The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stein reported the Nets would try to swing any of those guys for something in return, so they could still be competitive.

Let's hope they stick to that and not take the Lakers' trash.

Over the last few seasons, it seems to me that Kevin Durant has developed more of a strong personality. Already this year we got the apparent "Durant trash talks Dwight Howard" incident while Durant was recuperating from his foot injury, and this latest interview appears to fit the mold as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...in-foreign-land-but-not-seeking-any-sympathy/

“I really don’t give a damn what people got to say,” Durant said. “I really don’t care if they cut me slack or they don’t. I’m not looking for no sympathy from nobody. I’m not looking for no praise from nobody. It’s all good, either way with me. I just look for respect from teammates as a player and as a man. That’s what I want. All that other stuff, I learned how to tune that stuff out and not worry about. I used to think about it. ‘Are they going to cut me slack? Do they love me if I play this way.’ I really don’t give a damn.”

Durant, 26, has developed more of an edge as he’s matured in the league, hardened by the disappointment that has come from losing in the NBA Finals in 2012 and having injuries to Westbrook and Serge Ibaka derail Oklahoma City’s chances of getting back the past two seasons. He also understands that four scoring titles and an MVP trophy won’t shield him from criticism after depositing seven seasons into his career without winning a championship ring.

About damn time he's getting that type of attitude.

Last edited:
You don't.

You tell me PER doesn't factor in defense, I agreed.

You tell me PER overvalues things, it doesn't.

You tell me Wall is as good as Lowry offensively, he isn't.

Go check the PER and tell me where Lowry is and then tell me where Wall is.

But since Lowry is higher on that list, you'll come back in here spewing garbage telling me stats don't matter when it was you that brought up stats in the first place.

Wrong. I told you PER overvalued some stats it does. In specific, scoring. You can score inefficiently and have a higher PER than a more efficient scorer based on where your shots are taken and if you're scoring at a higher clip. In any case, Lowry is a bit higher rated largely because of his slightly higher scoring. Wall does everything else at the same clip or better. That is factual. Heck I'll even accept that it's a matter of opinion. But like I said please go on with what you were saying about how Wall isn't close or Lowry is better.

Last edited:
This guy 
laugh.gif

You don't.

You tell me PER doesn't factor in defense, I agreed.

You tell me PER overvalues things, it doesn't.

You tell me Wall is as good as Lowry offensively, he isn't.

Go check the PER and tell me where Lowry is and then tell me where Wall is.

But since Lowry is higher on that list, you'll come back in here spewing garbage telling me stats don't matter when it was you that brought up stats in the first place.

Wrong. I told you PER overvalued some stats it does. In specific, scoring. You can score inefficiently and have a higher PER than a more efficient scorer based on where your shots are taken and if you're scoring at a higher clip. In any case, Lowry is a bit higher rated largely because of his slightly higher scoring. Wall does everything else at the same clip or better.

Ok.

Except Lowry scores more, shoots better from everywhere and turns the ball over less than half as much as Wall does.

You realize all these things go into PER, correct?

Or do %'s and TO's not matter to you?

I'm not even sure why I'm asking, of course they don't.

Why would you want to be more efficient from the floor while turning the ball over less?

That's silly.

Another thing that's funny to me is you keep bringing up defense, as if Lowry isn't one of the best defensive PG's in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't consider him elite in all of those areas. When thinking about playing against the Warriors, I'm more worried about Curry's shooting than anything. He doesn't scare me in other category. I don't fear that he will take my PG out the game with his defense, I don't fear that he will get the rest of the team going, etc. It's simply his shooting I'm worried about.

And no I wouldn't take Conley over Curry.

Yeah...but his shooting is a universe destroying singularity inducing gravity wrecking skill.

Everything NBA defenses are trained to do collapses the minute Curry steps on the floor, it really doesn't matter what his other skill are at this point, that alone is enough.

I also think you are underrating his passing.

Curry is the MVP right imo.

Last edited:
Also Kyle Lowry> John Wall.

The recent history of the NBA is pretty clear, it is VERY difficult to field an above average offense with a PG who can't shoot threes not matter how good his passing is.

History suggests this gets worse come playoff time, the Wiz had by FAR the wort offensive rating of any team that made it to round 2 in the playoffs.

John Wall makes up for it with his defense, but ultimatlley I think the offensive gap is wide enough to say Kyle is better.

Over the last few seasons, it seems to me that Kevin Durant has developed more of a strong personality. Already this year we got the apparent "Durant trash talks Dwight Howard" incident while Durant was recuperating from his foot injury, and this latest interview appears to fit the mold as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...in-foreign-land-but-not-seeking-any-sympathy/
About damn time he's getting that type of attitude.

Pretty understandable he'd turn in that direction when the newspaper in his own town basically called him a choker last year.

Sucks that an Eastern Conference team has to be in the Finals.  Would love to see something like a GSW-OKC Finals. Or Spurs-OKC or Spurs-GSW. 

I thought Chris Paul would start declining but he might be having the best season of his career. His shooting has been lights how.

He's defdeclined as a finisher in the paint, but his mid range jump shooting has picked up the slack.

CP3 is shooting .58% from 16 feet out, that has to regress eventually, well have to see how he reacts when it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom