The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty ******* annoying when ESPN decides to dedicate a week to one of their favorite athletes when there's nothing of relevance to speak about w/ them at that particular moment. It's like the people in charge sat in a meeting and went, "Yup, it's Kobe's turn this week."

For those who don't give a rat's *** about Kobe being the devil or w/e...nothing you can do but wait until it passes and ESPN decides to target someone else, hopefully in a sport you don't care as much for.

Wish ESPN didn't have such a monopoly on sports broadcasting, we deserve better.

Watch FS1.

Skip Bayless got in on the Kobe "fun" with some pretty terrible views about the sexual assault case, which sound like they might get him suspended. I guess they did decide it was Kobe's turn this week.

That's just unnecessary. A 10 year old criminal case has no relevance to anything that's going on now. That's even a higher level of trolling for Skip than usual.

what really good player has signed with the cavs/heat as a FA in the lebron era? 

what really good player has signed with the spurs as a FA in the duncan era?

its the same for all these all time greats, they have great organizations build great teams around them usually via trade. i dont see why there needs to be an article about how kobe doesnt attract big name free agents when none of these superstars do. 

bulls drafted pip and traded for rodman, what really good player signed with the bulls as a FA in the jordan era?
Fair points.

But Ray Allen, Mike Miller and Shane Battier were all pretty significant FA signings by the Heat when LeBron was there. Now you have Miller and Marion -- and probably Allen -- joining the Cavs. None of these guys may have been stars when the signed, but were (should be) significant role players.
yeah of course for a team to win a championship there have to be key free agent signings, and a major part of being able to sign free agents is to have an enticing team to play for. i honestly dont remember how we got most of our key role players during those two championship runs but there are guys like ron artest and fish that came to LA because they wanted to play with kobe. any superstar/all time great that has won multiple championships has done so because other good players wanted to play with him. kobe has said himself that his mentality and personality isnt for anyone and that might turn some people off when trying to figure out what team they want to sign with but at the end of the day he has been able to attract enough talent to win multiple championships and as a lakers fan thats more than enough from my superstar franchise player.

mitch did a great job putting those teams together, just like pat riley did with the heat. it makes no sense to downplay a superstar's personal accomplishments just because they were "lucky" or had "too much help"

i would take nonstop kobe slander over this 24/7 NHL programing any day of the week
That's what you get for being Canadian.
Alonzo-Mourning.gif

Another kobe fan not liking the truth being spoke out loud.

Listen if kobe wanted to win so bad why did he run off dwight? Why didn't he take a pay cut? Why ain't one free agent come to laker land this off season?

:nerd: at the SN. Can it be .... again ...?

Cats just aint got the work ethic of Kobe, they just not built like that does it offend others sure but is he wrong or should he change for that Hell No thats why hes so great. Working out for hrs when folks sleeping tells you the determination. Cats just want a runway and have everything handed to them it dont work like that fam you should never settle cats make millions of dollars and settle once they in the league and forget you just getting started, this man has won CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS and still wants more CHIPS cant hate the man for that and if you aint about that Life then F off its really that simple.....trust me if most stars in the league had that ethic they would be superstars but im SCHLEEPPP tho

Another kobe fan not liking the truth being spoke out loud.

Listen if kobe wanted to win so bad why did he run off dwight? Why didn't he take a pay cut? Why ain't one free agent come to laker land this off season?

you made this account just to say this huh? like you legit created a profile to ruffle feathers. lol.

Oct 28, 2014. Number 5 goes up in the raffters. Seven years plus 6 but it's finally here. Home. :pimp:

Appropriate this is happening around Halloween. This guy comes back more than Jason and Michael Meyers combined.

you made this account just to say this huh? like you legit created a profile to ruffle feathers. lol.

ESPN is doing thier job correct, no more hiding from the boogy man anymore Free. Kobe sign that contract. 48.5. Now sit down and enjoy the fall of a once great franchise ruin thanks to the cancer kobe. Killing Jerry buss in the process. :smh:

View media item 1226932

Is it scary that "Kobe Bryant was the real reason for jerry buss' death" sounds like a possible espn news story at this point?

Man I don't know for sure but I guarantee if you look back at those Laker chips they had big name FA signings just like Lebron had with Allen Miller and Battier.

This comment saying Kobe never attracted FAs "sounds" absurd.

Again I don't know for sure but if you go back and look I bet you will find names bigger than Allen Miller Battier that were FAs and signing with Lakers.
They had too many good role players to not have this be true

Foxes, Eddie Jones, Horrys, Artests, Fishers, Artests etc

Last edited:
The Cleveland Cavaliers and Turner Sports will bring a free fan event and viewing party to downtown Cleveland’s Gateway District.

The Cleveland Cavaliers will tipoff the most anticipated season in the team’s history on Thursday night October 30th when they host the New York Knicks as part of TNT’s national broadcast of NBA Opening Week.

To commemorate the evening, Turner Sports and the Cavs will host a free fan event outside Quicken Loans Arena that will feature a musical performance by hip-hop recording artist Kendrick Lamar, as well as appearances by the Cavalier Girls dance team, the Scream Team hip-hop troupe and more. Once the Cavs game begins, the event will serve as a viewing party for fans with the TNT broadcast featured on the massive video boards that will be set up in the space.

The free event will be open to the public beginning at 4:00 p.m. in the Huron (Stark) parking lot (directly across the street from The Q). Turner Sports will feature footage from the event and Kendrick Lamar’s performance, within the hour-long TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com. With a special guest appearance by Kevin Hart and NBA TV’s Inside Stuff host Kristen Ledlow, the special will air at 7:00 p.m. ET before TNT’s coverage of the Cavaliers vs. Knicks game tips off at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Top Dawg Entertainment recording artist Kendrick Lamar’s latest single “i” is featured in Turner Sports’ promotional campaign highlighting the tip off of the 2014-15 NBA regular season, with a 30-second video currently available at NBA.com.

:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom