinking they gonna tell the truth because the truth will make all of them look bad.

This movie is basically for entertainment purposes, to stroke dre and cube ego, and to make money off the younger generation of music listeners

Watching tnite. My girl who is white said we arent going to a black theater. Sadly i aggreed.
Surprised the whitest theater in the area is playing it. im going in all black.

Wow, she's an idiot and you agreed with her

Hell yeah i agreed with her. i saw friday, bith and menace yo society in at black theaters and i cant see myself going through that now at 34. Hell the studio is paying for extra security at certain theaters.

I was going to go with a bunch of homies but i didnt know my girl wanted go. Even the homies and i were saying we aint going to the black theater we we planned to attend the whitest theater.

Last edited:
Hell yeah i agreed with her. i saw friday, bith and menace yo society in at black theaters and i cant see myself going through that now at 34. Hell the studio is paying for extra security at certain theaters.

This makes no sense at all. Why would a theatre pay for extra security for a rap groups bio pic? Are they anticipating something to happen just because the movie has a majority african american cast?

And what the hell is a black theatre?

Last edited:

This makes no sense at all. Why would a theatre pay for extra security for a rap groups bio pic? Are they anticipating something to happen just because the movie has a majority african american cast?

And what the hell is a black theatre?

i guess you aint old enough to remember when boyz or meance dropped. Maybe you you aint been to the hood. I saw both movies at greenspoint in houston.

magic johson theater is the black theater.

Watching tnite. My girl who is white said we arent going to a black theater. Sadly i aggreed.
Surprised the whitest theater in the area is playing it. im going in all black.

Wow, she's an idiot and you agreed with her

I was going to go with a bunch of homies but i didnt know my girl wanted go. Even the homies and i were saying we aint going to the black theater we we planned to attend the whitest theater.

54Te9.jpg

Black men need to remember that just because a white chick let's you taste the yambs doesn't mean she can't be prejudice/racist

I got peps in the Navy in cali and they are banned from watching it until further notice.

off base that is

Last edited:
You are 31 and remember the era clearly? You were 4 when Straight Outta Compton dropped. ****

:lol: I forgot it HAD to be when Straight outta Compton came out for me to remember that era of music :stoneface: . ALL of my family is from Compton California, I grew up on Dre, Cube and Snoop. I remember clearly the beef between them (Dre/Eazy) with the NWA fallout. I remember the damn Dre Day video and begging my mom to buy me the Chronic album (which she did). I GREW UP in that era boy. The beginning of NWA? Nah, but the ending and fallout, to the clear dominance of West coast music. Yes. So shut up.

Last edited:
You soft fam...

People news, media even the military overreacting. This is why America is the way it's now, scared of everything.

I thought they really tried to hard to make Suge the villan in the movie. Also thought the Pac and Snoop stuff was absolutly awful. The timelines for both of those charecters were so off as well. I love how they make it seem as if Snoop just freestyled the entire Nuthin But a G Thing verse and when he met Dre Deep Cover just happened to be playing.

Someone brings Eazy-E a Bone Thugs demo while he is on his deathbed? They do realize he was in videos with them right?

The two awkward scenes when Dre meets the girl with a kid and then we never hear anything more about it the rest of the film also seemed strange.

If you are young and know nothing about N.W.A. it could be a good watch. I'm just not sure the story was worthy of a movie. I would rahter see a Death Row movie.

1. Timelapse ment to show the INSTANT chemistry with Dre and Snoop. (which is real since Warren G introduced them)

2. Yea that was akward, but ment to re-enforce the idea that Eazy really set up Bone for success (again time constraints)

3. You didn't mention Pac was recording (Hail Mary) in 1993 when that song was actually recorded in 1995. Again Time constraints.

Eazy HATED Dre and Cube!

I think both of them tried to make it look like they made up with him before he passed but most know that is not how it went down.

Negative. He was extremely obessed with "getting back at them" though. In the end, Eazy (after firing Keller) would frequently play Death Row tracks on his LA radio station as well as openly admit for hopes of an N.W.A. reunion

Back
Top Bottom