TERMINATOR THREAD - T2 turns 30 July 3

Like it gotta be one of those things where the machines are doing more than trying to kill certain people.. like they’re setting up things for themselves

but at same time they’re giving humans the ability to fight back and maybe eventually win.. since they can’t kill those people in the past since those people being alive in the future is what triggers them going to the past

Only entered this thread cuz I'm like why is the Dark Fate thread on the 1st page of all movies :lol:

The Terminator wasn't meant to be a multi-picture franchise, to be honest.
Pretty much.

Cameron didn't even have a vision for a trilogy. That should tell studios, producers, and any creatives all they need to know to not approach this but Hollywood gonna Hollywood.

If you want this to be a multi-picture franchise you have to really expand the universe and even then at best you get 7 movies out of it with a few really focusing on the war. Not just rehashing the same concepts from the first two movies.

Only a few blockbuster movies today can get away with rehashing the same trash **** for multiple movies (FF).

^ I think it’s doable but clearly not in the way it has been done

needs to be the break down of society the loss of hope for most

but the machines screwing up by sending people back because they can find out who is important and start to build and organize.. so you’re building up to the war and really it’s about planning towards that

there are movies and shows they can use for examples, but clearly not how they’ve been going about it

^ I think it’s doable but clearly not in the way it has been done

needs to be the break down of society the loss of hope for most

but the machines screwing up by sending people back because they can find out who is important and start to build and organize.. so you’re building up to the war and really it’s about planning towards that

there are movies and shows they can use for examples, but clearly not how they’ve been going about it
This is where T2 ends all that build up though. The Machines are capable of learning emotions and CAN coexist with the humans. They should be at that point in the future by now. They have to rehash T2 ripoffs because the story no longer makes sense. They have yet to progress the story in any direction further than the 30ish year old movie.

This is where T2 ends all that build up though. The Machines are capable of learning emotions and CAN coexist with the humans. They should be at that point in the future by now. They have to rehash T2 ripoffs because the story no longer makes sense. They have yet to progress the story in any direction further than the 30ish year old movie.

I think they need to take a ‘the time machine’ approach, the machines cant really accomplish their goals since their goal is the things that trigger them traveling to the past

but I think they could trigger their own demise.. those people could learn and with regard to that element they could even help build their army

cause it makes sense they would have more targets, but those should also fail.. but trying to stop skynet, would also fail.. but the connors and others could organize and convert the terminators sent back that they can and prepare to win

I think they need to take a ‘the time machine’ approach, the machines cant really accomplish their goals since their goal is the things that trigger them traveling to the past. It’s like they’re trying to make titanic 2 over and over again

but I think they could trigger their own demise.. those people could learn and with regard to that element they could even help build their army

cause it makes sense they would have more targets, but those should also fail.. but trying to stop skynet, would also fail.. but the connors and others could organize and convert the terminators sent back that they can and prepare to win
Ehh, don’t know about that
T1 and T2 are completely different movies. That’s part of their brilliance. They tried to go the war route with salvation but fumbled that mess hard. It’s just over

Ehh, don’t know about that
T1 and T2 are completely different movies. That’s part of their brilliance. They tried to go the war route with salvation but fumbled that mess hard. It’s just over

I think they got like 4-5 movies after t2

t3 is after t2 with the connors realizing they didn’t stop shhh and terminators are coming for other targets so them adjusting strategy and preparing for war and the long view and the end is Judgement day (so a better t3 but similar ending).. 4 is the real real downfall of society and aftermath, the children of men type.. then 5 is the war and payoff of all the little stuff

follow planet of the apes in a sense

Predator and Terminator 2 are Top 3 movies for me and I can't believe I'm at a point where I didn't even bother with this last Terminator one. And that's coming from someone who went to see the last Predator movie a couple years ago :smh:

I remember saying this a few weeks ago and sure enough, news broke of Predator 5 so I looked it up. If this is how they start to sell me on a Predator movie, I think I already know where their priorities are. Like I said, the bar for these two franchises are VERY low, but being as that the Predator franchise is Disney now, oh boy...

‘Skulls’ will follow a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/11/2...ted-by-10-cloverfield-lanes-dan-trachtenberg/

It was odd that his wife didn’t realize the guy weighed a ton because of his metal skeleton. he must’ve sat on a few chairs and broke them.

I still have the OG 1984 as my favorite but T2 really had you in awe at the movie theaters. I can still remember sitting in that crowded place being so in love with the special effects. Gasps and all.

It amazes me how much t2 and Jurassic park hold up

I appreciate the OG like I still love jaws.. but you feel how old they are even though they still hold up and are great movies but you can feel their era

but the graphics of T2 and JP are still there all these years later

JP1 is the blueprint on how to make special effects work. Actually, T2 as well 🤷🏽‍♂️. I’d throw predator 1 and alien into that mix too. All still hold up near peefectly.

JP1 is the blueprint on how to make special effects work. Actually, T2 as well 🤷🏽‍♂️. I’d throw predator 1 and alien into that mix too. All still hold up near peefectly.

aliens*

alien is like terminator 1, where they’re both great movies but different genres and they’re almost there

but it’s like jaws and exorcist, where limitations forced greatness

to this day, i believe T2 and TMNT2 are my most watched films because my fam had it on vhs and i just popped it in when bored

funny enough both came out in 1991

I read something in a math textbook, the special effects of the T1000 in T2 was based off the water tentacle in the movie The Abyss, and then that effect was remade for the T1000.
theabyss30th.jpg

Crazy T2 is 30 years old... Remember when it took years for something to come out to n video?

Anyway, I thought the last Terminator was pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom