The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

While he hasn't been perfect, I think he gets too much flack. I think being the son to Jerry Buss and being reserved has made him a target more than some of his misfires with Kupchak.

The Nash deal and not trading Dwight were pretty huge blunders no matter which way you cut it.
nash had a decent season the year before so it was a calculated risk that just didnt workout

unless you're talking about his contract in which case yeah that was a pretty huge blunder

nash had a decent season the year before so it was a calculated risk that just didnt workout

unless you're talking about his contract in which case yeah that was a pretty huge blunder

I'm talking about his contract not trading for him.

You don't give that deal to a 70 year old PG who's already given his prime years to two organizations.

Im pretty sure bosh signed with the Heat Knowing that LeBron was gonna be on that team...after that they didn't have any money to sign any really good FA's :lol:. Great players have clearly had issues with Kobe.

I hate to see my guy Kobe go out like this tho :smh:

I'm talking about his contract not trading for him.

You don't give that deal to a 70 year old PG who's already given his prime years to two organizations.

his body, particularly his back, was done. they were gambling on the idea of dwight/nash/kobe combo, just didnt work out. you take that risk when bringing in dwight to win now at that time

Last edited:
His back was always done. It was the broken leg and ensuing nerve issues that screwed everything up.

His back was always done. It was the broken leg and ensuing nerve issues that screwed everything up.

im not sure, but wasnt his leg fine until he got injured on a play where he bumped his knee? his back problem was "manageable"

It's pretty ******* annoying when ESPN decides to dedicate a week to one of their favorite athletes when there's nothing of relevance to speak about w/ them at that particular moment. It's like the people in charge sat in a meeting and went, "Yup, it's Kobe's turn this week."

For those who don't give a rat's *** about Kobe being the devil or w/e...nothing you can do but wait until it passes and ESPN decides to target someone else, hopefully in a sport you don't care as much for.

Last edited:
Cats just aint got the work ethic of Kobe, they just not built like that does it offend others sure but is he wrong or should he change for that Hell No thats why hes so great. Working out for hrs when folks sleeping tells you the determination. Cats just want a runway and have everything handed to them it dont work like that fam you should never settle cats make millions of dollars and settle once they in the league and forget you just getting started, this man has won CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS and still wants more CHIPS cant hate the man for that and if you aint about that Life then F off its really that simple.....trust me if most stars in the league had that ethic they would be superstars but im SCHLEEPPP tho

Last edited:

It's pretty ******* annoying when ESPN decides to dedicate a week to an athlete when there's nothing of relevance to speak about with them at that particular moment. It's like the people in charge sat in a meeting and went, "Yup, it's Kobe's turn this week."

For those who don't give a rat's *** about Kobe being the devil or w/e...nothing you can do but wait until it passes and ESPN decides to target someone else, hopefully in a sport you don't care as much for.
i would take nonstop kobe slander over this 24/7 NHL programing any day of the week

While he hasn't been perfect, I think he gets too much flack. I think being the son to Jerry Buss and being reserved has made him a target more than some of his misfires with Kupchak.
Kupchak has gotten quite the free pass. Team constantly trades it draft picks and hasn't drafted well either lately. 

It's not just slander either. The slobfest applies too. All about how they feel like portraying that person during "their week". 

Can't draft well when you don't have (first round) draft picks. :lol:

He's done about what is expected in regards to the second rounders all things considered. Evem got two pieces in Sacre and Kelly.

Last edited:
Skip Bayless got in on the Kobe "fun" with some pretty terrible views about the sexual assault case, which sound like they might get him suspended. I guess they did decide it was Kobe's turn this week.

bron looking frail. he was huge in he og big 3 pic. like robocop. homie needs to up dem carbs asap.

Kupchak has gotten quite the free pass. Team constantly trades it draft picks and hasn't drafted well either lately. 

True but he does do a great job picking up young guys through trades and FA that has contributed to the team.

Ariza
Shannon
Jordan Hill
Earl Clark
Meeks
X

Should be an interesting season, can't wait. Sumner games helped Kyrie tremendously confidence wise. Rose looking good. I still feel like the Spurs are the team to beat.

Summer games helped Kyrie?
More like having a knock down Long ball threat in Love. Even if the Cavs didn't add Bron and just added Love, this team could make noise in the East

what really good player has signed with the cavs/heat as a FA in the lebron era? 

what really good player has signed with the spurs as a FA in the duncan era?

its the same for all these all time greats, they have great organizations build great teams around them usually via trade. i dont see why there needs to be an article about how kobe doesnt attract big name free agents when none of these superstars do. 

bulls drafted pip and traded for rodman, what really good player signed with the bulls as a FA in the jordan era?

Fair points.

But Ray Allen, Mike Miller and Shane Battier were all pretty significant FA signings by the Heat when LeBron was there. Now you have Miller and Marion -- and probably Allen -- joining the Cavs. None of these guys may have been stars when the signed, but were (should be) significant role players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom