The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't hit 30% of his 3s in 3 years. You know how horrible that is? I'll live with wade shooting lightly contested 3s

with a player as good as dwade you're not going to bait him into shooting 3s, if he is more comfortable with mid range shots hes going to get himself in position to shoot midrange shots
simply put.  theres no cheating when guarding players as good as wade.  he's gonna get his regardless what u give him so u might as well play him honest

I have no doubts Bron will be the GOAT as long as he stays healthy into old age.

when you say Goat do you mean in the Peyton Manning way of having the most records?... Because quite frankly he's entering his 11th year in the L and has caught some really REALLY bad playoff/ Finals losses in his career. When your talking Goats your talking, Mike, Magic, Kobe etc etc.... So what quantifies him making the leap over any of these players in your opinion.

Once again his skillset is probably better than any of those players i just mentioned and there is nothing on the court that he can't do. with that said he varies a lil too much for me in moments when his team needs him to showcase those skills. Now before one of ya'll get your skirts in a bunch let's remember your comparing him in the realm of THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER. Not the most skilled but the greatest, when your in that convo playing your best ball on the biggest occasions is probably the biggest indicator of greatness when comparing players who are infinitely skilled.

we'll just agree to disagree. On any given night yeah he can get hot. Over the course of a season, there's more than enough sample size to tell you he isn't a good 3 point shoooter and you're better off letting him shoot it.

another thing with wade is if you're over aggressive on trying to contest his 3 hes just going to pumpfake and get 3 shots 

we'll just agree to disagree. On any given night yeah he can get hot. Over the course of a season, there's more than enough sample size to tell you he isn't a good 3 point shoooter and you're better off letting him shoot it.
yea but he probably not gonna shoot it anyway so then your just giving a great ball handler more room to operate.  some players you can cheat with and force em into bad shots.  wade is not one of them.  

Kobe back 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

My god please tell me it was less then 3 seconds on the clock when this shot was taking.
Bro, that very well could have been his first shot after the opening tip was deflected to him. 
laugh.gif

Even though I find him a front runner, and a fraud of a competitor, and at times hideously corny or unlikable ... LeBron is the 2nd greatest basketball player I've ever seen.  

His resume is already stacked with 4x MVPs, 2x Rings, and 2x Finals MVPs.  He's ONLY 29 still has room to add more to the resume.  He's already firmly in the top ten.  Eclipsed Hakeem, and Kobe on my all-time list.  I think his ceiling is definitively top five all-time.  

In terms of just pure game, talent, ability he's better than Magic, Bird, and Kobe.  2nd best perimeter player ever.  Lack of heart, character, and true competitive fire along with career narrative will keep him from beating out Jordan.  Even if he ends up aging well, and has greater longevity.

Think about how MJ is considered the GOAT, and he played baseball the last 2 years of his prime in '94, and the majority of '95.  Really, truly think about that ...

He already should've won MVP in '89, '90, and '97.  He left 2x potential MVPs, 2x potential Scoring Titles, and 2x potential Rings on the table.  The '94 Bulls with MJ definitely beat Houston.  '95 would be tougher still without an interior defender at the PF position.

Last edited:
That Kobe 3 on 1 pic is misleading. The time was running out at the end of the 1st
= "See what had happened was."

laugh.gif

Considering there are 3 Suns in his face and he's in the corner, there were 4 other Lakers being guarded by 2 other Suns.

But that's none of my business.

I have no doubts Bron will be the GOAT as long as he stays healthy into old age.

Sorry, bro. The fact that Bron has already lost in 3 Finals -- and only won 2 -- automatically puts a dent in his GOAT argument. MJ = undefeated in the Finals, Magic was 5-2, if I'm not mistaken, Bill Russell...etc.

Last edited:
Kobe can do no wrong in my book.

Bron wish he had Kobe's confident and killer instinct.

Bron soft with a bad hairline
Bro,

Kobe is overconfident.  Like a FAT chick in a cut off shirt, and yoga pants.  Getting gassed up by thirsty dudes.

Bean has basketball skill hubris.  Too skilled for his own good.  A double edged sword for his team.  Cockyness that makes him take absolutely stupid shots, no matter the situation.  Game winners?  Forget about it, he jacks it up regardless of open teammates.  That's why his end of game percentages are hideously low.  When he hits these stupid FGA, it's a highlight.  When he doesn't?  He alienates teammates, coaches scratch their head, and it's also why he's never managed to shoot 50% from the field even with a wet jumper.

LeBron can fall into Beta passiveness, yes.  See 2010 ECSF, 2011 Finals, 2013 Finals pre game 7.  He gets shook, and looses confidence in his abilities.  Passing up game winners to much less capable players, but the vast majority of the game he always makes the right basketball play, teammates enjoy playing with him, and he doesn't get sucked into the hero ball cliche.

A more dimensional basketball weapon than Kobe, by slight margin.

The perfect storm, and equilibrium between both mentalities is MJ.

Confidence in game winner over defender?  No problem.  BANG.

Teammate open because of my defensive attention?  No problem, find:  Kerr, Paxson, Wennington, etc.

GOAT gonna GOAT

Last edited:
Even though I find him a front runner, and a fraud of a competitor, and at times hideously corny or unlikable ... LeBron is the 2nd greatest basketball player I've ever seen.  

His resume is already stacked with 4x MVPs, 2x Rings, and 2x Finals MVPs.  He's ONLY 29 still has room to add more to the resume.  He's already firmly in the top ten.  Eclipsed Hakeem, and Kobe on my all-time list.  I think his ceiling is definitively top five all-time.  

In terms of just pure game, talent, ability he's better than Magic, Bird, and Kobe.  2nd best perimeter player ever.  Lack of heart, character, and true competitive fire along with career narrative will keep him from beating out Jordan.  Even if he ends up aging well, and has greater longevity.

Think about how MJ is considered the GOAT, and he played baseball the last 2 years of his prime in '94, and the majority of '95.  Really, truly think about that ...

He already should've won MVP in '89, '90, and '97.  He left 2x potential MVPs, 2x potential Scoring Titles, and 2x potential Rings on the table.  The '94 Bulls with MJ definitely beat Houston.  '95 would be tougher still without an interior defender at the PF position.

Its been a while since I have seen a quality post. I recognize it when I see it. You make great points. But One thing did wrong was hurt batches of fan. The self King thing, Cleveland, and Miami. No matter how much they wanted to hype LBK, Melo, or Bosh, neither of them commanded or will ever command the same amount of attention as MJ.

Its been a while since I have seen a quality post. I recognize it when I see it. You make great points. But One thing did wrong was hurt batches of fan. The self King thing, Cleveland, and Miami. No matter how much they wanted to hype LBK, Melo, or Bosh, neither of them commanded or will ever command the same amount of attention as MJ.
That's what I'm talking about when I refer to career narrative, being a fraud of a competitor, lack of loyalty, possible character issues, etc.  Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

Kobe can do no wrong in my book.

Bron wish he had Kobe's confident and killer instinct.

Bron soft with a bad hairline
Why do you speak like Bizzaro Superman?

Question, 

I know it's hard to measure, but with 3 seconds left, who do you want shooting the ball, Kobe, or a prime Reggie Miller?

Everyone talks about Bryant's killer, but I think Reggie was much deadlier, and far more accurate near the end of a game.

If I am LeBron, Reggie is the guy I talk to in regard to being steady at the end of a game.

I have been trying to suggest this point. Where as guys like Howard, LBJ, etc etc want and need the fan support and acceptance, Bryant doesn‘t seem to care much. Whatever was going on in his mind during those years leading to Denvers incident will always be a mystery. Kobe has used his isolation to get better, to not care, to be the best at the top. This comes with a sacrifice, but this was his only option. He had to show the world, his peers, ESPN, and doubters that he could influence them a certain way, a way in which not too many were willing to do. For Kobe, this was and forever will be his way.

Even PJ said it himself, Kobe worked harder than MJ, because he was THIS way. LBJ, MELO, HOWARD etc are not this way.

Kobe‘s pursue to win others over have now stretched to business ventures.

Even PJ said it himself, Kobe worked harder than MJ, because he was THIS way. 

He had to work twice as hard, in order to be half as good. I have no problem with Bryant's work effort, and it shows, what he has done for himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom