Taxi 12's - December '13

Wow. Man that sucks about the package to the wrong house thing for some of you guys.

Gonna be on my neighborhood watch now. :nerd: Especially cause of the crazy old lady across my street.

Yea i'm pissed off. I went all around my block asking everybody to give me my box lol. I was heated. My street address starts with 4138 and next door to me is 4134......so while i'm on the phone with UPS I just happen to go next door to the vacant house that no one lives at.......Sure enough it was there. A house that has no signs of anyone living in it. How you make that mistake is beyond me. So ridiculous.

My Taxi 12 pair arrived, tried them on and they are definitely a half size big in my opinion a bit too much room for my liking. Lucky enough I found someone to size swap me for a pair .5 smaller. Love this shoe.....all the hype for the 11s but i'm cool with these. 

Yea i'm pissed off. I went all around my block asking everybody to give me my box lol. I was heated. My street address starts with 4138 and next door to me is 4134......so while i'm on the phone with UPS I just happen to go next door to the vacant house that no one lives at.......Sure enough it was there. A house that has no signs of anyone living in it. How you make that mistake is beyond me. So ridiculous.
Geez fam. UPS should start requiring a pass from an optometrist to be a delivery man. I generally hate UPS in general but my delivery guy is good. Dude comes right before he is supposed to head back to the warehouse at like 6pm but at least he delivers it to the right house lol. 

I debated with someone in this thread about whether or not the XV came in a Nike box or not. I remembered it to be a Nike box, but said I could be wrong and went searching for my XVs

I was right.

Just received my 12s and while the fit is comfortable they seem to be at least a quarter size big compared to the OG. Figured it was in the upper maybe using a roomier last.

So I busted out my OG for comparison. I found the outsole to be at least a quarter size smaller if not an entire half size ( factoring the fact that they are not entirely flat anymore like the new pair ) That tells me that Nike probably had to open these outsole molds from scratch and they were not using the original molds. I just dont know why they would make the outsoles bigger though...

Last edited:
Seemed like nobody listened when people said go 0.5 size down.

I went TTS and I'm glad I did, after I laced them they fit perfect. If I went down a half sz joints would've been way to tight. But everyone foot isn't the same, I rather go TTS to be safe in certain Jordan's

Got my pair today and they are so clean. Materials wise everything looks on point, no loose stitching or extra paint. So glad i went .5 down cause they are huge. I coulda almost went a whole size but .5 will work. I do have skinny feet though. 

I went TTS and I'm glad I did, after I laced them they fit perfect. If I went down a half sz joints would've been way to tight. But everyone foot isn't the same, I rather go TTS to be safe in certain Jordan's

True. It's just a little annoying to see multiple posts of people saying they should've went down after it's been said many times.

Man I dislike Resellers very much....

Where in the heck do they get the idea of value/price/worth?!?!?!?

Dude on CL posted pics (multiple pairs) and said "Hmu with offers". So I text him regarding some shoes i'd offer up even add some cash *if necessary. He text back, he'd take my ds cough drop foams if I put $150 on top OR if i had a pair of db 5's OR Space Jams.

I about fell outta my seat. I was like "Bro, these are selling anywhere from $230-$270. Have you seen how much db 5's, space jams go for?!" I finally stopped texting.

I think I'ma wait for a restock or until the spring/summer. Usually dudes who've been sitting on pairs wisen up a little.

I personally like to trade stuff that I have sitting in my closet than pay out of pocket. I mean, I'm not offering crap. Offered up my VVNDS sz 9 playoff 12's or ds cough drops.

Lol, dude was trying to come up.

EXACTLY!! LOL!!!

You know what, I'm reasonable (I think :/) Like I'm not trying to value the shoes at retail cuz I understand that I'm getting them on the secondary market. But let's not get carried away with the shoes. I mean, if anyone in their right minds thinks that a trade of Space Jams for Taxis is fair.... is just ignorant.

Went true to size and it fit perfect i had that feeling of the tightness when i went a half sz down.. lucky i just traded for my sz and been happy ever since
pimp.gif

Was really on the fence with these, but they arrived today and they could be a top 3 J for me, just totally clean and the quality - especially for a retro - is outstanding. And they have a good weight and solid leather , a great winter shoe.

Bruh... Still waiting for my UPS man.
laugh.gif
 Left for delivery at 2:48AM, 5:18PM out here in LA. Sucks waiting for a package all day. Glad I put my FNL orders for will call this Friday. 
mean.gif

^^^

Peak season for ups. On top of the fact they do residential last. U may not get it till 8. My father in law is a ups driver. He's been out till 9-930 the last few nights.

Back
Top Bottom