Survey & Yes a Few Other Questions For the SERIOUS Brand Jordan Consumer

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product
Simple enough, without the demand from the consumer, the product would not be able to stay afloat. So, in essence, I am directly impacting the Jordan Product.I've been an avid collector and supporter for over 15 years. Without the passion from people like me, JB wouldn't be where it is today.

2. What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature?
I purchase Signature AJ products, along with retro Nike BBall shoes. Team J's haven't really performed well for me in the past, so I pass on 'emeasy.

3. Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer?
Athlete and Sneakerhead.

4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?
Yes, Both. I grew up watching MJ posterize the whole NBA. Best memory was being there live when he dunked on Ewing at the Garden '92 playoffs.

5. How Tall are you?
5'10"

6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY?
In the past, they haven't performed well for me. I'm also a traditionalist, and since MJ didn't wear them, they don't seem to have the sameeffect. I could get a pair of Nike Zoom BB's, or Kobe's and that shoe would be better than the team shoes they put out. I guess it's a lack oftechnology, styling, and price point. I definitely wouldn't pay $125 for a Team Jordan, when I could pay a little more and get the signature shoe that hasmore superior technology.

7. What would sway you to wear Team Products?
They would have to be more affordable, and also have better styling. I haven't been a fan of them since I can remember. The styling on other shoes in thatprice point seem so much better (Nike, Adidas, Reebok included). And as much as I hate to say it, it's not the same buying a jumpman product that isn'tan AJ sig shoe...

8. Whats your favorite Technology?
It would have to be Zoom Air or the foamposite. There is a day and night difference when I wear shoes with this technology, and shoes without it. The foams arejust nice and cushy for the feet, but Zoom Air is essential.

9. Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually?
Leather or Nubuck. They are both very durable (when they don't use cheap leather Ahem Retros Ahem), and I don't have to baby the shoes on the court.

10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)
The cleats actually are built pretty well. I'm used to wearing bball shoes, and the JB cleats bring that stability and comfortable fit to the footballfield. I've been impressed with the performance, but they just need to be built more solid. I've gone through 2 pairs of the Retro 6D. Parts of thecleats keep falling off (Heel Tab/ Lace Shroud). If it isn't meant to last the long haul, then don't put it on the cleat. In a sport as active asfootball, you shouldn't have to worry about cleats coming apart, especially if they are from a "top notch" manufacturer like JB.

11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?
Definitely. I'd love to be a direct outlet for input into something I have such a passion for.

12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....
There isn't that same exclusive feel nowadays to having J's. I remember the release date of each new Jordan that came out was like a holiday. SkipSchool, cop the J's, and then sport them around. I remember feeling like a million bucks wearing the shoe that MJ won his first championship in. Nowadays,I don't get that same feel with the new J's. I still cop a pair of each new model to see what they are like and all, but I don't feel as special asI used to.

The Retro's are coming with materials not comparable to the originals, and the craftsmanship of the shoe seems to be compromised. The colorways seem to beaimed towards what I like to call "The Soulja Boy Movement" and such (I understand partly due to the fact they make a killing off the ugly !@+colorways ie: DTRT, recent 8 NON OG retros). They aren't the Original Bulls colors, or the Carolina Blue colorways we were so used to seeing. I guess itreally affects it when The Man himself isn't there to perform crazy feats in the shoes for us to remember. I'd love to see JB bring back OG colors andclassic shoes built the exact way I remember having them back when I was growing up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've been detracted frombuying J's more and more, but when I see an OG color that MEANT SOMETHING to me in the past, I pick up at least 2 pairs. Just some food for thought.I'm sure you heard it all before.

13. Age

I have been buying and wearing Jordan shoes/clothes since I was in 3rd grade (1995). Would have been sooner but couldn't get the parents to spend themoney.

Signature, but I do have a few Team models

Athlete and Sneakerhead

4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?

Live on television. My dad's biggest regret was never taking me to see MJ play in person

5. How Tall are you?

short, 5'7"

Being a college student I don't have a lot of cash floating around to spend over $300 for a couple pairs of the new signature model along with several ogcolorway retros. Also, I don't think that the designs are as good as the signature line or Nike's basketball shoes. I am, however, looking forward toand will be purchasing the Jordan Enhancer this year. The Jumpman Pro, Team J, Team II were my three favorite team/non-sig models until the Enhancer. Clearlyby the models I listed I feel that the team line hasn't produced many quality designs recently.

Quality designs and a cheap price. I can't afford to spend a lot of money on sig shoes and retros and then buy team products as well.

Zoom Air

Nubuck, Tumbled leather for playing ball. Anything casually.

10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)

N/A

11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?

Yes

12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....

I wish we could see shoes made the way they originally came out. Changing them a little for the so the collectors won't lose value or whatever is bull. Ihave some OG's and I wish they would come back out so I would be able to wear them whenever and never have to worry about them falling apart. True"OG" collectors aren't resellers, and I'm sure they would want to see the shoes the way they remember them growing up as well. I wish thingsweren't limited. I don't care how many people have on the shoes I buy. I buy them because I like them and they take me back to when I was a kid. TheTitanium's and the White/black/red both could have sold well whether they were limited or not. All limiting shoes does is make it harder for the true fansto get a pair, when they are the people who actually love the shoe. You can appeal to the young kids and the OG heads if you put out true to their originalform retros in OG colors and in new colorways as well. I don't see why that is so difficult to figure out. They don't want to offend people with a lotof OG's, yet they want similar to OG form retros to get the older guys to buy, and new colorways with limited releases to appeal to the young guys. So whyis it the people in the middle are the ones left out every time? We want Nike Air, we want the 4's to look like the 4's, the Air Jordan 1's are ahigh top not a mid. Those are just a few small examples. I seriously think it should be easy to appeal to all of the different types of Jordanheads.

13. Age

I invite EVERYONE who is an OG to answer THIS survey AS WELL as the other one. I didn't mean for the steam to let up on this Survey..

BUT

I would invite ANYONE who is serious about the Jordan Product to keep this going.

Thanks.

i dont really feel i have a huge impact on jordan brand, sure i spend a lot of my money on their shoes but if i just stopped i doubt they would take notice. idont recall ever influencing any product's design or release, etc.

More sig than team, but i have a reasonable amount of team shoes

sneakerhead if i had to pick one

yeah, but i was not into shoes back then, just the game

5. How Tall are you?
6'7"

I do, BUT, i tend to hesitate when buying team shoes more. Even if I like a team shoe, deep down I feel like it is slightly inferior to the signature line,even the bad quality retros. They just are not Air Jordans. In my mind I always think of the sig line as the "premium" line and the team shoes arejust normal. Because of this I need to really like the colorway and design of a team shoe AND it has to be cheaper than the sig shoe (outlet prices). I canremember occasions where I spent much more on a retro when there was a team shoe available for less that I liked more. Because it was a team shoe I wasunwilling to spend as much on them, I'd rather wait for them to drop in price, even though I liked them more.

They just need to really catch my eye. If a shoe doesnt look good I will never know how it performs because I wont bother trying it on.

I like the Shox technology

I dont play anymore. Casually I like leather, nubuck/suede is harder to clean and dont like the rain, I feel more comfortable in shoes that I can more easilymaintain.

never played with jordan cleats

too busy =(

because i wasnt into shoes when i was younger id like to say that just because a colorway was not released in the 90s does NOT mean it is automaticallyrediculous. I like to have some different colors, like the white/orange 8s or lightning 17s. Nothing too insane, but red and blue are not the ONLY validcolors. As long as it is done well there is no reason everyone should be hating on every retro+ that comes along.

13. Age

Well I purchase everything Jordan (apparel and accessories included) and have been doing it since I was younger

I always buy signature... when I find a good deal, I'd get some team

I would consider myself a sneakerhead

Unfortunately not live but definitely on television

5. How Tall are you?
5' 11" or 6 feet

I've been buying signature shoes for a while now and I'm just trying to keep up and finish up the collection... so if I don't buy a team product,it's usually because I need to save the money

I usually buy them for purpose (to play ball or something to slip in and out of on a random day) so I am really about style and comfort

Foamposite and IPS cushioning

Tumbled leather

N/A

Sure

I'd like to see some unique and non hybrid styles in JBs team line... A company that stands on its own needs to be a bit more original... a few hyrbidshoes is alright but I'd like to see some more individual styles

13. Age

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product => i buy only what i like so if Jordan product sux, i wont buy it. plain and simple.
2. What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature? => signature shoes. nothing agains team shoes but like in #1, i like the sig shoes better.
3. Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer? => athletic sneakerhead.
4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television? => yes. i used to work for the chicago stadium. i miss those days. and ofcourse watched every bulls game.
5. How Tall are you? => 5'7"
6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY? => no appeal
7. What would sway you to wear Team Products? => better design, performance maybe.
8. Whats your favorite Technology? => zoom air
9. Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually? => to play is probably nubuck. casually anything.
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine) =>N/A
11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups? =>sure.
12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey.... => JB should improve on quality and stop thelimited release. why limited?
13. Age = OG consumer. so go figure.

I feel my impact on the Jordan product is minimal, I try to buy the shoes that I currently like and have liked in the past.
2. What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature? I only purchase the Signature Air Jordan line.
3. Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer? At times all three. Depends on what I am buying.
4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television? I have seen him play live (exhibition), and can honestly say I have seenevery game he has played in.
5. How Tall are you? 6' 1"
6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY? I do not purchase team shoes because in my opinion they are "Lower Level" Many people that can not orchoose not to spend a lot of money tend to buy Team shoes.
7. What would sway you to wear Team Products? A nice colorway or better design.
8. Whats your favorite Technology? I like regular AIR. Zoom Air if it is double-stacked.
9. Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually? I like a combination of leather and mesh. (Kobe Zoom III). To wear i like Nubuck.
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine) I wish they weighedless.
11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups? Yes
13. Age 35

As part of the collective, my impact on Jordan Brand is significant. Without the consumer JB would have to close up shop.

Sigs all the way.

Sneakerhead. Then again anyone with a body is an athlete right?

I seen him live once and on tv for most of his career

5. How Tall are you?
5'7"

Like many of the older heads, I started off wearing sigs. My first pair was the black/cement IIIs. To me the team shoes didn't have that same appeal as thesigs do. Partly because I wanted to wear the same shoe my favorite player was wearing. Also the team shoe just doesn't measure up style wise. From what Ihear the performance and comfort is something to be desired as well. I could think of plenty of other shoes to buy before a team Jordan.

Maybe if JB invested the same resources into it as they do the Signature Jordans. Even then I'm not so sure that would sway me but I think it would be astep in the right direction.

Zoom air and Carbon Fiber

White sneaks I like tumbled leather and for black I like nubuck.

When I played football Jordan didn't have cleats out.

Yes

I believe Hovkid hit the nail on the head when he talked about the availability of Jordans. There was a time when Jordans never sold out the first day or thefirst week. On the rare occasion that they did the store would re-up on them the next week. None of this standing in line or camping out business. I used toget Jordans months after the release partly because each new release was so groundbreaking the shoe had to grow on me and also because as a shorty I had tomake sure the grades was right or a holiday was near before my parents would cop for me. I just wish JB would go back to the days when you could easily buy apair of Jordans retro or new release for retail even months after release. That is probably too much to ask though b/c its all about paper now. Also I kind ofliked it when Nike released a white and black pair of Jordans on the same day. I wouldn't mind seeing that again. Lastly I would like to see JB put itsfocus on the newer sigs. I mean retros are cool but lets stop living in the past. I remember when the only thing people were checking for was the "newJs" not the latest retro release in some bizaar colorway. Lets move forward and push the envelope as far as design and performance like the brand used todo.

13. Age

The only real comment I'd add is that its a real shame where this company is heading. The whole company was built on people like me and now the company is abandoning me for the 17 year old kid that "collects" sneakers as a fad. When I was yonger, Jordan products were never limited. The fact that I can't just walk into a sneaker store and find every Air Jordan that comes out is a pathetic marketing ploy. Coming out with a limited XX3 was the nail in the coffin in my eyes.

You're right as soon as Nike got their first couple hundred consumers they should have only catered towards them. Great business concept. Tastes change astimes change, true companies know how to reinvent themselves and adapt to new markets.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

The only real comment I'd add is that its a real shame where this company is heading. The whole company was built on people like me and now the company is abandoning me for the 17 year old kid that "collects" sneakers as a fad. When I was yonger, Jordan products were never limited. The fact that I can't just walk into a sneaker store and find every Air Jordan that comes out is a pathetic marketing ploy. Coming out with a limited XX3 was the nail in the coffin in my eyes.

You're right as soon as Nike got their first couple hundred consumers they should have only catered towards them. Great business concept. Tastes change as times change, true companies know how to reinvent themselves and adapt to new markets.
Great, so a company should ride the backs of one generation and then take a dump on them for the next generation that have no real attachment to thebrand?

Why can't the company service both generations? Why is that so much to ask? Why can't they make the shoes available to those of us that have beenthere since the early days?

Why can't the company service both generations? Why is that so much to ask? Why can't they make the shoes available to those of us that have been there since the early days?

Fire Red V's-GR
Fire Red III's-GR
Aqua VIII's-GR
"Playoff" VIII's-GR

the next generation that have no real attachment to the brand?

First of all that's an ignorant and contrived generalization. Secondly, JORDAN BRAND is part of a DAMN PUBLICLY TRADED FASHION FOOTWEAR AND APPARELLCOMPANY! There job is to continue to get people interested in their brand. Today's customer is open to more vibrant colors, use of different materials, andun-conventional ideas. This is going to make these new customers become attached to the company just like you were 20 years ago. Just because you don'tlike doesn't mean everyone else has the same beliefs.

i pay for jordans and they stay in business with my money

sigs but im cool with anything that looks good or performs well

all the above

just on tv

5. How Tall are you?
pushing 6 ft

not applicable

i usually wear teams to ball in

zoom air and foamposite

suede is nice

not applicable

if its doesnt conflict with my schedule

bring back nike air on jays

13. Age
2x

i purchase some basketball shorts and most retro jordans excluding some LS cw, and seldomly by team jays

signature series for that nastolgic and fashion feel, and team jordans for basketball

i play sports recrationaly but fall into all categories

yes live on television

5. How Tall are you?
5'10"

n/a

n/a

zoom air

leather/suede, mesh

n/a

yes

when reproducing original colorways of retroes, please keep everything as they were, shape nike air, materials etc

13. Age

I don't believe I have much of an impact. I do purchase every signature release and most Team Js as well. All my athletic apparel is Jordan Brand.actually, I spend way too much money on the Jordan product, I'm an addict, what can I say?
Signature, but I have plenty team.
Athlete and sneakerhead, there is nothing better than a fresh pair of Js straight from the box and onto the court.
I watched him beat the Jazz several times in person, also saw him play with the wizards, numerous times on TV.
5. How Tall are you?
6'2"
N/A
Just a good product.
Zoom air, and the titanium plate on the XX2
Nubuck
Ankle support
Of Course.
13. Age
27 Years old

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product ?
I get to vote with my wallet. I buy those releases I approve of, and pass on those I don't. I also have another huge impact on the brand; I actually wearJordans 24/7 to work, play, and casual, so I am repping the brand at all times.

I buy the color combos I like and the models that are comfortable. Team or Sig is irrelevant to me. The best pair of Jordans I ever had was the wheat VIboots......I got away with wearing those as mock workboots on the job for years, lol!

I'm a few years removed from athletics (47), and I sure don't consider myself a casual consumer (50 pair collection).

Who can forget what he did to poor Patrick Ewing. A whole generation of Knick fans has yet to recover.

5. How Tall are you?
5' 10"

Does not apply

I already wear Team Products

Multi-colored tounge on the 7's. The devil is always in the details.

Love the breathability of the 4's.

Does not apply

I could participate, but not recruit or organize.

The marketing strategy that encourages scarcity and the culture of reselling is a big turn off. I'm sure it's a big hit in the ghetto for all the slobswho only know how to hustle for a living, but people like me who work for a living would like to be able to have ample supplies of all models and colorwaysavailable to us to buy at our discretion, not just for four minutes in the middle of the night.

I impact their revenue and i serve as free promotion(everyone knows air jordans and team jordans tend to have huge jumpmans placed somewhere visible)

Signature

Athlete(i'm definitely slipping on my athletic activity), i'm up to date on releases and know a lot of shoes names, does that make me a sneakerhead?i'm definitely a casual consumer(i casually buy anything i like)

yes, on the tele.

5. How Tall are you?

5'9

I don't purchase team products because i have no use for them. All my shoes fall under 3 categories,

casual, athletic, and nostalgia/sentimental value. Athletics(pretty much basketball), there are a ton of

better performing shoes on the market that go on sale regularly for half the price. Casual(school, hanging out with friends, pretty much everyday life), If iwant something to wear casually, they're not even an

option. team jordans scream basketball shoes, if i'm going out somewhere i don't want a huge jumpman

on the side of my shoes. casual, to me is more lightweight, neat/clean(no symbols, or jumpmans in plain

view). think pumas, adidas samba($30)(wearing them right now and i'm going to run errands), vans($50), chucks($40?), note the pricing of my casualfootwear.

Get the picture? NOT Team Fbi. Nostalgia(pretty much my respect and admiration for the player), this may

be where team jordans suck the most(recently). The general public, including me, have no idea who

wears these things. for arguments sake lets say q. rich is wearing the newest team j. WHO CARES, dude

does not have enough pull or game to make me say "man, q. rich's game is so real and i admire whats hes capable of doing, let me drop 120 on hisshoes". that may sound stupid or immature, but that is very

important when you're trying to trick your consumer into thinking that your inferior product is the way to

go, a shoe that has nothing to make you want it on its own merit. the little common sense i do have, lets

me know a jumpman is not worth an extra 40 dollars. Q. rich may be a great guy off the court, but on

court performance(memories, NOSTALGIA) is what influences me to buy shoes that defy the laws of

common sense/ money mgt. and casual wear.

More effort. i feel like jb doesn't even TRY to hide the fact that team jordans are second tier products with no cons(besides the huge and ill advisedplacement of jumpmans
eyes.gif
). Give

me something very unique, because newer team jays come off very vanilla and safe to me. there is no

excuse for boring design, how are you going to slack on performance AND design? heck, how about give

me both, make me proud to wear a team j(in nyc teams jays are a considered a no-no, i'm sure in most major cities as well). i'll settle for innovativedesign first though, because the price

tag is already high, who knows what would happen if the made them superb performance wise

(150+ price tag). it would be kind of cool if they used their lifestyle ideas(such as weird color combos and materials) on team js. i may not like it, but atleast it would spark interst and make me have hope that

something hot and innovative is to come.

Not at all a tech guru, but i'd have to say zoom air. playing basketball really makes you appreciate it.

Leather and nubuck

n/a

Yes

I want team products because they're cheaper and easier to obtain, but i rarely see am innovative design. Can we please settle down with limited oncolorways we know will sell. if you're iffy about its capability to sell, why produce it? Lastly, we definitley need to find a way around getting the WHOLEpackage. i HAVE to buy a shoe i DON'T want at an inflated price? makes me feel so used and dirty.

13. Age

My impact has been the growth of the Brand itself. Without me, and thers like me, Joran Brand never would have come into existence.It would merely have been a shoe within Nike.

Signature/retro only. Used to buy Jeters but not for about 3 years.

Athlete/sneakerhead

Yes, going back to the 63 point bomb against Boston, the Shot against Cleveland, the Shot II against Cleveland, the Change of Handsagianst the Lakers.

5. How Tall are you?

5'10"

Cheap, uninspired, gaudy. Horrible color selections.

Maybe some originality. Quit knocking off signature shoes and slapping some Ebonics inspired name on it.

IPS, very comfortable.

DriFit perfect for work and working out

Yes

Folks, the Brand line was always supposed to be a cheap alternative to the Signature line. It was never supposed to be a replacement. Itwas for people who wanted to wear something inspired by Jordan, but couldn't afford a shoe at twice the price. Sad part is, the brand line is starting tocreep up and price itself out of the demographic it was started for. Why spend $120 or $130 retail on a guy who at BEST you've barely heard of on JordanBrand, when you can buy something from Kobe or LeBron? I don't dog on the retros in color schemes that look like a colored ink blot test, I just don'tbuy them. Hell would freeze over before I considered wearing something like a Spiz'zike, but a lot of people my age feel the same way. To each their own.You cannot fault Jordan for going out and creating new colors and schemes to please people, and maybe some older heads like the new colors for old shoes theyhad or still have. It doesn't mean everyone has to buy them. The only complaint that can be echoed across the board is the quality issue. The quality onretros is subpar at best. Paint peeling in the box, yellowing the date of delivery, leather that falls apart a week after wearing it. I have grownexceptionally tired of the never ending bashing of colors coming out, it's juvenile. Unless you actually own stock in Nike, and no, 300 pairs of shoesisn't stock, you don't have much room to bellyache or expect Nike to cater to just you. Yes, it would be nice to see III's, IV's, V's etcwith Nike on the back, but honestly, a label compared to quality doesn't really throw me off from buying it. Hearing, "I want the original" 700posts a day is getting old too. I want an original 1953 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing. And I can have one, for the cool price of $2 million at an auction. Ican't write a letter to Mercedes and cry like a baby for them to hand make me a new one, and THEN sell it to me for the $8,000 it sold for in 1953. Some ofyou need to seriously grow up, take an economics class, and understand the nature of business is to grow and expand, not stagnate and simply cater to a coupleof select people who won't buy your product if you don't try to include everyone. For every fugly retro, Hello, Mr DTRT III, paging, MR DTRT III, thereshould be an EXACT retro Fire red III to match it. If the only difference is the Jumpman on the back, but the colors match, I'm all for it.

13. Age

Back
Top Bottom