Taking SAT tomorrow

I'm taking the SAT test tomorrow and want to know what should I expect and what should I study for. My friend said that studying isn't necessary but to just get a good sleep b/c it will be hard to think if your tired.
Any confirmations...is it really that easy?

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

you'll be alright man, i didnt study for mine, and still decently good, its pretty *#%##* long though, so you'll lose concentration after a few hours
laugh.gif

studying isnt necessary? dont sound right lol

but get a good sleep, good breakfast and ivory would help if you got any lol (word to method and redman)

Originally Posted by needsomejays

you'll be alright man, i didnt study for mine, and still decently good, its pretty *#%##* long though, so you'll lose concentration after a few hours
laugh.gif
don't you go to CUNY John Jay?

Don't listen to this guy. Study for the exam. You want to get into a 4 year college.  A higher SAT score got me more scholarships than my friends who go to the same school.

I'm taking it tomorrow too.

I started studying yesterday by taking practice tests. I'm probably gonna be in bed around 11ish, 12 at the latest.

Then, wake up eat a good breakfast, then head to my school to punish the test

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Originally Posted by needsomejays

laugh.gif
don't you go to CUNY John Jay?
no

Originally Posted by RAWse

I started studying yesterday by taking practice tests. I'm probably gonna be in bed around 11ish, 12 at the latest.

Yea I just took a math practice test and got 2 out of 10
laugh.gif
but I don't have my calculator so that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Math is gonna be a B to me..

No calculator??? You're getting one by tonight right?

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Math is gonna be a B to me..

No calculator??? You're getting one by tonight right?
Math is usually my strong subject and I do have a calculator but I didn't feel like getting up to get it

I can't believe people start studying for the most important test of their life (at that age) two days before it begins...
smh.gif

I took the ACT btw.

Don't worry if you don't answer all the questions in a certain section
Get plenty of sleep (don't fap)
Good luck

From what I remember (and you might not be able to use some of these tips this far into the process now):

-Prepare yourself in advance. The last thing you want to be feeling during the most important test of your life is, "Um...What the hell is this????". Take prep classes, look up how much time you will be given on each section, etc.
-Get a good night's sleep.
-Eat a good breakfast.
-Have all the necessities. Calculator, wooden pencils, good erasers, etc.
-Manage your time well! If you don't understand a problem or don't know the answer, move on and come back to it later. You don't want to be spending 5 minutes on a question that you'll be guessing on for sure in the end anyway.
-Don't use others finishing before you as a barometer of when you should finish. For all you know, those people that finished first only finished first because a.) they missed key details and questions that are intended to trick you or b.) they realized they have no idea what they are doing so they'll just decide to rush through it.
-Just relax and you'll do fine. It's really not that terrible... in fact, the anticipation of the test is worse than the actual thing.

Good luck
96736f7b1b3c8d12584de2d34682b95d1158dcac.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

From what I remember (and you might not be able to use some of these tips this far into the process now):

-Prepare yourself in advance. The last thing you want to be feeling during the most important test of your life is, "Um...What the hell is this????". Take prep classes, look up how much time you will be given on each section, etc.
-Get a good night's sleep.
-Eat a good breakfast.
-Have all the necessities. Calculator, wooden pencils, good erasers, etc.
-Manage your time well! If you don't understand a problem or don't know the answer, move on and come back to it later. You don't want to be spending 5 minutes on a question that you'll be guessing on for sure in the end anyway.
-Don't use others finishing before you as a barometer of when you should finish. For all you know, those people that finished first only finished first because a.) they missed key details and questions that are intended to trick you or b.) they realized they have no idea what they are doing so they'll just decide to rush through it.
-Just relax and you'll do fine. It's really not that terrible... in fact, the anticipation of the test is worse than the actual thing.

Good luck
96736f7b1b3c8d12584de2d34682b95d1158dcac.gif
Much appreciated but how does the missing question "theory" go
Is it don't guess on questions or go ahead and guess

work smarter not harder, don't just rush into each question thinking that you have to answer everything... no that is not the case. you're trying to get as many points per section as possible. each section goes from easy to difficult.

use most of your time on the easy to medium questions and less time on the difficult questions to scoop up more points.

for the reading and writing part.. don't jump right into the passage,read the questions first and than actively read and fish for the answer. don't rely on your memory either go back to the passage and look for the answer if you have to.

a trick for reading long passages is to read the first and last sentence of each paragraph and get the GIST of what the author is talking about. in your own words write a few words of what the main idea was for each paragraph.

graders have less than a minute to grade your essay, so yes size matters. the longer your essay the better. use a lot of transition sentences like... however, while, although, in addition, furthermore.. another example, reason, point... i agree with the statement blah blah blah, etc.

Bring your own calculator with new batteries, cause my !+#% ran out of battery half way through the math portion

Originally Posted by sbrar8

Bring your own calculator with new batteries, cause my !+#% ran out of battery half way through the math portion
Right when I turned on the calculator it said low batteries, so I went to the store w/ the quickness

Well we were told to guess either way because if you leave a question blank they are going to count it wrong. What I said is if you are almost 100% sure you won't ever figure out the correct answer to the problem you are on, guess and then just move on. You don't want to waste time on a question that you know you'll get wrong in the end anyway.... that time can be better utilized later on a different problem in your test.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Well we were told to guess either way because if you leave a question blank they are going to count it wrong. What I said is if you are almost 100% sure you won't ever figure out the correct answer to the problem you are on, guess and then just move on. You don't want to waste time on a question that you know you'll get wrong in the end anyway.... that time can be better utilized later on a different problem in your test.

what? I thought skipped questions are not counted against you. Atleast that is how it was when I took it, you gain points by answering as many questions as possible within the given time. Skip the hard ones*

I'm taking it tommorow too. Been studying for about a week.
Not really worried about it because I'm taking it 2 or 3 more times.

Back
Top Bottom