TEAM AIR TRAINER

WOW.

Can someone please tell me a little about these? When they dropped, readily available?

The mix of mesh and nylon/ripstop-look material is blowing me away.

safariAT1-2.jpg

Hi. I hate your guts. Because you have these and I don't.
frown.gif

broke out my zoom trainers the other day..

i have never gotten such a response from older guys.. i know they're not the original chloros, but still..

hopefully we get some decent basic colorways of trainers soon.. white/gray/black/pop color is all i want.

ok im back.

some ebay gems:
-one of atleast a dozen signature trainer models continually getting shafted by nike retro. but if its anything like the tw II or sb 2s, nike can continue todo NOTHING. butchering is not an option:

allday allnight, those AT1s are:

2008 Footlocker Euro Exclusive: 310183-071

at the time a year ago, you could get them rather easily at $120. really no demand for these.

size twelve, I remember breaking out my zoom trainers to play some pickup ball a few months back. tinker did such a great job on the design of these, thisolder guy in his 40s thought i was wearing the originals. he instantly recognized them, even though the zooms were an inspiration shoe, the blending andincorporating of new materials and technlogies was executed so well. thats the type of story I would tell tinker personally. I then had to explain to him thewhole nike release process. "the originals were remade in 2000 and are pretty hard to get now in 09, but there is also a 2002 and 2008 release but thosewere exclusive to asia, canada, and australia." Old dude just wanted some $90 dollar shoes and to be done with it.. to walk into a local retailer and buya general release.. shoes arent just shoes anymore man, sorry to break it to you like that. lol. breaking down stuff like this to normal people is not ideal atall.

what are ya'll thoughts on the manny trainers coming out as a GR in various colors? i see them as a mix between the not too popular edge trainer series andthe zoom trainers from 04. without the limited supply in these, i think they fall through the cracks.. so do the GRs fall through the cracks?
grin.gif
I heard manny didnt even train in these, and that the manny poster wasphotoshopped. talk about great marketing.. prices that triumph over every single nike cross trainer in atleast a decade with those prices.. signed mcenroematch worn shoes would barely reach $700, let alone $750-800, the price of the mannys

AllDay AllNight - The first pair is a UK-exclusive that came out (I think) last year... they popup on ebay every now and then. As for the Safari's, trynapsize.com

Wally, i never saw those Volt trainers until they were posted ere, def never hit FL in Australia.

I want them badly, best CW since the OG.

I assume they're Volt.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

ok im back.

some ebay gems:
-one of atleast a dozen signature trainer models continually getting shafted by nike retro. but if its anything like the tw II or sb 2s, nike can continue to do NOTHING. butchering is not an option:

allday allnight, those AT1s are:

2008 Footlocker Euro Exclusive: 310183-071

at the time a year ago, you could get them rather easily at $120. really no demand for these.

size twelve, I remember breaking out my zoom trainers to play some pickup ball a few months back. tinker did such a great job on the design of these, this older guy in his 40s thought i was wearing the originals. he instantly recognized them, even though the zooms were an inspiration shoe, the blending and incorporating of new materials and technlogies was executed so well. thats the type of story I would tell tinker personally. I then had to explain to him the whole nike release process. "the originals were remade in 2000 and are pretty hard to get now in 09, but there is also a 2002 and 2008 release but those were exclusive to asia, canada, and australia." Old dude just wanted some $90 dollar shoes and to be done with it.. to walk into a local retailer and buy a general release.. shoes arent just shoes anymore man, sorry to break it to you like that. lol. breaking down stuff like this to normal people is not ideal at all.

what are ya'll thoughts on the manny trainers coming out as a GR in various colors? i see them as a mix between the not too popular edge trainer series and the zoom trainers from 04. without the limited supply in these, i think they fall through the cracks.. so do the GRs fall through the cracks?
grin.gif
I heard manny didnt even train in these, and that the manny poster was photoshopped. talk about great marketing.. prices that triumph over every single nike cross trainer in atleast a decade with those prices.. signed mcenroe match worn shoes would barely reach $700, let alone $750-800, the price of the mannys

I played hard in these in JHS. Comfy though I must admit.

If anybody is ever selling Air Trainer 1 SB's (the original colorway), let me know. I really need those back in my life. I absolutely demolished thosethings when I had them. Sz. 10.

Had some extra time on my hands.. Instead of flooding the boards strictly here with 20-25 photos, i threw them on a website... Rarely can you even find photosof some of these shoes, let alone in depth coverage.

http://wallyhopp.googlepages.com/nikectsc
-First Update is the 2004 zoom trainer 1 mid, in honor of nike throwing it under the bus during the all might "nike global training event".

Everything about that shoe screams NEW AGE combined with an old school look. When will it gets its due?? how bout now. It's truly built for the gym andEVERY use in the gym, unlike the new trainer 1, which looks quite flimsy in the ankle area for court sports. 3/4 cut to high cut trainers simply don'texist with this rare exception.

Much like the sparq line that supposedly was built to counter UnderArmour and its 3 shoe "trainer" lineup. UA sounded more like a traditional companywith "running" and "basketball" shoes. Different subsets/genres.. I talked with some guys about this. To me the whole sparq line was agimmick in and of it self if you take the word "training" historically and try to apply it in this new age. It just doesn't work. All focus wentinto DRILLS regarding speed and agility in the training genre and all focus was lost on actual gym rats.. This new trainer appears to TRY And blend the twotogether but I feel it will have little use for a normal person at the gym performing sport activities. That's what makes the zt1 '04 so special in myeyes. That shoe still holds true to the roots of what "cross training" was.

If you look closely the roots of cross training defye any sort of profit making business sense, in theory. " You want to create a shoe that essentiallyreplaces 3-4 other nikes from that persons possession. The trainer did so well that wasnt even a problem. Now though, they are pushing out more and moresubsets of "trainers" that its almost to a point where you need 3-4 trainers to "train" in.. I hope this new trainer 1 can break thattrend.

oooo... a Trainer blog. I dig.

And a follow-up to Wally's comments... yes, the last true trainer that holds true to their predecessors. Like these Trainer 1's, I guanantee that ifthey had used a bunch of athletes for the promo, it would have been considered to be a modern day classic. Damn shame.

I bought a pair of the 2004 zoom trainer 1 mid since it reminded me so much of the original AM Trainer 1 I had in middle school. I don't know what happenedto my pair though.

OO trainers are lookin pretty fresh right now...especially those optimus'..any1 wanna sell me there optimus trainers?
pimp.gif
nice trainers everyone btw

were there ever any other colorways of the zoom trainer one besides the chloros?

i seem to remember there was at least one more but i can't seem to remember.. something with blue, i think?

Originally Posted by 255forLife

were there ever any other colorways of the zoom trainer one besides the chloros?

i seem to remember there was at least one more but i can't seem to remember.. something with blue, i think?
there was atleast 4 others that i know of:

all released in mid 2004 to mid 2005

baroque brown nubuck with nylon and leather:
pic001.jpg

black/graphite:
zoom_trainer1_blk.jpg
zoom_trainer1_blk_8.jpg

-The upper was leather meanwhile the toebox was a softer duller leather, complete opposite of the white/gry/mean green c.w

lance armstrong edition:
61e25fe4aa68cc90cf2b2e8a6732dc4a89ea7ed.jpg

"gentlemen's pack" featuring a high quality leather and a heel material from that of tailored suit
bd015f4563cdcdb8b845544086dc8f20e91f8dd.jpg

Sample that I think never released
9ca2587442653ceccd3b85e84a316ef9d84fb0b.jpg

You might be thinking of the gentlemen's pack or possibly the newer tennis trainers that did come in three c/ws:
324753101.jpg
nike-air-zoom-tennis-trainer-1.jpg
6219-722581-p.jpg

i was definitely thinking of that white/gray/blue pair..

and i think i'd like the classic chloro-style blocking with infra, orange, laser blue.. any pop color, really..

but now those lance armstrongs are whispering soft nothings in my ear..

Back
Top Bottom