Tailgater gets brake checked and crashes (Lulz?)

so wait, the far left lane on highways is now for passing only? says who?

See this is the problem, some people really don't know or get it. Everyone's not just being an *******, some people just basically don't know how to drive lol. That's why I'm not gonna be 3 feet from your bumper going 70, because even if it helps you notice me, some people don't even realize they're supposed to move over.

Passing someone inherently means you have to speed up. Now why would you expect someone to merge into slower traffic to speed up and pass you. It's dangerous and it's the entire reason they have a passing lane. It's a designated lane for going faster to pass other cars.

Just hold the L fam... Happens to the best of us.

Tailgater is still wrong no matter how anyone puts it.

There is no "slower vehicles go to the right, if the car behind them is going faster"

That's not how life works.
The tailgater is as fault. I agree with that. That doesnt mean the brake checker isnt a douche. Theyre both idiots but only the tailgater is responsible. Tailgater should give himself enough room to brake in time in case something like that happens. Stop thinking about it so simplistically.

And  youre wrong about the second point
Negative.

Traffic signs do NOT say move to the right if ONE vehicle is excessively speeding.

As I stated earlier, the car in the video was going above speed limit already.

The tailgater was EXCESSIVELY speeding! And decided to get bumper to bumper.

All this ******** argument about traffic flow has NOTHING to do the video posted.

Traffic Flow = Multiple cars going around the same speed with good distance.

One car speeding? Not traffic flow 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
In New York State the left lane is usually always marked as a passing lane.

But technically you're not supposed to stay on that lane the entire time. Once you pass the vehicle, you move over to the right lane there isn't anyone in front of you.
That's how it should be in every state. Even if Im going 80, I dont stay on the far left lane unless there are cars going slower on the right lanes.

Last edited:

See this is the problem, some people really don't know or get it. Everyone's not just being an *******, some people just basically don't know how to drive lol. That's why I'm not gonna be 3 feet from your bumper going 70, because even if it helps you notice me, some people don't even realize they're supposed to move over.

Passing someone inherently means you have to speed up. Now why would you expect someone to merge into slower traffic to speed up and pass you. It's dangerous and it's the entire reason they have a passing lane. It's a designated lane for going faster to pass other cars.

So if I'm already going faster than the rest of the other lanes, let's say 70-75 in the fast lane and other cars in other lanes at 60-65, and someone is excessively speeding catching up to my tail, I have to move over into slower traffic and slow my pace for them? Granted, if I don't have to slow drastically when changing lanes to let him pass and we can do it smoothly, then ok cool. But if the next lane is all occupied and I can't get over, I'm in no way going to speed up so dude doesn't get on my ***. We can both wait for an opening to where I'll change and let them pass, or he can change and fly on by.

So if I'm already going faster than the rest of the other lanes, let's say 70-75 in the fast lane and other cars in other lanes at 60-65, and someone is excessively speeding catching up to my tail, I have to move over into slower traffic and slow my pace for them?
Nope. If people are going slower on the right lanes, youre fine going 70-75 to pass them but you should move over to a right lane after you pass them. This was likely the case in the video but the brake checker shouldnt have brake checked despite the tailgater being liable.

Last edited:

No, if you're on a 2 lane road, then the left lane is used for passing. How do you not understand this?

Have you never had anyone pass you on the right lane and then quickly cut you off letting you know what you were doing? Usually it's very common practice.

So if I'm already going faster than the rest of the other lanes, let's say 70-75 in the fast lane and other cars in other lanes at 60-65, and someone is excessively speeding catching up to my tail, I have to move over into slower traffic and slow my pace for them? Granted, if I don't have to slow drastically when changing lanes to let him pass and we can do it smoothly, then ok cool. But if the next lane is all occupied and I can't get over, I'm in no way going to speed up so dude doesn't get on my ***. We can both wait for an opening to where I'll change and let them pass, or he can change and fly on by.

If there is someone directly next to you on you right lane, then it's okay to wait till there's an opening.

BUT, if you're on a multi-lane highway, USUALLY people do not go 75+ on a 65 on the left lane. If you pay attention, most drivers stay away from the far left lane completely, unless it's being used to pass. Reason being, it's one the easiest ways to get a speeding ticket.

Generally, you're not supposed to stay on the left lane for an extended period of time.

Like someone mentioned before, most people just don't know how to drive or had anyone telling them this.

Last edited:

Tailgaters are annoying as hell, but the brakechecker is a jackass. That is so dangerous and wreckless to every car around them. Very easily could have seriously injured or killed multiple people.

So tailgaiting isn't reckless?

If you followed the rules of the road you should be able to avoid someone who brakes, just like you would if they got a flat or car decelerated.

I didn't say it wasn't.

Brakechecking definitely is, more so in my opinion. Brakechecking at that speed is almost a surefire way to endanger people's lives. If you want to get back at the tail gater for your own ego, just slow down and annoy him that way. Don't risk people's lives. He had a car to his right when he got brakechecked, he could have easily veered right and ended up in a collision with that car.

This.

Tailgating is stupid as hell. Brake checking in response to a tailgaiter is even more stupid.

The danger of tail gating is causing an accident... So you folks mean to tell me the smart thing to do in that situation is brake check and increase the odds of a collision exponentially?

Dumb meet dumber.

Also never one where you gotta brake check.
i agree, brake checking is not only an infantile response but it can also have the opposite effect than intended if the guy slams into your car or causes an accident with other drivers. i've done it when i was much younger and had a good laugh but in hindsight, it's stupid. as i participate in this thread and even review what i've typed, slowing down to irritate the tailgater is also childish. as an adult, i shouldn't be out there piloting a 1.5 ton vehicle with the mindset of a baby no matter what the other drivers are doing.

If the brake checker gets rear ended, the tailgater is responsible for everything.

So if the brake checker wants to pull the ol' "my neck, my back" to try and get a payday...it will all be on the tailgater.
You missed what I was trying to say.

I am saying, "Break checking" someone is a pointless battle to engage with that could turn into something ugly.

If someone is tailgating you, just switch lanes, let them go and speed and do whatever else they want.

But, (people don't want to admit this), you don't want to look like the tailgater PUNKED you, so instead of switching lanes, you brake check. It is a pointless and dangerous battle people play with all over ego.

Sure, I know a tailgater being up on your butt can be troublesome if you actually brake and they hit you, but when someone is that pressed to speed, I move out and let them be about their business man.

I would say yes.

If you are in the left lane, and someone wants to SPEED, just move and let them pass. It hurts you how?

Doesn't hurt me to change lanes.

If I can change lanes smoothly and without having to drastically slow down because of the cars in the next lane to allow them to pass me, then cool. If not, dude is gona have to wait til it's clear enough for me to let him go.

Either way, the driver in front should not have brake checked the tailgater. Someone said this earlier, "dumb meet dumber"

Speaking of driving in general, it is PAINFUL to see how many people are in the left lane driving AT or BELOW the speed limit. Most of the time, THIS is what causes traffic.

I honestly think people don't know man. That has to be what it is because there is no other way to explain why folks hold up traffic driving slow in the left lane.

Question: How often do you see approaching drivers BEEP at folks on the highway for driving so slow while in the left lane

Yes I can. It's a fact that that weak *** example you just made is absolutely nothing like what I just said.

Tell me how standing still at a green light is equivalent to not speeding up or moving to the next lane when being tailgated on the freeway.

That **** don't make any kind of sense.

Because green means go just the same as left lane means passing lane.
No :lol: Standing still at a green light is not the same thing as driving in the passing lane.

Stopping @ a green light is equivalent to stopping in the middle of the freeway.

You're choosing not to follow traffic rules in both instance for no apparent reason.
How is using the passing lane and being tailgated while there not following the traffic rules?

Yall dudes really don't understand the concept of a passing lane? :rofl:
Bunch of idiots. Go back to drivers ed

Tailgater will always be at fault. No way around it. That being said, hate people who insist being in the left lane and don't want to move over when theres a line of cars behind wanting to go faster. Just plain inconsiderate. Brake checking to me just seems straight dangerous and should never be done.

Last edited:
Speaking of driving in general, it is PAINFUL to see how many people are in the left lane driving AT or BELOW the speed limit. Most of the time, THIS is what causes traffic.

I honestly think people don't know man. That has to be what it is because there is no other way to explain why folks hold up traffic driving slow in the left lane.

Question: How often do you see approaching drivers BEEP at folks on the highway for driving so slow while in the left lane

Best way to handle this is to just aggressively pass the guy when you can and get on the left lane. I've never taken a drivers ed class before and I know the rule.

Some of yall are crazy. I don't trust you on the roads.

With a merging car ahead, that is not the Time to be going to your right lane to let someone pass. Odds are semis are doing the same thing. Has no one been on these sorts of long stretches of highways where left lane becomes that buffer lane?

I agree with all of this. There's a 2 lane bridge that I take everyday to work. And everyday people in the right lane last minute want to realize OH WOW THERES A WHOLE CREW OF PEOPLE MERGING LET ME GET MY 30 MPH *** INTO THE LEFT LANE OF PEOPLE GOING 85MpH

Just hold the L fam... Happens to the best of us.

Tailgater is still wrong no matter how anyone puts it.

There is no "slower vehicles go to the right, if the car behind them is going faster"

That's not how life works.
The tailgater is as fault. I agree with that. That doesnt mean the brake checker isnt a douche. Theyre both idiots but only the tailgater is responsible. Tailgater should give himself enough room to brake in time in case something like that happens. Stop thinking about it so simplistically.

And  youre wrong about the second point

View media item 1954672

Negative.

Traffic signs do NOT say move to the right if ONE vehicle is excessively speeding.

As I stated earlier, the car in the video was going above speed limit already.

The tailgater was EXCESSIVELY speeding! And decided to get bumper to bumper.

All this ******** argument about traffic flow has NOTHING to do the video posted.

Traffic Flow = Multiple cars going around the same speed with good distance.

One car speeding? Not traffic flow :lol:

I get what you mean bruh... Really... I do!

And I'm glad you agree that the tailgater is at fault here.

But what we, or atleast "I" am trying to explain is that the car was already going above speed limit.

The slower traffic was already on the right. It looks like SUV was already using the passing lane to speed up around the semi-truck.

Let me try to break this down...

Speed limit is 55mph, semi truck is going 55mph, first SUV is going 70mph.

2nd SUV is going 90mph and tailgates AT first SUV's rear bumper.

Pretty self explanatory on who's at fault here. Brake checks happen all the day, in this case, homie got into a wreck.

Still his fault though.

Yes I can. It's a fact that that weak *** example you just made is absolutely nothing like what I just said.

Tell me how standing still at a green light is equivalent to not speeding up or moving to the next lane when being tailgated on the freeway.

No :lol: Standing still at a green light is not the same thing as driving in the passing lane.

Stopping @ a green light is equivalent to stopping in the middle of the freeway.

You're choosing not to follow traffic rules in both instance for no apparent reason.
How is using the passing lane and being tailgated while there not following the traffic rules?

I was referring to sitting at a red light and staying there when it turns green, not stopping dead in the middle of moving traffic.

Your initial comments had nothing to do with using the passing lane to actually pass. It was you being a hard head bad *** telling people they have to find other ways to pass YOU than the designated lane for no apparent reason. If you've been following the thread I think you can see you were wrong now, cause I know u aren't stupid. Hopefully you learned something and will adjust your attitude accordingly. I'll just leave it at that.

I was referring to sitting at a red light and staying there when it turns green, not stopping dead in the middle of moving traffic.

Your initial comments had nothing to do with using the passing lane to actually pass. It was you being a hard head bad *** telling people they have to find other ways to pass YOU than the designated lane for no apparent reason. If you've been following the thread I think you can see you were wrong now, cause I know u aren't stupid. Hopefully you learned something and will adjust your attitude accordingly. I'll just leave it at that.
Cuz my initial comments were about tailgaiting and no when it comes to tailgaing my stance or attitude as you interpret it hasn't changed at all.

Tailgate me and that's what you gonna get.

Last edited:
Ok man whatever, I said tailgating is dangerous and I don't do it. Keep playing games on the road to stroke your ego and spite other drivers if that's what you wanna do. I'm sure it will end well for you. You know you're wrong tho lol.

Back
Top Bottom