TEAM FITNESS OFFICIAL NUTRITION THREAD

My parent's got McDonalds Egg and Sausage with cheese for breakfast. I been on a diet since the New Years, and this crap was just greasy and gross
sick.gif
, ihaven't ate this since since a month or so ago.

also had non fat milk and a banana

I thought I was the only one that ate oatmeal with whey protein and natural peanut butter. I love this, eat it every day.

to be honest mayor, i thought you were pretty annoying for a minute but after seeing your outlook on fitness, i +%%$ with you. you can take your shots orwhatever but you asked for people to provide input and i'll do so to help out all the fellow dudes who wanna stay in shape.

it's much more cost effective and nutritious to cook than it is to order out so i basically cook every day and i also try to stay away from the expensiveorganic food spots like whole foods because it's a bit expensive so..

for breakfast, i usually eat special k and fruit (bananas, oranges and apples are my favorites). most people will say special k is disgusting and i oncethought so too but it comes in great flavors. the best ones are the fruit & yogurt and the almond kind. i could eat bowls of this for breakfast, lunch anddinner to be honest.. it's a great cereal and the only one i've messed with since i started exercising.

i buy several bags of dole salads and eat them for lunch. they're a little expensive (like $5 for one bag and it adds up when you buy a bunch at once) andfor some reason, i only find them in super wal-marts of my area. once again, they have every type of salad you can imagine, including crutons and dressing (ifnecessary) in the bag. this can get a bit mundane after a while so i buy (frozen) tyson diced chicken from the market also, cook it real quick and throw it inthe salad so it adds a little more flavor.

for dinner, i eat a lot of baked foods like baked fish and chicken. you can google some recipes for these and it can be relatively inexpensive, especially incomparison to buying it from an organic place that charges through the roof. i also eat a lot of pasta with whole wheat bread on the side, too.

i buy these 100 calorie packaged apples and caramel things that have 5 or 6 fresh apple slices and a little container of caramel that i sometimes eat as snacksthroughout the day. it definitely holds me over for a mid-day snack and sometimes, i just eat the sliced apples. they're great.. i stole the idea from mylittle sister.
laugh.gif

i also drink nothing but water.. if i run out and can't get any til the next day or something, i'll drink concentrated juice but nothing more thanthat. it's more out of habit than anything but it's great.. after a while, your body just feels cleaner as a result.

I started a limiting my food intake to about 1500-1800 cals a day
pimp.gif
lost about 5 pounds so far in a week....... What are the chances that I gain back when Iup my intake to about 2000-2500 calories?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

pimp.gif
lost about 5 pounds so far in a week....... What are the chances that I gain back when I up my intake to about 2000-2500 calories?

you probably won't gain any fat, 2200-2500 is really low unless you're like 120 lbs. at that amount of cals you could gradually add some lean mass. for comparison, i'm cutting at around 2000-2200 cals a day and it's melting the weight off.
pimp.gif
alright cool thats reassuring. Im back down to 200, hoping for 190 before I start eating more. Cardio in the morning, plus weights in theafternoon is tearing up my body
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
lost about 5 pounds so far in a week....... What are the chances that I gain back when I up my intake to about 2000-2500 calories?

you probably won't gain any fat, 2200-2500 is really low unless you're like 120 lbs. at that amount of cals you could gradually add some lean mass. forcomparison, i'm cutting at around 2000-2200 cals a day and it's melting the weight off.

pimp.gif

you probably won't gain any fat, 2200-2500 is really low unless you're like 120 lbs. at that amount of cals you could gradually add some lean mass. for comparison, i'm cutting at around 2000-2200 cals a day and it's melting the weight off.

Since you're here, how does weight loss work. I didn't keep track of my calorie intake the past week but I burned like 1200 cals. in two days (Wed andFri) at the gym. How much should I look to burn a day/week and how many cals. should I eat. I'm trying to lose a lot of weight. A lot and I'll leave itat that
laugh.gif

Its just so frustrating cuz when I was actually in shape and trying to add mass/strength I was up to 210 and looking good. Then i stopped and got really sloppy
smh.gif
but I'm back at it

rck- nice dude, i'm like 202 right now, trying to cut down a little more. at that weight i'd recommend more than 2000-2500 calories....unless youdon't want to gain any weight (muscle or otherwise) at all once you're done cutting. if you want to gain some weight i'd suggest at LEAST 2700, andmore along the lines of 3000. just make sure it's relatively clean

rko- how much do you weigh? need a starting weight to estimate BMR.

rko- how much do you weigh? need a starting weight to estimate BMR.
PM me
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Lets just say the football coaches liked me for the wrong reasons.
laugh.gif

i think i should redeem myself for the halal quote,

1/2 cup brown/mixed rice and kimchi
2 bananas
1 orange
balled out at a brazilian grill buffet (11.99 weekend lunch, murked)
1 banana

anyone else really like bananas? it feels like the perfect fruit

Originally Posted by kuhui

anyone else really like bananas? it feels like the perfect fruit
I love Bananas. But Oranges/Apples are my usual rotation. But Bananas are
pimp.gif
. Especially in cereal.

Peaches and Nectarines are also up there when in season.

worrrdddd i used to hate the taste of healthier cereals, but throw in some walnuts and a sliced up banana and its money

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

to be honest mayor, i thought you were pretty annoying for a minute but after seeing your outlook on fitness, i +%%$ with you. you can take your shots or whatever but you asked for people to provide input and i'll do so to help out all the fellow dudes who wanna stay in shape.

laugh.gif

its so true though

I had a sammich
2 scoops og 100% whey protein w/skim milk
1 raw egg
after I workout in an hour ill have
1 scoop 100% whey protein w/skim milk
idk

@MCFLYY

1. Special K is GREAT. I never ate it probably because it seems to be geared towards females. Just pay attention to the commercials. Pecan/CInnamon also theVanilla Almond are great flavors.

2. Make your own salad. Prepackaged salad isn't the best way to go. You want to get more of a bang for your buck, make your own salads.

3. Get rid of the apple/caramel packs. Buy real/whole fruit. Can't go wrong with real fruit. Plus the caramel is something you want to stay FAR FAR awayfrom. Always remember that you will pay for labor, so if you buy pre-cut fruit, it will cost more than whole fruit options.

Originally Posted by YoungSole93

I had a sammich
2 scoops og 100% whey protein w/skim milk
1 raw egg
after I workout in an hour ill have
1 scoop 100% whey protein w/skim milk
idk
No offense, but is there a reason why you just don't eat REAL FOOD after you work out as opposed to the protein?

Back
Top Bottom