The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top East teams are just as good as the West. Toronto owns the West so far this season. 7-2
But they lost to the Lakers though...
mean.gif
 they would lose to us

Westbrook and Curry have both flourished in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see what Wall does his second time round after having a rough first time. For now he's definitely racking up assists, and hitting some jumpers, can't criticize him for much this season. 

Last edited:
agreed about wall needing to do something in the playoffs before being considered that dude

curry needs to be able to take this team to at least the conference finals within the next few years or he will be getting that cp0 slander

love to watch both these guys but if you have a cp0 status playoff record you're getting slandered, no bias here 

LOL.

There's a stat that combines box score and adjusts for pace, it's called PER.

Take a look sometime, you might be surprised.

Which doesn't really account for defensive impact. And can overvalue other stats but please, go on

Agreed...

Disagree. :lol:  "Likes of Westbrook" and Wall over Curry is a bit strong. Woah dere. 

Steph may very well end up being the greatest shooter of all time. His value in today's NBA is immeasurable.

That's graat and all, but I like certain things in a PG. I don't feel like my PG has to be an amazing shooter. I look for quality of leadership, ability to get others involved, high IQ, good defender and someone I trust with the game on the line. Also, if his game can translate no matter who he plays for makes a difference. i love Curry as a player, but he would be my 4th or 5th selection if I'm choosing a PG to start my team with.

And I just don't see the gap between Russ and Wall being that large to act like it's impossible for Wall be ahead of him soon. You have to consider being a complete point guard as well.

Last edited:
LOL.

There's a stat that combines box score and adjusts for pace, it's called PER.

Take a look sometime, you might be surprised.

Which doesn't really account for defensive impact. And can overvalue other stats but please, go on

It doesn't overvalue anything.

All it does it take stats from box score, adjusts for pace and spits out a number.

It's not a great way of measuring defensive impact but it's pretty spot on offensively.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Mark Stein, basically the entire Nets roster is now available in trade. Good luck to them finding anyone who can/wants to take on D Will and Joe Johnson's contracts.

I can't believe people thought that old as dirt Nets team was going to give Miami problems, :lol:

According to Mark Stein, basically the entire Nets roster is now available in trade. Good luck to them finding anyone who can/wants to take on D Will and Joe Johnson's contracts.
I will punch myself in the face if any of them end up on the Kings tbh

Agreed...

Disagree. :lol:  "Likes of Westbrook" and Wall over Curry is a bit strong. Woah dere. 

Steph may very well end up being the greatest shooter of all time. His value in today's NBA is immeasurable.

That's graat and all, but I like certain things in a PG. I don't feel like my PG has to be an amazing shooter. I look for quality of leadership, ability to get others involved, high IQ, good defender and someone I trust with the game on the line. Also, if his game can translate no matter who he plays for makes a difference. i love Curry as a player, but he would be my 4th or 5th selection if I'm choosing a PG to start my team with.

I'm confused because Steph does all of those things that you're looking for, :lol:

Agreed...

I'm confused because Steph does all of those things that you're looking for, :lol:

:lol:

That's cause he doesn't play for "Mempis"

It doesn't overvalue anything.

All it does it take stats from box score, adjusts for pace and spits out a number.

It's not a great way of measuring defensive impact but it's pretty spot on offensively.

It doesn't value everything the same way, therefore some things can be overvalued. And thanks for pointing out what we already knew. It doesn't take into account defensive impact. Wall is the better defender and at worst the same offensively. So no, Lowry is not outplaying Wall. Geez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom