The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought OJ could have did something, but when he came to the league its like he forgot how to dribble.

But FR FR he fell way off right when Tony Allen pieced him up over that card money

You shouldn't have. OJ is probably my all time favorite player, but he's literally been the exact same player since like the 11th grade. Undersized 2's who can't get to the rim / free throw line fair...well they fair exactly as OJ has in the league this year.

Literally the only difference between Austin and OJ is that OJ is a pretty good shooter and at times, a supreme shooter.

Ok my bad I meant playoffs.  When the Warriors were in the playoffs he played like 10 mins a game.  He only got the green light because they let BDavis, SJax and Matt Barnes go the same offseason.  They had no one else to play guard, they even tried him at the point.  That was right around the time he got that contract and messed his leg on a scooter or something, but I remember watching them play.  He got minutes, plays run for him everything.  He was good but on a bad team.  And say what you want it wasnt until this year that he "put it all together"  being a good player on a good team.

But regardless of all that, when I say he's like Monta, I mean in position and skill set.  They are both tweener guards who came out early.  They both were unrefined, and you can say Monta is more athletic, but his J was just a broke and his handles always been shaky, that y no one would ever put him at the 1.  All Im saying is if Austin had the same green light early in his career we would saying a different story about him right now.
besides some of the facts you claimed that are clearly wrong, I still don't see the similarities in their games. Monta's J is not broken, maybe he's not a pure shooter but his mid-range game is money, and his handles might not be advance but it doesn't hold his game back one bit. Austin might have fancier handles but there is a lot of wasted motions involved. The reason why Monta isn't playing the 1 isn't his handling ability but he'd rather focus on scoring and he's turnover prone. The amount of points that Monta have scored as a 6'3 SG is absolutely :x :wow: I don't think you realize how talented a player has to be to do the things Monta does and have done, especially considering his sleek and compact size

the reason why he doesn't have the green light is he's flat out not that good and he doesn't have that high of a ceiling.

Last edited:
Chilllll, OJ was 19 in high school! :lol:

And this has nothing to do with your post in particular, but people tend to not realize that OJ lit it up at SC, especially towards the end of his freshman year. He was at like 26 a game on like 55% or something like that over his last 8 to 10 games. However, it was obvious someone with OJ's skillset was destined to be an above average player in the L, despite his name. (Undersized 2, below average athlete, couldn't get to the line)

ok 19 but it still matters, we are way more aware of how age impacts draft projections.

he had a 22.0 per as a 20 year old with a low steal rate. he wasn't that good at usc.

Of course OJ is a bust, dude had work ethic issues and a scandal hovering him about booster club money or something of that nature.  He played for the money, not for the passion.  He looks kinda like Roy Hibbert though,, proally related somehow, because they are both fading fast.  OJ looks a lot older than he really is, proally like Dikembe, put a fake age.

Of course OJ is a bust, dude had work ethic issues and a scandal hovering him about booster club money or something of that nature.  He played for the money, not for the passion.  He looks kinda like Roy Hibbert though,, proally related somehow, because they are both fading fast.  OJ looks a lot older than he really is, proally like Dikembe, put a fake age.

Dawg, your post are mesmerizing...

Dawg, your post are mesmerizing...
hes the best 
laugh.gif

ok 19 but it still matters, we are way more aware of how age impacts draft projections.

he had a 22.0 per as a 20 year old with a low steal rate. he wasn't that good at usc.

21 5 & 3 on 41% from deep is pretty good from a freshman, even at 19 years old. Digging deeper into his production at SC, it isn't kind to OJ's NBA projections as far as him projecting to be a 20ppg game starting 2 in the L. However, that his definitely some really good production from a Freshman guard, especially in a Power conference like the Pac 10 who at the time had maybe the most NBA players in the country. (Bayless, Lopez twins, Russ, Kevin Love, etc.)

On another note...

Where's that dude who trashed Wiggins all of last year? Son been quiet as hell.

Buc Em :lol:.

Austin Rivers and Monta comparison. :wow: Yall are a trip. RoOk definitely was all in on Rivers too. :lol: Gravedigging through the CBB thread would surely produce some hilarious quotes on Rivers. Always thought that he was overrated and didn't have a position in the league.

who woulda thought with the guards in that hs class, such as mayo, gordon, rose (injuries), and bayless, that Harden would be considered the best pro.

Last edited:
2007 HS class was loaded. One of the best in recent memory (2004 up there).

And what helped is that almost all of them contributed immediately the moment they stepped into the L. It was like they were all ready for the L since like the 10th, 11th grade :lol: Hell blake griffin had to come out a year later because that class was just too loaded for him to go top 5, and he had a very good fresshman season that year as well.

Last edited:
With this loss the knicks are no longer small time. Now they're an international disappointment too. Next stop intergalactic. ****** gone be the first team to get blown out on the moon

interesting that the tnt promo just now said something to the effct of "and later kevin & kyrie lead the cavs against kobe bryant & the lakers"

lebron fell off

Just like the coaches son on any AAU team, the scrub will get minutes.
Clippers GM moving guys in and out season after season, month after month.  Poor CP, the guy was doing the TRIANGLE cross over button yesterday night.  Career on course like Stockton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom