Teen arrested for using thousands wrongly deposited into his account

No because it's the banks money in the first place.

Going to have call duck tales on those two stories as well. For the army dude once they noticed the mistake they'd call your bank and have the wire reversed. For blaster once the teller noticed his drawer short $200 at the end of the night if he saw your immediate deposit of $200 right after he could easily just rewrite the withdrawal ticket for your account and pull it right back out w/o asking you.

Wire what? She gave me cash, I wasn't the only person all day to do a cash withdrawal., could of happened at anytime How would they pin point me? Who's to say I didn't have my own 200? Call duck tales if you want, I got my free 200.

Scroll up man.

Teller should be fired and bank should eat the loss since it was their mistake.
mean.gif

Sucks for the dude.

It was a mistake by the teller.

Kid stole. Money wasn't his. Not sure why he wouldn't think to at least notify the bank when he saw the extra cash in his account.

Same thing happened to me when I was in college. Had 18K put into my account. Let the bank know ASAP, and they corrected the mistake.

I woulda done the same thing if i found thousands in my account at 18, money probly woulda been gone in a week :smh: :lol:

Kid knew money was not his but proceeded to spend it at car dealership and other places. Idiot.

i'm actually in a similar predicament right now.....

My old internship kept depositing checks into my account for about 2 months after I left.

I didn't notice till about a month later so I spent a good chunk of the money.

I notified them.

They tallied everything up and are now telling me to pay it back.

I don't have all the funds.

I am now recieving phone calls from Collection Agencies.

Ughhhhhhh.

My old internship kept depositing checks into my account for about 2 months after I left.
I notified them.
Ughhhhhhh.
how much they give u :nerd:

I notified them.
Ughhhhhhh.

Bruh when you noticed your checking account getting its wins up out of the blue that didn't set off any red flags?

I notified them.
Ughhhhhhh.

Bruh when you noticed your checking account getting its wins up out of the blue that didn't set off any red flags?
:lol: im sayin i notice if my account off by $5

how difficult is it to walk back into the bank and tell them money deposited wasnt his. they couldve fixed this simple mistake, instead, he wanted to spend money that he knowingly knew did not belong to him.

this isnt "lost" money and the kid found it and spent it. it was put into wrong acct.

Last edited:
How exactly is this theft?
Because someone parks their Benz in your driveway does not mean it's yours.

It's no where close to the same thing. Also I'm not looking for good samaritan, pc answers. I want to know how exactly they defined this as theft? My guess is they could only classify it as such because he confessed

EDIT: The car comparisons are no where close to money transfers rules and laws ... it's a bit more simplified ... a bit more black and white (the car examples)

The problem is the the 25k amount is too eye popping for you guys. But say the kid was a millionaire had 200k in his account and emptied it. While the amount they're claiming is 10k. How exactly do they prove that he stole the 10k? How can they define this as him knowingly committing theft?

Like I said before most likely he confessed, but if as soon as they contacted him he got a lawyer ...........

Anyways nevermind guys .... Either way I don't see any bankers getting charged with theft for the millions they misappropriated

To jump in on nawghty's point ... What about when a bank goes bust ... after its CEOs have already jettisoned with their millions

All I would like to know is for all the loopholes available to bankers, how without the kid confessing this is clearly defined as theft?

Last edited:
You should look at your bank's terms of agreement, most overlooked item when opening up a bank account.

There should be a clause that states the outlines should an account be incorrectly credited on what to do.

Besides it is the right thing to do when a bank makes the error to return the money so if they do find the discrepancy, you wouldn't be screwed for spending money that didn't belong to you. The bank can also mess with you and file a complaint to the credit bureaus and your credit will be hit hard.

Not worth it IMO.

Be warned my brothas.

If the valet rolls up with a Benz and hands you the keys and you take it knowing damn well you drive a hyundai, is it not theft?

Perfect analogy.

Teller errors happen ALL THE TIME.

I'm surprised that there are actually people on here who don't understand why this is stealing. 18 yo was a dummy. Now he's going to face the consequences for being dishonest.

Back
Top Bottom