Taking SAT tomorrow

didn't study. did decent.. Overrated test that says nothing about a person in terms of being intelligent or being a good student.

Only advice would be do what you feel you need to.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

what? I thought skipped questions are not counted against you. Atleast that is how it was when I took it, you gain points by answering as many questions as possible within the given time. Skip the hard ones*
Well I took the ACT, which did you take? Maybe the rules are different.

In that scenario that you just posted, couldn't someone answer like 15 out of 45? Skipping 30? Like, where's the line?

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

work smarter not harder, don't just rush into each question thinking that you have to answer everything... no that is not the case. you're trying to get as many points per section as possible. each section goes from easy to difficult.

use most of your time on the easy to medium questions and less time on the difficult questions to scoop up more points.

for the reading and writing part.. don't jump right into the passage,read the questions first and than actively read and fish for the answer. don't rely on your memory either go back to the passage and look for the answer if you have to.

a trick for reading long passages is to read the first and last sentence of each paragraph and get the GIST of what the author is talking about. in your own words write a few words of what the main idea was for each paragraph.

graders have less than a minute to grade your essay, so yes size matters. the longer your essay the better. use a lot of transition sentences like... however, while, although, in addition, furthermore.. another example, reason, point... i agree with the statement blah blah blah, etc.
Good advice

SAT= skips dont count against you(but you cant gain any points)
bubbling wrong answer does
also, i think the questions on the SAT on the math section that have the grid where you bubble in numbers not letters, i think those questions dont count against you even if you bubble and answer wrong

ACT= wrongs dont count(so you can guess, not that i advise it)

Back
Top Bottom