TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

wish they would retro some cvs highs..

You tell 'em.

They should retro replacement straps for Orange canvas highs. :nerd: Right, Kev?

Seriously, I'd be up for that, but, Sex Panther would not be happy.

Meanwhile, I don't care about the Pro Bowls, so let's go for gold highs - that's something that I think we can all pretty much agree on.

No Air Force 1 should ever be retroed. Jordan brand has already re re re retroed and messed up some classics.

always pros and cons with the whole retro idea. i mean i never got my hands on a pair of cvs highs/ didnt have the money as a youngster haha. i would love another chance! selfish i know =)

but then im also biased because i wouldnt want them to retro any of the ogs i got. haha i want the best of both worlds

^ nice double standard.

To me, the lack of retros is what makes af1s the best. By virtue of no retros, everyone's collection HAS to be unique. There are a lot of overlapping pairs amongst all of our collections, but most of us have some gems that very few others - maybe even no one else at all - has.

Whereas, there are Jordan collectors whose entire collections are made up of the retros. How many people have every retro iv or xi? No hate intended, but not something that I think any of us are interested. No one wants the exact same collection as someone else... Unless we're talking about shawny or ****zle... In that case, I want your exact collection.

^ nice double standard.
To me, the lack of retros is what makes af1s the best. By virtue of no retros, everyone's collection HAS to be unique. There are a lot of overlapping pairs amongst all of our collections, but most of us have some gems that very few others - maybe even no one else at all - has.
Whereas, there are Jordan collectors whose entire collections are made up of the retros. How many people have every retro iv or xi? No hate intended, but not something that I think any of us are interested. No one wants the exact same collection as someone else... Unless we're talking about shawny or ****zle... In that case, I want your exact collection.
Exactly. We all have out grail list and we have a greater satisfaction when we find our gem in DS for a good deal. I know some Air Force heads who have amazing collections filled with PEs, Hyperstrikes and Samples out of my price range. I prefer having the '98 Mushrooms or '96 OlympicsI have that they don't.

If they were to retro Uenos or Atmos then they should release where it originally released In the city of Ueno or Atmos - Tokyo.

Exactly. We all have out grail list and we have a greater satisfaction when we find our gem in DS for a good deal. I know some Air Force heads who have amazing collections filled with PEs, Hyperstrikes and Samples out of my price range. I prefer having the '98 Mushrooms or '96 OlympicsI have that they don't.

If they were to retro Uenos or Atmos then they should release where it originally released In the city of Ueno or Atmos - Tokyo.

^ true. Having those ogs definitely makes the hunt more exciting. And it adds value.

Air Force game is definitely not like any other. The idea of retro'ing is strictly for my convenience hahah cuz i love the shoe no matter how limited or general it is. But we all know retros never compare to the ogs in material, shape, and feel.

love hearing everyones perspectives. shoulda started posting LONG time ago haha

Retroing ONE air force will not hurt anything or anyone (unless u already have said shoe). Now if they went and retroed every air force then maybe I would take issue. Y'all over thinking this like crazy.

Retroing ONE air force will not hurt anything or anyone (unless u already have said shoe). Now if they went and retroed every air force then maybe I would take issue. Y'all over thinking this like crazy.
True, but in the case of say if someone paid $800 - $1200 on a pair of Entourages or Playstation AF1s, and those got retroed in a wider release for maybe $200 retail, some people would be hurtin'.

There have been some exceptions like the retro 2006 Cocoa snakes, but that stayed limited to Japan. Only Air Force 1 that they should always retro is the white on whites!! (Just use softer leather Nike!!)

Nah fam, they'll retro a classic and make the upper Vac-Tech or run a leather midsole. If it's a GR it is guaranteed to have the cheap 'suede' material or the stiffest possible pleather. Leave the past in the past and let 'em come up with new colourways.

Always enjoy coming into this thread even though I don't really "collect" AF1s much. Looking back through that 1thology brought back some memories though, would love to see some AF1 retros like Portlands, White/Gum midsole, and Atmos.

On a side note I scooped the grey jewel pair yesterday, walked into FNL and the 13 was the last size so they knocked em down in price for me. If these had a gum sole, they'd be incredible but the clear sole is nice. I know many gripe with the quality on recent pairs but so far wearing these since yesterday they seem to be built decently. The leather is a bit stiff but looks better than many of the new pleathers used on GR Forces. The old school tongue is a nice touch as well.

some more pics for you guys. Excuse the condition ha. i tend to wear alot of my sneakers =/

Last edited:
i like my collection..... pls don't retro it ;p...

college is so expensive tho.. no pickups for me

I could deal with retros on a very rare basis, theoretically. ...And, if the decision to retro something is already made, I might as well vote for what I want.

But, the problem with the retro of 1 is that of most policy issues - precedent. Once they do one, they'll invariably increase the pace. So, you have to be absolute and support abstinence. We know Nike can't control itself. Too much is never enough for them, so if I don't want to give them a mile, you have to root against them taking that first inch.

Pearson's point is a good one; the lack of retro forces diversity among collections.

The other good thing about the lack of retros is that it protects the AF1 against the fly-by-night, hypetrain breed of sneakerphiles. It's too much work to get to a point where your collection is envied by the regulars in this thread. It took years from most of us to get what we have. It's a lot easier to just go out and buy 10 of the hottest retro Js than it is to assemble a solid rotation of true AF1 gems. ...The other thing that's great is that few of us would even agree on our top 10 or 20s, whereas in the Jordan world, for example, the top pairs are pretty set and people's lists are fairly homogenous.

...Wore Campers in Viginia/DC this weekend. Will post pics later.

Last edited:
matt that made me laugh lol.. but if it weren't for bip wed have no conversation in here.. and with how rarely pics get posted this thread would die

Back
Top Bottom