SZA: 'CTRL' Official Debut Album Thread. 6/9/17

Yo...sorry for the late *** bump but I had to post about this album.

I was never into SZA...I'm a washed 30 year old...I don't try to keep up with the trends of anything and I tend to think most new music is trash. I'm straight "get off my lawn" with it already.

The only experience I had with SZA was seeing on Facebook people **** on her for glamorizing a "side chick" lifestyle...Which, I agree, is not something to be glamorized. So I immediately wrote her off and moved on without another thought.

That said, I did like her track with Travis Scott...very catchy and in the feels, which I can dig (I like an open artist). So I said **** it, and gave the album a spin on Wednesday this week. I have not stopped listening.

IF I had to give it a lazy off the top of my head comparison, but one I could probably defend if necessary, she's a female Franky Ocean. Songwriting is not traditional. The lyrics are open to her personal experience yet still relatable. I am just thoroughly impressed with the entire album...Only song I skip is Prom (not my style and also the sound doesn't really fit the album, IMO).

I'd say the best tracks are Broken Clocks and Anything (bruh, someone needs to sample the end of that track IMMEDIATELY...the vibe on that is crazy...if no one does it soon, I'll do it my damn self). The lyrics, top to bottom on the album, are top notch. Very real, very relatable, even coming from a female. The opening track "Supermodel" where she sings "I could be your supermodel if you see it in me"...that open *** raw emotion man...Flames.

10/10

Back
Top Bottom