The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the whole cp3 debate.. And those bring up him guarding Durant..

Tall aren't factoring in what the refs allowed him to get away with because he was the smaller 'cp3' guarding durant..

Smaller players are regularly allowed to maul bigger guys, then you factor in it being chris Paul..

But what about that work he was getting from westbrook.. Or what about pretty much any other top flight pg.. There is a reason he wasn't guarding the guy at his own position
Sounds like a bunch of excuses as to why a 7 footer with guard skills couldn't take advantage of a 6 or sub 6 footer

As to the other point, well I think it's pretty evident that Paul isn't a stopper. Westbrook gives work to just about everyone

the genius of cp3 guarding KD was that because it was such a hight advantage they kept forcing it and KD kept struggling 

of course none of that would have happened if KD wasnt made of tissue paper but if it was a 6'6 guy doing that to KD he probably would have tried another approach

but you see a child sized defender on you and you automatically think post up even though it hasnt been working 

Sounds like a bunch of excuses as to why a 7 footer with guard skills couldn't take advantage of a 6 or sub 6 footer

As to the other point, well I think it's pretty evident that Paul isn't a stopper. Westbrook gives work to just about everyone

I'm not a tall dude (I'm 5''9).. But I am pretty fast and quick (ran 10.7 in the 100)..

I played corner and safety in high school.. I knew becaus of my size there was a lot of stuff I could get away with just because of perception.. And I used that to it's fullest advantage, in high school

What do you think about a professional athlete?

Especially someone like chris Paul who pulled this move:

Last edited:
I'm not a tall dude (I'm 5''9).. But I am pretty fast and quick (ran 10.7 in the 100)..

I played corner and safety in high school.. I knew becaus of my size there was a lot of stuff I could get away with just because of perception.. And I used that to it's fullest advantage, in high school

What do you think about a professional athlete?

Especially someone like chris Paul who pulled this move:
What does this have to do with anything

What does this have to do with anything

He's smart.. The second kd tries to back him down, he can flop and kd will be called for a foul.. Or he can play rough with Durant because he's the smaller guy guarding the 7 ft dude

It's the same reason he ran up to Demarcus, as soon as the refs saw him throw his hands up.. Then bias had the opportunity to come into play.. You have the hot head in Demarcus and the choir boy cp3

Same reason tony parker got a foul out of that play posted above.. It's a smart move.. A cheap one.. But a smart one

Last edited:
He's smart.. The second kd tries to back him down, he can flop and kd will be called for a foul.. Or he can play rough with Durant because he's the smaller guy guarding the 7 ft dude

It's the same reason he ran up to Demarcus, as soon as the refs saw him throw his hands up.. Then bias had the opportunity to come into play.. You have the jot head in Demarcus and the choir boy cp3

Same reason tony parker got a foul out of that play posted above.. It's a smart move.. A cheap one.. But a smart one
Paul wasn't flopping against Durant. Durant choked. Brooks choked. CP3 essentially shut down KD. It was just one game

All you're doing is making up things that never happened and excuses.

The flop with Cousins has nothing to do with anything and just shows your bitterness towards him with the choir boy comment

Jordan is absolutely one of the best shooters we've seen. Just cause he didn't shoot the 3, doesn't make him a bad shooter. Crazy efficient midrange.
Co-sign.

We don't have the hard data from MJ in his prime / peak from '88 - '93.  But his numbers from the 2nd three peat, when he scored almost exclusively from mid range w/ jumpers as a 33 - 35 year old ... he's a better shooter percentage wise from mid range than prime / peak Kobe, and better than current LeBron / Durant.  On higher volume as well.

MJ also shot the 3 well when it was given to him.  It's an over blown myth that he couldn't shoot it.  You couldn't sag, he'd make you pay.  He was more efficient a scorer than Kobe, and Durant because he didn't focus on it.  You destroy a defense more getting into the teeth of it, and killing it from the inside - out.

He's the best playoff scorer all-time because teams focus more on defense, the game slows down, less transition baskets, refs swallow the whistle ... more physical play protecting the rim, and teams actually defend the 3 ball.  Thus why Harden's production drops off a cliff in the playoffs.  No easy layups, fouls, or wide open 3s.  Which is his entire game and he's considered the best SG in the game today.

MJ DESTROYED people from mid range like no other player before.  The only people who can compare are Jerry West, and Kobe Bryant.  And neither of them could get to the bucket and finish like Jordan for added versatility. 

His proficiency at the 3 was evident in the 1990 season, and in the '92 Finals when Drexler, and Portland dared him to shoot it.  Jordan didn't focus on that shot because it's fool's gold, and as the best player on a team they need consistent scoring, and playmaking.  Let the niche shooters keep defenses honest from long range.

Smart basketball.

Last edited:
Paul wasn't flopping against Durant. Durant choked. Brooks choked. CP3 essentially shut down KD. It was just one game

All you're doing is making up things that never happened and excuses.

The flop with Cousins has nothing to do with anything and just shows your bitterness towards him with the choir boy comment

Why would I be bitter towards chris Paul?

I actually like the dude.. We share a mutual friend and I've hung out with him a couple times, at his expense..

And more importantly my team won

But, as I've said chris Paul is an extremely smart player.. So I expect him to try and see what he can get away.. As was shown in that video.. If it works, Demarcus at least gets a foul or possibly a tech

If it doesn't, the ref(s) just give paul a warning at the next convenient time

Spurs @ Hornets - Game 7, 2008 NBA playoffs is one of the most entertaining basketball games ever.

Why would I be bitter towards chris Paul?

I actually like the dude.. We share a mutual friend and I've hung out with him a couple times, at his expense..

And more importantly my team won

But, as I've said chris Paul is an extremely smart player.. So I expect him to try and see what he can get away.. As was shown in that video.. If it works, Demarcus at least gets a foul or possibly a tech

If it doesn't, the ref(s) just give paul a warning at the next convenient time
I don't know why you would be bitter, but your points aren't correlating to anything and the choir boy comment made it seem that way.

Again, the video with Cousins has nothing to do with Durant being shut down by a point guard. Paul didn't cheat, didn't flop, didn't do anything but play solid playoff style defense. He wasn't trying to get away with anything against Durant so you aren't making much sense.

Last edited:
I don't know why you would be bitter, but your points aren't correlating to anything and the choir boy comment made it seem that way.

Again, the video with Cousins has nothing to do with Durant being shut down by a point guard. Paul didn't cheat, didn't flop, didn't do anything but play solid playoff style defense. He wasn't trying to get away with anything against Durant so you aren't making much sense.

What are you not understanding?

I can try to use smaller words if you would like..

I'm not chris Paul.. Nor am I kevin durant

However, I am well aware that depending on the circumstances and the individuals involved "solid playoff style defense" has a very sliding scale

And unfortunately or fortunately depending on who you are, that scale can slide either way

I mean it's not like he didn't pull these 2 moves in end of game situations (it was just on the ref to call.. Or not):

View media item 970394View media item 1232092

What are you not understanding?

I can try to use smaller words if you would like..

I'm not chris Paul.. Nor am I kevin durant

However, I am well aware that depending on the circumstances and the individuals involved "solid playoff style defense" has a very sliding scale

And unfortunately or fortunately depending on who you are, that scale can slide either way

I mean it's not like he didn't pull these 2 moves in end of game situations (it was just on the ref to call.. Or not):
Seems like you're the one not understanding.

Paul didn't foul Durant like the photos you posted above.

You were making excuses from the start as to why Paul shut down Durant. Paul didn't have to use any trickery, deception, flopping, fouling or rough play to stop Durant.

All you keep doing is pointing out the things that Paul could have done or could have used to his advantage to stop Durant. You point to Cousins, Westbrook and Curry. Yes those were all errors in those given plays. Paul didn't get away with anything when he shut down Durant. Durant has nobody to blame but himself.

Seems like you're the one not understanding.

Paul didn't foul Durant like the photos you posted above.

You were making excuses from the start as to why Paul shut down Durant. Paul didn't have to use any trickery, deception, flopping, fouling or rough play to stop Durant.

All you keep doing is pointing out the things that Paul could have done or could have used to his advantage to stop Durant. You point to Cousins, Westbrook and Curry. Yes those were all errors in those given plays. Paul didn't get away with anything when he shut down Durant. Durant has nobody to blame but himself.

Actually I was just pointing out the advantage Paul may have in guarding the 'bigger' durant..

And based on your "a 7 footer with guard skills couldn't take advantage of a 6 or sub 6 footer" and "Durant choked" you agree with the premise that he shouldn't be able to do so

As I mentioned, I'm not Paul.. Nor am I Durant.. Hell, I'm not even the refs who were given the responsibility for officiating that game..

However I am also not taking this personally.. As if I have something to gain or lose by what Durant or Paul does and doesn't do..

I enjoy the thunder winning.. As I did when they won the series..

However I do know that Durant does get pushed around by smaller players.. And with certain defenders they are allowed to get away with a bit more than others, like tony allen.. And Durant does benefit greatly from his slim frame because a ton of fouls get called that may not normally be called

I mean you are aware that chris Paul is a smart player.. And that he has committed a foul or two in his career.. He's also gotten away with some stuff here and there..

It's not the end of the world

SphericalInfantileAfricanelephant.gif

Tall aren't factoring in what the refs allowed him to get away with because he was the smaller 'cp3' guarding durant..

Smaller players are regularly allowed to maul bigger guys, then you factor in it being chris Paul..

This is 1000% true. I used to hack the **** out of big dudes in the paint right in front of the refs and they would never call it. Refs favor point guards in general

Last edited:
[Video]Julius Randle Full Highlights NBA PS 2014.10.24 v…:

[Video]Julius Randle Full Highlights NBA PS 2014.10.22 v…:

Julius Blake Randle continues to showcase an array of skills he displayed in high school trash mixtapes and all but abandoned at Kentucky. The perimeter jimmer, taking fools off the bounce, leading the fast break at every opportunity. And he continues to bulldoze these grown men in the paint like everybody said he wouldn't be able to do at this level. Sky is the limit[/Video][/Video]

Last edited:

His proficiency at the 3 was evident in the 1990 season, and in the '92 Finals when Drexler, and Portland dared him to shoot it.  Jordan didn't focus on that shot because it's fool's gold, and as the best player on a team they need consistent scoring, and playmaking.  Let the niche shooters keep defenses honest from long range.
This. 

Yup.

But people will suggest that since they didn't see it happen, they cannot confirm it.

They can only confirm what they have seen, regard of the fact that the whole series is out there for their viewing pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom