STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

If you stay for all the ending credit scenes..... yes as the ending credits are rolling it has cut scenes of each NWA members and they accomplishments / brands / artist over the years

if you leave after the initial ending then.... no it initially ends with Dre n Suge
exactly how felt

surprised that they actually got the characters right! minus Snoop! But hey they FINALLY got 2Pac right in movie from the smile to everything also they kept saying how 2pac is in the studio night and day so you really got to see how much work Pac really put in

The DOC had a legit chunk in the movie... loved that

and once I knew Dre was on board as a producer of the movie I knew we was gonna get classic music played all through scenes and honestly that makes a movie special like how Scarface had classic songs playing through scenes

the one thing I hated minus snoop was....

that the movie ended

thanks for ruining it b

I thought the movie was trash. I'm old enough to remember very well when NWA dropped. I would say this movie is for the 14-25 year old range who have not done homework on the real story.

For some reason it really bothered me that in 1986 Eazy was wearing a White Sox hat that did not come out until 1991.

It's crazy how it's all coming to me that NWA has played a big part of my music life.

I first heard of Bone Thugs n Harmony (late 90's). I was too young to hear about Pac, Big, or Eazy E dying. I didn't start hearing about the others, or Snoop, Dre, Ice Cube, until after I heard Bone Thugs. I owe it to Eazy for starting them up. Definitely the reason for my culture, lifestyle, and everything I do.

Will def be catching this movie this weekend. I don't care about what any of these critics gotta say. Any tribute to hip-hop history is dope.

I thought the movie was trash. I'm old enough to remember very well when NWA dropped. I would say this movie is for the 14-25 year old range who have not done homework on the real story.

For some reason it really bothered me that in 1986 Eazy was wearing a White Sox hat that did not come out until 1991.

Don't let the small details bother you. Were you also bothered by the raised embroidery on their hats? For what it's worth, I think this movie was very well done as far as portraying the events that happened. It won't be 100% historically accurate to EVERYONE but because they got Dre and Cube to work on it I'll bet they offered a lot of input on how certain events unfolded. Also F Gary Gray directing is a huge plus.

Last edited:
Don't let the small details bother you. Were you also bothered by the raised embroidery on their hats? F
laugh.gif

I'm 31, I remember the era clearly and although some parts of the movie was dramatized (like EVERY biopic), If you go in to it looking for EVERYTHING to be 100% authentic in a 6 year span over 2 hours you'll be disappointed. Movie was incredibly well directed and very good. Minute details like hats are just silly btw. To that I say, grow up.

If you're looking for accuracy, you have to watch a documentary or biography. This is a film. Films are just "based" on a true story and stretched for entertainment purposes. Plus you got Dre and Cube heavily influencing the picture. I'm sure they're going to try to paint as positive and egotistical of a  depiction of their characters as possible. You won't see Cube getting KO'd with his chain stolen. You won't see Dre wearing eye makeup doing gay ****. This is all about promoting their BS to the people that buy into their farce, and making money. Try to act like "**** the police" was some revolutionary idea in the making. Please... It was just some ghetto brothers who decided to make a funny *** song and didn't imagine it would blow up as it did.

Last edited:
1 its Hollywood

2 its a movie for 2 hours over the span of what 1986 to 1995 smh

not every thing will be spot on

like I said F Gary Gray will release the directors cut which is 3 hours long so you will get more details and scenes in that

I noticed in the version thats in the movies now we never got to see the scene where Eazy took the assualt rifle on tour but its all in the previews so that right there tells Cube and Gary really want this directors cut to be out for the fans who really wanna sit for 3 hours

the movie was so good I didnt care if it was 5 hours :lol:

Saw or read an interview from Gary and he said that has nothing to do with NWA.
laugh.gif
So, no, it won't be in there.

It kind of does, cause she was asking questions about the break up
laugh.gif
  i'm just joking tho

Last edited:
If you're looking for accuracy, you have to watch a documentary or biography. This is a film. Films are just "based" on a true story and stretched for entertainment purposes. Plus you got Dre and Cube heavily influencing the picture. I'm sure they're going to try to paint as positive and egotistical of a  depiction of their characters as possible. You won't see Cube getting KO'd with his chain stolen. You won't see Dre wearing eye makeup doing gay ****. This is all about promoting their BS to the people that buy into their farce, and making money. Try to act like "**** the police" was some revolutionary idea in the making. Please... It was just some ghetto brothers who decided to make a funny *** song and didn't imagine it would blow up as it did.

I guess u didnt see the movie because its....

in there from Cube getting jumped to Dre wearing them weird clothes and outfits with his old gig. Apparently Dre was a part of "paying crew" so he had to do what he had to do but in his everyday life he was always a white/black and hat kind of guy

Last edited:
I guess u didnt see the movie because its....

in there from Cube getting jumped to Dre wearing them weird clothes and outfits with his old gig
Jumped? I'm talking about in traffic in LA, he came out the car and stepped to some cat that's friendly with Cypress Hill and I think Kam. He got knocked out, and that brother took his chain and Cypress Hill was flaunting it at a concert.

Last edited:
Jumped? I'm talking about in traffic in LA, he came out the car and stepped to some cat that's friendly with Cypress Hill and I think Kam. He got knocked out, and that brother took his chain and Cypress Hill was flaunting it at a concert.

that sounds like something that would be in a movie about Cube

sounds like something thats between Cube the solo artist and Cypress Hill

this movie is based on NWA so small details with other individuals that doesnt tie into NWA will not and should not be in the film

Cube run in with Ruthless ties to him and NWA beefing

Dre and his weird clothes while DJing ties into when him and Yella talked to Eazy about paying for their studio time

Last edited:
that sounds like something that would be in a movie about Cube

sounds like something thats between Cube the solo artist and Cypress Hill

this movie is based on NWA so small details with other individuals that doesnt tie into NWA will not and should not be in the film

Cube run in with Ruthless ties to him and NWA beefing

Dre and his weird clothes while DJing ties into when him and Yella talked to Eazy about paying for their studio time
That's my point about this film. They just want to include what makes them look good and tough.

I agree that piece probably shouldn't be in the film since it's way after NWA, but that's why I question why Tupac is even in this or even Snoop? Wtf they got to do with NWA?

I'm 31, I remember the era clearly and although some parts of the movie was dramatized (like EVERY biopic), If you go in to it looking for EVERYTHING to be 100% authentic in a 6 year span over 2 hours you'll be disappointed. Movie was incredibly well directed and very good. Minute details like hats are just silly btw. To that I say, grow up.

You are 31 and remember the era clearly? You were 4 when Straight Outta Compton dropped. ****

Back
Top Bottom