Teen arrested for using thousands wrongly deposited into his account

that's dumb, the teller should be responsible (fired, and should pay back), yea mistakes happen but this is just carelessness. the bank should repay some of the losses and the 18 year old should have known better but I don't blame him 
laugh.gif

At 18, I wouldn't have noticed if that much was deposited in my account, never really checked my account balance back then.

I hope the teller was fired though

Last edited:
He had to snitch on himself..... He can beat this charge , all he have to do is get a family friend to say I told him I was going to deposit some money for him as a gift during the same week he got the money.. Case dismissed

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes I feel like a few of these threads are a modern-day version of The Magic Hour.

*edit*

Why in the world would the teller be fired? You want the waiter fired when they **** up your order in a restaurant? Mistakes happen. Stealing shouldn't.

Last edited:
dollars is a simple mistake...$31,000...someone has to take the flack for that error

I wouldn't spend that $, I'd tell the bank they made a mistake and that they have 30 days to fix it. I'd get a lawyer and all that just in case

He had to snitch on himself..... He can beat this charge , all he have to do is get a family friend to say I told him I was going to deposit some money for him as a gift during the same week he got the money.. Case dismissed

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes I feel like a few of these threads are a modern-day version of The Magic Hour.

*edit*

Why in the world would the teller be fired? You want the waiter fired when they **** up your order in a restaurant? Mistakes happen. Stealing shouldn't.

:rofl: I'm sating, but usually above $100 and you're already getting chewed out. $31000?? That's a loss. All on the manager though and how much sway the supervisor has if they liked them.

It really was an honest mistake since they had similar identities but when I got big *** checks I made sure to take things slow. Anything less than $5K was muscle memory

Last edited:
Kinda had a situation like this happen to me. I deposited two of my work checks by taking a picture of them through the bank app they cleared but my mom saw the checks in my room and took them to the bank to deposit them and they cleared there also. So I basically got paid twice I told them and they eventually took the money back and then hit me with a 10 dollar fee

Imma just come at you respectfully b.

If I found money in my account imma spend it too. And they ain't getting it back neither. I'd just play dumb.
Me too. I would flip it first of all or buy something that would make me even more money, At least i could then pay the bank back

Or hid it and took out 5k for a lawyer to protect me

It amazes me that people get held liabke legally... the only people that should be liablw are the bank that made the mistake...
Exactly. Account holder could had thought somebody gave him a gift,refund,surprise,won giveaway.. Who knows. If it is in his account really it is legally his

This would fail instantly. It's the teller that made the mistake, is on camera making the mistake. Every deposited check is accompanied by a deposit ticket showing that the person whom deposits the check was there. When his signature is on the back of the check and possibly the deposit ticket that would get shot down as soon as it's brought up.

It's no where close to the same thing. Also I'm not looking for good samaritan, pc answers. I want to know how exactly they defined this as theft? My guess is they could only classify it as such because he confessed

EDIT: The car comparisons are no where close to money transfers rules and laws ... it's a bit more simplified ... a bit more black and white (the car examples)

The problem is the the 25k amount is too eye popping for you guys. But say the kid was a millionaire had 200k in his account and emptied it. While the amount they're claiming is 10k. How exactly do they prove that he stole the 10k? How can they define this as him knowingly committing theft?

Like I said before most likely he confessed, but if as soon as they contacted him he got a lawyer ...........

Anyways nevermind guys .... Either way I don't see any bankers getting charged with theft for the millions they misappropriated

To jump in on nawghty's point ... What about when a bank goes bust ... after its CEOs have already jettisoned with their millions

All I would like to know is for all the loopholes available to bankers, how without the kid confessing this is clearly defined as theft?

He had to snitch on himself..... He can beat this charge , all he have to  do is get a family friend to say I told him I was going to deposit some money for him as a gift during the same week he got the money.. Case dismissed

Again this wouldn't work. Any delay there was reporting this error you can be guaranteed the bank was internally investigating from the jump. At the end of the day and periodically throughout it, tellers have to run 'work' which is basically a computer verification system that makes sure everything matches up and prints a log of everything that happened that day and every specific transaction. Old dude probably sent the check in with a blank deposit ticket and the teller picked the wrong whatever his name was when he was looking up the account number. Simple mistake that happens a lot more than most think it's just usually caught and corrected that same day.

There wasn't a snowballs chance in hell he'd ever get away with spending that money or beating the case.

Last edited:
Yes.

I wouldv'e spent the money having no care in the world if I was in that situation too.

This would fail instantly. It's the teller that made the mistake, is on camera making the mistake. Every deposited check is accompanied by a deposit ticket showing that the person whom deposits the check was there. When his signature is on the back of the check and possibly the deposit ticket that would get shot down as soon as it's brought up.
Again this wouldn't work. Any delay there was reporting this error you can be guaranteed the bank was internally investigating from the jump. At the end of the day and periodically throughout it, tellers have to run 'work' which is basically a computer verification system that makes sure everything matches up and prints a log of everything that happened that day and every specific transaction. Old dude probably sent the check in with a blank deposit ticket and the teller picked the wrong whatever his name was when he was looking up the account number. Simple mistake that happens a lot more than most think it's just usually caught and corrected that same day.

There wasn't a snowballs chance in hell he'd ever get away with spending that money or beating the case.
How do you know?  If a boy can get away with a DUI murder of how many was it in Texas 4 people, you really think this dude cant get away with this simple bank problem??

There is a reason your not a lawyer

So if your grandpa said hey grandson, as a gift for graduation Im going to send you a surprise,some money to your bank. grand son say ok here is my routing bank number..

3 days later he have 35k......Naw grandson think his grandpa sent it

come on son it dont matter what is on camera or who deposited the check, Im not saying he will not have to repay it , im saying he can get off the criminal charge easily and most people hate banks. Take this case to the jury trial and he is almost 100% sure a win

That is why it is important to keep your mouth shut and the lawyer do the talking, if he get somebody to vouch this story he will get off, he probably will get off anyways if he take it to a jury trial because most people hate greedy banks and this is exactly how they will see it

So if your grandpa said hey grandson, as a gift for graduation Im going to send you a surprise,some money to your bank. grand son say ok here is my routing bank number..

3 days later he have 35k......Naw grandson think his grandpa sent it

come on son it dont matter what is on camera or who deposited the check, Im not saying he will not have to repay it , im saying he can get off the criminal charge easily and most people hate banks. Take this case to the jury trial and he is almost 100% sure a win

That is why it is important to keep your mouth shut and the lawyer do the talking, if he get somebody to vouch this story he will get off, he probably will get off anyways if he take it to a jury trial because most people hate greedy banks and this is exactly how they will see it
Your disconnect with reality is downright embarrassing. Yes I am in the legal field and everything you typed only makes sense to someone who wears a helmet and rides a short bus.

:rofl: superb superb somebody tell me he's clowning on purpose or trolling? Nobody can be that daft.

If he was a brotha they'd have him in the electrical chair by now
Black ppl have done this before. Same punishment; pay back what you spent or be imprisoned.

Last edited:
my man wasted no time burning all that paper before they realized the mistake 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@Superb somebody tell me he's clowning on purpose or trolling? Nobody can be that daft.
Black ppl have done this before. Same punishment; pay back what you spent or be imprisoned.
you to have to remember a teen in texas got have the murder of 5 people because he was drunk because he was to spoiled...

and for you to think this teen couldn't get off on this simple bank error with a good lawyer you have to be kidding me.

I'm not saying he wont have to pay back the money. This is a civil lawsuit and not a criminal. Espeically depending on the lawyer and the ability of the teen to keep his mouth shut

Last edited:
laugh.gif
So you are just going to resist arrest/any quesitoning
That is the game plan. keep your mouth shut,let your lawyer do the talking and make up the story/.excuse. Minimize the punishment

I'll take 6 months probation for 35k anyday or even a 35k loan anyday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom