Strongly Considering Moving To Atlanta...Looking For Some Insight From Those Who Reside In ATL...

hows the herb looking like in GA ?

my cousin wants to move to Atlanta this summer with her husband, She just got her masters and was impressed with the cost of living and opportunity's inthe ATL area compared to Southern Florida ie Miami.

Her husband just about finished with his XRay/Med tech schooling.

man I wish I went to school in ATL.

Anyway I was thinking of moving down there and I have a few quick questions.

1. If you're the type who doesn't like to drive and would rather rely on public transportation, would it be a good idea to move down there. I live inNYC and I never drive anywhere.

2. How's the job market. Specifically Journalism/media jobs. I'm getting my degree in that.

Any help would be apprciated.

the funny thing is that I was listenting to the Bill Simmons podcast and he kept saying if you're single and straight, move to Atlanta.

I moved to the suburbs of atlanta when i was like 15 and now im 21. First moved to Gwinnett County which is a great place to live. I have not experienced theATL nightlife as much as I would like but there is always time for that once I get this degree. The broads out here are crazy so you might as well come ondown.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

1. If you're the type who doesn't like to drive and would rather rely on public transportation, would it be a good idea to move down there. I live in NYC and I never drive anywhere.

2. How's the job market. Specifically Journalism/media jobs. I'm getting my degree in that.

the funny thing is that I was listenting to the Bill Simmons podcast and he kept saying if you're single and straight, move to Atlanta.

eh...Marta isnt THAT bad, as long as you dont mind leaving 2 hrs before you clock in, you get used to it though...
I cant help you out on that job market, dont know !*@@ about that...
Gettting a girl is no problem down here, as long as you stay you.

i posted in the regional thread but this one gets more attention.

I was just wonderin if anyone could drop some names of some nice condos in buckhead or midtown. i'm flyin up with my parents on the 23rd to look atplaces...

^ i seen you today son
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

1. If you're the type who doesn't like to drive and would rather rely on public transportation, would it be a good idea to move down there. I live in NYC and I never drive anywhere.

1. I can say this much. IMO, the only good thing MARTA has for me is going to the airport and going to school from the airport. I live in NYC toobut I go to school here in Atlanta. MARTA is nothing like MTA. Limited routes (literally up or down, left or right), and a huge mess of buses. Time in betweentrains is roughly 10 minutes. If you are used to MTA, then be sure to look for locations that are near MARTA stops otherwise, it's going to be prettypainful.

2. Sorry, I can't really help you on this one, I have no idea how the job market currently is down here.

It's understandable to not have a car back in NYC, but here in ATL, it is almost a necessity. You'll see for yourself once you are down here. Hope thishelps.

Yeah you was actually in my line but than y'all moved to a shorter one, i was def gon say something though
laugh.gif

that was your girl you were with?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Yeah you was actually in my line but than y'all moved to a shorter one, i was def gon say something though
laugh.gif

that was your girl you were with?

LOL why you aint say nothin?

thats my sister.

next time im out there we gotta hit up the LA fitness.

lol, Man this isn't fair. There aren't any hos here in Tampa, and I'm coming from Tallahassee & Miami. I know ATL will be like candyland.

I'm really gettin jealous. lol

ATL has like no mamis though............................least i didnt see them.

some nice black chicks though.

the A is cool...just TOO damn slow for me..i lived there for 3 mnts...on a sidenote...when bankhead was open
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
i think i cried that night i wentthere

Originally Posted by Baller23217

Posted this in the regional forum, but then saw this.

I accepted a job in Marietta so I'm movin to the Atlanta area. I've been looking at some condos in Buckhead (Paces 325, Buckhead Grand, Ovation...). What area is best for a 22 year old? I'm not gonna know anyone up there so where do you guys chill? Any condo suggestions? Appreciate any info.

You tell any girl at the club you stay in Buckhead and it's a wrap. But scope out the places first cause there are some hood joints stuck around there. I've been in Atlanta for 22 years and it's same old same old, I'm bout ready to leave. It's funny too cause now one of my friends talkingabout moving out, of course he waits till I'm ready to freaking leave the state. It's wild though and for first timers, I'm sure you'll have alot of fun, so much to do when you first get here.

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

the A is cool...just TOO damn slow for me..i lived there for 3 mnts...on a sidenote...when bankhead was open
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
i think i cried that night i went there

What the hell are you talking about. . .when was Bankhead closed?

Im thinkin bout that move too. Around june/july....houston is just too dam slow for me being born and raised in Chicago.

^ man when I left....like 3 mnths later my boy who lives out there told me they shut bankhead down cause of some shooting
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I guess he was just effinwith me....that spot is %**@@% galore....all u see is %^& litterally jigglin dowwn the street at night...I was surprised to see thick white women on thestrip also
pimp.gif

I will be in ATL the wknd of Feb. 5-8th. Will hit up Artistry, AIKO, and Sutra Lounge. Any opinion on these? Also, probably will be looking at hotels inMarietta or by Cumberland Mall. Is that a far commute to what's happening? Last, what strip clubs pop on Thursdays(body tap? Strokers? Blue flame?)?

Back
Top Bottom