TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

lol...i got the white pair off ebay and the black pair off the other site

Last edited:
Out of curiosity do many of you dudes rock/buy new AF1's, I have owned 100's of shoes, I don't really collect, just a guy who loves shoes, I still rock AF1's reguarly and for the most part beat em up, then put em in a box never to be seen again lol.
Always enjoy checking this thread for crazy throw backs and rare heat, just wondering if there is anyone else like me lol
P.S I know for the most part quality is trash on GR's but my recent purchases feels like they trying... Just a little

I've been meaning to reply to this for a while as I've got several newer pairs from my days working retail. You really have to pick and choose and up until late '10 you could get Premiums and Supremes for well under $100 on markdown. Premiums have been a hit or miss lately due to 'plastic leather' being slapped on them while 'Supreme' is a mixed bag with the visible Air units, leather midsoles and leather sockliners (which bleed like hell on your socks and can be uncomfortable over time).

And you really gotta scrutinize GRs or 'Basics' - due to the shoddy materials on them. The all canvas and suede joints get a pass ONLY if they have nylon tongues. If a GR has a pleather upper then it must have a suede/canvas toebox - again nylon tongues are mandatory.

I'm gonna reiterate that purchasing price is important - there is really no justification for an AF1 to cost $200+. There's 0 R&D and the overall 'thirst' for them is average at best making it a necessity to NOT spend a fortune on them. Just my 2 cents on what you asked.

I've been meaning to reply to this for a while as I've got several newer pairs from my days working retail. You really have to pick and choose and up until late '10 you could get Premiums and Supremes for well under $100 on markdown. Premiums have been a hit or miss lately due to 'plastic leather' being slapped on them while 'Supreme' is a mixed bag with the visible Air units, leather midsoles and leather sockliners (which bleed like hell on your socks and can be uncomfortable over time).
And you really gotta scrutinize GRs or 'Basics' - due to the shoddy materials on them. The all canvas and suede joints get a pass ONLY if they have nylon tongues. If a GR has a pleather upper then it must have a suede/canvas toebox - again nylon tongues are mandatory.
I'm gonna reiterate that purchasing price is important - there is really no justification for an AF1 to cost $200+. There's 0 R&D and the overall 'thirst' for them is average at best making it a necessity to NOT spend a fortune on them. Just my 2 cents on what you asked.

I don't think I replied to this either.

I can list off the top of my head all the pairs I've bought in the last few years.

All 3 Supremes, 2011 Denims, Jones Beach, Workboots (first release), 112s, burgundy and red Supreme canvases w/ the rolled edges, Safaris, Mowabbs, Manhattans, Queens, Brooklyn from the borough pack with the varsity letter style make-up, water proof lows, all the Bobbito highs, Supreme Tokyos. ...That's probably 4 or 5 years worth of new release AF1 purchases for me. Then, there are a few pairs that I wouldn't mind having but either went for over retail (30th anny camos), or were just too similar to pairs I already had (Stricklands).

Over that same period of time, I've consistently bought older releases.

who you telling
mean.gif
mean.gif
couldn't subject myself to paying retail still.... ugh!

and i love the duck boots and the military DCNS boots that have been coming out recently, particularly this pair. love them and would gladly rank them above the olive supreme canvas ones 

BIP, that's a good list, most of the releases that caught my attention are there. i only ended up getting the denim and the tokyo destroyer high (got lucky and ended up with a sample)

my theory is this: i can't bring myself to spend much money, even $100, on new releases that might affect my opportunity to acquire a vintage pair. it just doesn't seem logical for me to spend money on new releases only to buy vintage forces later on in life when the price has (most likely) been driven up.

nedsrock- dope set of photos there man. i'm in desperate need of some hk's, maybe santa will be nice. i recognize you from the instagram gang, keep it up because you have a ton to contribute in here!

BIP, that's a good list, most of the releases that caught my attention are there. i only ended up getting the denim and the tokyo destroyer high (got lucky and ended up with a sample)
my theory is this: i can't bring myself to spend much money, even $100, on new releases that might affect my opportunity to acquire a vintage pair. it just doesn't seem logical for me to spend money on new releases only to buy vintage forces later on in life when the price has (most likely) been driven up.
nedsrock- dope set of photos there man. i'm in desperate need of some hk's, maybe santa will be nice. i recognize you from the instagram gang, keep it up because you have a ton to contribute in here!

That's my thinking too. First of all, why buy any basic GR CW when it has almost definitely come out before and can likely be acquired for $60 - $125. Same general price range, far superior product. You just gotta do some looking. ...That's one of the reasons my collection is so huge, a ton of it is just simple, standard CWs like the ones released all the time, but just from early 2000s, when the materials and shape were on point. More than half of my AF1 stash I'd consider "everyday" kicks, meaning they are classic colorblocking, non-collabs, and don't have established nicknames.

Second, once you become experienced in this hobby, you learn the value of a dollar. And, frankly, at the price point of a high-end AF1, you can get a lot of dope stuff. I spend freely, but wisely. These new AF1 premiums at $200 price points? Pfft. I think about what else costs $200. At around that price, you can get pretty much any OG Jordan XII (maybe not playoffs), for example.

And, yeah, nedsrock, I recognize you too. Stick around. you've got a lot of great stuff.

Last edited:
eebs7eez thanx man, btw whats your instagram man?

BIP robert thanx... Damn thats cheap, got my olympic hi for retail 160$, 80$ thats like 50% off..

Jae718 thanx jae...

eebs7eez thanx man, btw whats your instagram man?
BIP robert thanx... Damn thats cheap, got my olympic hi for retail 160$, 80$ thats like 50% off..
Jae718 thanx jae...

Sorry I misspelled your name, originally.. Fixed now though.

Those highs are just a bit off, IMO. ...If they didn't have some much blue by the tongue. Or maybe, if the printing on the sole was navy or all white (or gold) instead of red. They were a close but no cigar to me, though I understand those who copped.

Sorry I misspelled your name, originally.. Fixed now though.
Those highs are just a bit off, IMO. ...If they didn't have some much blue by the tongue. Or maybe, if the printing on the sole was navy or all white (or gold) instead of red. They were a close but no cigar to me, though I understand those who copped.
Its ok :smile:
I like it when its on feet, clean...

Casual Friday check in -

Our Board of Directors is here, but I don't have to present this time around. So, I'm still rocking with kicks. '96 Black canvas for me today.

BTW - I recently started Instagram-ing. Catch me on there as d****hhh.

Will probably be posting more WDYWT type pics on there than here.

http://statigr.am/digglahhh

red jewel lows 45$ on ndc and the low grey in the darks are 54!!!

grab em while they last, a lot of sizes left. i was tempted but just moved so should hold back for a month or 2.

Back
Top Bottom