TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

in my opinion/experience, HKs and Linens came pretty often. it was harder for me to hunt down a good pair of courirs and mushrooms.

I'll second that. Pricing is an issue too. If you find a pair of Mushrooms at a reasonable price, don't let them get away.

A lot of my grails are just regular random releases from the early 90s though. There are some pairs I love that I can go 5 years without seeing for sale, but those aren't necessarily the "name brand" pairs. Personally, I love highs and I feel that highs are even harder to find, when it comes to locating random old releases.

It's a service some guys in here use when they buy from yahoojapan I forgot the name but I'm sure someone would like to tell you and help you.

^ Can you fit an 11?

The best thing I'd say to do is hang around here and chop it up with other folks in your size range (not me, I'm in the 8.5 - 9.5 camp, sorry). Lots of links to good stuff gets passed around via PM and email among folks on the team who share the same size.

Keep your eye of Corgishoe on Twitter/Instagram as well.

^ Can you fit an 11?
The best thing I'd say to do is hang around here and chop it up with other folks in your size range (not me, I'm in the 8.5 - 9.5 camp, sorry). Lots of links to good stuff gets passed around via PM and email among folks on the team who share the same size.
na...11.5 is pushin it...wide foot lol

i do keep an eye out for corgi because i know he comes thru wit the crazy vintage pairs for the low

^ Can you fit an 11?
I'll second this, also puttin a small 'WTB' type of post in your signature helps too, had a random offer from that a couple of weeks ago I woulda jumped on if I wasn't saving for the BRED 4s.  Also second Corgi that's where I got my buttery 03 white/white lows that are so sexy I only take 'em out to look at 'em and smell 'em, I'm waitin til next memorial day and rockin with strong white look.

As for the Highs being harder to find I always assumed this would be because of those old pairs people still hooped in the highs, I've never seen someone hooping in lows.  I would assume the minute they did someone would call an ambulance as a presumptive measure.

i dont do highs...had the brown workboots like last year and couldnt like em...ended up takin em back to the outlets lmao

Out of curiosity do many of you dudes rock/buy new AF1's, I have owned 100's of shoes, I don't really collect, just a guy who loves shoes, I still rock AF1's reguarly and for the most part beat em up, then put em in a box never to be seen again lol.

Always enjoy checking this thread for crazy throw backs and rare heat, just wondering if there is anyone else like me lol

P.S I know for the most part quality is trash on GR's but my recent purchases feels like they trying... Just a little

P.S I know for the most part quality is trash on GR's but my recent purchases feels like they trying... Just a little

I wait until price/hype dies on "premium/supreme" af1s then cop for way below retail.
from ebay or an outlet.
mesh/suede toeboxes are even better.
otherwise GR leather look like trash after 3 wears.

Some randoms recycled from the photobucket as I await a colleague who is running late --

Last edited:
It's funny what a tiny touch of red does to an all black pair of shoes. With the red, I think they are awesome. Without, referee shoes.

Last edited:
bip whats the info on those blk red jewel mids? :nerd: what year was that?

Thanks for the comments, guys.

This specific pair is a sample. I don't know the actual year. My guess would be somewhere around '96. I had a pair of the released version at some point in high school, but I don't remember what specific year. The released pair had the NYC logo on them.

Last edited:

I feel you. In one respect, it makes sense because it's seasonal. But, at the same time it's underwhelming as a final act.

Some people will love them though. The one thing that's cool about them is that since the price point of the duck boot is higher than the standard AF1, it's not as much of a premium for the personalization, which is a good thing.

I didn't make a single ID this year, and the IDs I'm planning to make are AM1s, actually. A big part of that is the price point.

i loved the khaki/bred gum sole duckboots so much i scooped 'em up last year (def paid too much at retail but whateva, i was still not in the know yet)  but i just hate the way the toe creases b/c of the duck boot top it just comes across uneven.  i was definitely hoping for some different materials on a lo/hi as opposed to these but whateva... i just don't understand adverting it with an all white pair... it's like that red pair comin out next year that looks sick til you see the clear mid/outsole and i'm like well forget taking these out in boston during the winter -.-;;

Back
Top Bottom