Strongly Considering Moving To Atlanta...Looking For Some Insight From Those Who Reside In ATL...

How far is Atlantic Station from Buckhead? Is it closer to Midtown?

Atlantic Station is across the bridge but still considered in Midtown. Its about a 5 to 10 min ride to buckhead if you ride Peachtree with noTraffic.

I visited Atlanta during Christmas and had a great time. I also agree with whoever said it has the big city/small town feel at the same time.

And now I can finally relate to when T-Pain says he fell in love with a stripper.

"Call me Yeezy Hamilton, flying down Campbellton"

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by DIGGIN IN THE SCENE

Magic City
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I must go there

overrated and over priced
eyes.gif

Homosexuality is worse in Chicago?
I'm no homophobe but damn.......East Coast for the win.

ATL coo but I rather stay in the northeast tri state and visit from time to time.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Hold on.......what inner city has a good school system?
i'm saying though. Worry about your kids, if they bring home straight Fs, its probably not theteachers fault
grin.gif

Overall the living is the South is easy though
pimp.gif

anybody ever been to this restaraunt called "Durango's"? its downtown, that place is damn crack.
me and my girl went there, and damn near passed out from eating so much and having Itis.

oh and the Checkers on 14th st, they food be extra extra on point, (maybe cuz i be drunk) but that place is special, cuz i saw Keisha Cole's fine @%*....and she look so much better in person. i almost ran in the street.

i didnt know alot of ya'll went to Central Station... im sure ive seen ya'll there, i use to be in that place EVERY saturday, no if and buts aboutit.

laugh.gif
Where yall be seeing all these gays at?! This my city I lived heresince damn near birth, EAST SIDE ATLANTA... Strictly dimes here sir
pimp.gif

My girl is a waitress/Bartender @ Fox Sports... She took the day off yesterday, tho...

Look, you all can't be THAT hung up on %#*$$... Why you thinkin about em so much?

Like I said, if it's THAT serious, just don't go where you KNOW they'll be. Like I said, I party in the hood, and I live on the Westside, so Idon't see too many where I'm at. But that still won't stop me from going where I need to go to get what I want. If I was a Prada/Gucci wearingdude, I'd still go to Lenox. Matter fact, whenever there is a holiday or some sort of special event here, Lenox is the place to be, if only becausethat's like the ONLY mall all the tourists feel like going to because that's the only one they've heard of...

If you pay attention, you see gays everywhere. If you don't, it's just like any other city... Some of you makin it out like its Big Gay Al'swonder-emporium, and that ain't the case. There are two times out of the year you steer clear of places because it's over the top, and both of them areGay Pride parade weekends... Other than that you good...

SOME of the public schools are pretty good in terms of their effectiveness, the only problem is they are so good because they have such low numbers that itwarrants them closing soon after breakthrough years. For example: I used to work with Oglethorpe ES, and they had some of the higher scores in the state (Iwanna say they were ranked #45 out of 1082, which, for an Inner City School is GREAT), but they only had like 170 students. They closed two years later. Whenthe ratios are low, the effectiveness is through the roof. Apparently saving money is more important...

Now, as for the strip clubs as a selling point... don't throw salt. I go all the time and don't spend but a dub, maybe a fin, which is what I prollywould spend (if not WAY more) at any other club... This one just happens to have nekkid chicks walking around. I once spoke with a nice lookin chick who I KNOWhad her head on straight (she had cheese, a good job, and was getting her master's), and she told me that she goes to the shake it club because that'swhere all the normal dudes were. I went back to the Tap to do some research (
laugh.gif
) and I found that she was right. It's more fake wanna be rich, trickin*@% dudes in a club (ESPECIALLY one where they frown on jeans) than there is ANYWHERE. You buying a drink for ol girl? Why you pull out a knot for a $7 LongIsland, homie? Tuh! The nerve! But in the Shake It club, its NAKED chicks around, and dudes ain't really pressed on pickin up the bad chick at the bar withRoxy dancing in front of them... As a corrolary, the chicks that go to the club ain't in competition with each other, because they know they prollyain't gon get a quarter of the attention of the booty shakin on stage... If they do, it's a wrap... Love connection made (if only for the night).

In fact, that's why I love the hood spots, too. People stunt, sure, but its easily discernable who the douchebags are and who the normal folks are.

Anyway, we've gotten away from the OP... Move here, and you'll have fun, and probably be successful. I've had more fun in my four years here thanI've had at any other four year stretch of my life, College included. If you're young and ambitious, you can find a little something at every corner...

Just stay out the sticks... I see more confederate flags and propaganda than a lil bit soon as I get like 3 Miles OTP...

I've been in Atlanta since 5th grade. 28 now. It's a great city. The women to guy ratio is crazy. But like everyone said the traffic sucks. Other thanthat great city.

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

laugh.gif
That was back in my hey day... I'm super lame these days. But trust, when it was poppin, it was POPPIN... Hell most of those places are closed/moved now a days.

On another note, I forgot to talk about Central Station. That place is dope on a stick, seriously. It's huge, the people are hood fab as hell, and the chicks sell dope. I love it. The party gets so live, I saw a dude get snuffed right in front of me, the cops came and drug him out, I partied another three hours, and the dude was still on the curb when I finally left at like 5 am. Oh yeah... Party never even TRIED to stop...

When I think about it, the fact that (including the aforementioned snuffing) I've only seen like three fights at all the clubs I've been to combined has led me to believe this place is the shh... You gotta understand... I come from The D where they turn on the lights at 1:30 because they a)want you to leave NOW, before somebody gets shot/beaten/etc, or b) somebody has already been shot/beaten/etc. and they want you all to leave NOW...
laugh.gif
I see none of that here. It's all love, and truthfully, if you can stomach being in the same room with a gay dude or two, you can find all the fine women your heart desires. I tend to party in the hood a lot, but if the mood strikes to go to midtown or Buckhead where there may be a few dude-dates so that I might find a fine feline... I go. Ain't like you gonna be staring at the guys, right? RIGHT?
Sh... every time I hit up Central Station there's always a few scuffles.... East Point police be outside HEAVY... Its a cool club very hoodthough... you know you in a hood club when you take pics and the skyline wallpaper be in the background, same thing with Club Crunk and Chocolate. Frequencyuse to be my spot on Saturdays and also the LivingRoom.

Ain't here's my synopsis of ATL moving from NYC
Summer time - great place to be, free concerts downtown... they finally open back up Peachtree St by 5 Points so thats a place to chill but its mostly youngcats. Weather - last summer was scorching but with HOT weather comes little clothes from the females which ='s Eye Candy

Shopping - ATL has great shopping for both urban and luxury brands, alot of Boutiques have been springing up lately since last year, you got Sole Munki, RareFootage, Vinnies, Prestigious, Sole, Standard and etc in terms of high end fashion Lenox & Phipps is where its at, LV store in Lenox I frequent often alongwith Saks and Gucci in Phipps. Other shopping you can go to Outlets up GA400 or to Locust Grove. Sports Profile use to be the spot but its aiight now, Balboain 5 Points along with Supreme, Walters & USA Boutique.

Women - bougsie girls can be found in the Buckhead area, most notably Lenox Mall... plenty of model type chicks in their but you know what they about... referto the hook on Kanye's Golddigger track. AUC is nice place to hit up for more diversity, plenty of outta town chicks... AUC is mostly made up of GAresidents or women from outta town NYC or Cali. Georgia State is flooded with bad women... very underrated in ATL. Besides that you can hit up a few clubs,Studio 72, Pure, Esso, Luckie Lounge, Velvet Room, Dreamz, Artistry to name a few.

Entertainment - Atlantic Station, hit up 10 Pin. Dave and Busters in Marietta, US Play on Barrett Pkwy, Fox Sports Grill, ESPN Zone, Coca Cola Tour & etc.

Retaurants - Copelands, Vortex --- best burgers in ATL hands down or you can try Johnny Rockets, The Beautiful -- great for breakfast, The Varsity is ahometown favorite, Emeril's in Buckhead, Gladys Knight Chicken & Waffles was the afterspot after the club, Cheescake Factory, Houston, Marggiano's,Paschals.... just a few of my favorites.

Marta - the most entertaining form of transportation every

Homosexuals - yes homesexuality is rampant for both males and females, Midtown ATL is the gay capital of the city. Thats why i always tell dudes if you see abad chick 8 times outta 10 she single so holla ....because women out number men in ATL i think 2:1 and with a high gay population women outnmuber straight men probably 4:1 no joke
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cops - NEVER EVER speed on Cobb Parkway or Jonesboro road they will get you... ask any ATL resident. My girl stays out in Morrow off Jonesboro Rd and i'venever drove on that road at night and not seen someone pulled over... NEVER, Jonesboro in Union City same thing. Washington Rd in East Point same thing, EastPoint Police and Dekalb are absolute pricks.

Living - there's crime in any part of ATL even in the suburbs but some places less than others, Fayetteville is nice, Marietta/Smyrna/Vinings area is coolaswell, Camp Creek area is nice use to stay over there. Douglasville is a pretty quiet area, Conyers, Dunwoody and both nice but a little ways out the city.Hood areas.... Moreland, Panola, East Point, certain parts of College Park, Bankhead, Vine City, West End, Riverdale, Mechanisville, The Bluff.... ClaytonCounty is flooded with gangs

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

laugh.gif
Where yall be seeing all these gays at?! This my city I lived here since damn near birth, EAST SIDE ATLANTA... Strictly dimes here sir
pimp.gif

You must never been to Midtown or Lil Five points? Also FYI...stay away from Piedmont Park in June.

My mom is considering moving down to the A within the next week or too.I want her to do it so I can go ahead and move to the city because I hate living inSouth Carolina.I'm only 17 but I feel like it would be a good move for her career and for me to go to college at SCAD

Oh yeah Lenox is crazy,it's filled with gay's me and my pops was like
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
when we seen dudes down there hugged up and kissing in the mall,but therewere some dime's in the mall also.

Yo this like my 4th time in ATL..........its coo but aint no way in hell its better than NYC.

As far as homosexuality, yes gays are everywhere BUT its a known fact there are many open gay males, maybe even more Down Low gay males and plenty lesbians.More than I have ever seen.

Lol...sounds like myself after I visited for a week back in August. I must say that I fell in love w/the city, and I didnt even see 1/2 of it. I actually spokew/my wife about bustin a move next year after she becomes a RN (she graduates in Sept.)

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Lol...sounds like myself after I visited for a week back in August. I must say that I fell in love w/the city, and I didnt even see 1/2 of it. I actually spoke w/my wife about bustin a move next year after she becomes a RN (she graduates in Sept.)
This seems to be the trend now. My wife is ready to move there. Now her aunt is ready to move there as well as other family members. Most feellike we've done it all in the Chi and things have become so redundant. I appreciate all of the info I've gotten in this thread. My friend is workingon my resume as we speak and my homey sis keeps sending over emails full of jobs down in the A. This is one move I'm definitely excited about.

1. I've NEVER had a bad time in Esso's...
2. Luckie Lounge is overrated, overpriced, and full of them saditty guys and girls I spoke about earlier. FF Luckie Lounge. And I work RIGHT down the street.Sunshine and Charm Sushi Rolls are on point tho...
3. N. GA OUtlets up 400 are dope, but don't sleep on The Tangers... They keep some nice stuff, too.
4. GA State IS flooded with bad ones. People still sleep, but that's their loss. I spoke for a colleague in her UNdergrad Kinesiology class, and I was like
eek.gif
... Damn near robbed the cradle three times over...
5. FF 10 Pin. It's a damn bowling alley that refuses to allow those in who wear jeans and non-slick bottom shoes without charging hella cheese. Once again,FF 10 Pin Alley. If I wanna go bowling, I wanna go bowling. If I wanna go to a club, I wanna go to a club. Those things, while not mutually exclusive, shouldnot limit what I wear to a BOWLING ALLEY. A club I understand... The nerve.
6. Vortex is dope, but 5 Guys makes a mean burger...
7. I have no idea why people like the Varsity. It blows donkey. Seriously.
8. COBB County = Come On Black Boy County... Believe it. DEKALB COunty = Don't Ever Keep A Loaded Burner. They will shoot you on site...
laugh.gif
I Live off Bankhead, and work with AD Williams (Inside Bowen Homes), and schools in Vine City, The Bluff and The West End. I'm home!

how are race relations? Interracial dating cool out there?

Jobs?

I'm in Los Angeles and been thinking about making the move.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

how are race relations? Interracial dating cool out there?

Jobs?

I'm in Los Angeles and been thinking about making the move.

Race relations are cool for the most part. Depends on which part of Georgia your in, but so far as Atlanta no problem at all with interracial dating. Far asjobs, the unemployment rate is higher than the national average I think? Just depends on your profession. I know the accounting and medical jobs are plentifulhere...

JoeBonnano wrote:
4. GA State IS flooded with bad ones. People still sleep, but that's their loss. I spoke for a colleague in her UNdergrad Kinesiology class, and I was like
eek.gif
... Damn near robbed the cradle three times over...

My roommate was a Kinesiology major down there. He used to get like 20 people over at our apartment to study for their exams...the females thatcame through were bad. They're at the dining room table on the books and I'm sitting in the living room like
devil.gif

I graduated from GSU last year. Female situation was
pimp.gif

if I move, which NTer is gonna be my friend and hook me up with a thick female. I was texting my boys just now about moving and none of them wanna take thedive with me. The housing market is the reason I wanna move...i can sell my house here and pay cash for a house out there so then i can have a prettycomfortable life...marry a kerri hilson type chick and die.

Back
Top Bottom