The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy King and the Nets are seemingly the only ones foolish enough to take Kendrick Perkins.

You have a chance to rid yourself of Kendrick Perkins,

you do it.

The should just waive Perkins. Its the in thing to do around the league these days.

i'm stiil like "OMFG" at austin rivers getting 5 yrs/$120 million deal
ocean front property in Kentucky. i can get you a deal. 

*includes 1/2 mile of private beach.

no way the Cavs (LeBron) is trading Love for Ibaka. 
Kobe helpin us keep those picks.
pimp.gif
mean.gif

*zo gif
i mean, i guess i cant hate on a man for wanting to spend more time with his family and side pieces.
mean.gif

laugh.gif

If niketalk is correct the lakers should make the playoffs if kobe sit out the rest of the way
real **** at least get to 35 wins since Kobe is causing us to get all these L's

damn gotta catch my dude Kobe at Staples before he shuts it down...

I know tickets are gonna be crazy next year
mean.gif
frown.gif
Real rap.

I remember seeing Kobe for the first time live in 2004 against a rookie Lebron, but I gotta catch him at the Staples before it's all said and done.

Next season, for sure.....
frown.gif
me 3 never seen vino in person
gotta catch him L.A. 

Saw him for the first time in person in Memphis in 2009 or 2010 (know it was one of those title years).

He went for like 30 and hit the game winning 3. He knew I was in the building. 
Desperation? Desperation is dangling Russ/ Ibaka for trade.... Being a smart GM is taking a 1 & 1/2 year rental on a Center who is two years removed from All-Star caliber for a third string guard...

What GM in basketball doesn't take a 7 foot center who can score 20 ppg on a short term deal... For a 3rd string Guard...
He's peaked. 15 isn't bad though
 Bet this dude is a lights out shooter. No quickness, no handles, but don't leave him open.
Pretty sure that's a girl.

Everything good but the assist rate, but it's partially how the offense is carried out by Flip.

In what year should a player with franchise-guy potential begin to turn around a team's W-L record just by themselves in spite of whoever else is on the team?

Durant had two seasons (2007-08, 2008-09) of poor records before he got OKC to the playoffs in 2010, for example.

Last edited:
Desperation? Desperation is dangling Russ/ Ibaka for trade.... Being a smart GM is taking a 1 & 1/2 year rental on a Center who is two years removed from All-Star caliber for a third string guard...

What GM in basketball doesn't take a 7 foot center who can score 20 ppg on a short term deal... For a 3rd string Guard...
Here's the problems I see with this potential trade:

1. He's not a good passer...Thunder fans complain left and right about their offense, yet want to trade for a blackhole like Lopez?
2. Is he a fit for this offense? He's a slow, lumbering big, so how is that going to fit with Westbrook and Durant racing up and down the floor? You want to run the offense through Lopez in playoff games when games slow down over those two? He's also going to clog the paint for Westbrook/Durant.
3. They are behind the eight ball now and trying to integrate things with Waiters' arrival, Jackson's contract year, etc. so now you want to throw in Lopez with their thin margin of error?
4. Rebounding and defense...I think it's a tad overblown, but they are real issues with him.
5. He's injury prone yet eligible to be a free agent this upcoming summer (or next if he prefers). That's quite the dice roll.

But I digress...

Last edited:
Here's the problems I see with this potential trade:

1. He's not a good passer...Thunder fans complain left and right about their offense, yet want to trade for a blackhole like Lopez?
2. Is he a fit for this offense? He's a slow, lumbering big, so how is that going to fit with Westbrook and Durant racing up and down the floor? You want to run the offense through Lopez in playoff games when games slow down over those two? He's also going to clog the paint for Westbrook/Durant.
3. They are behind the eight ball now and trying to integrate things with Waiters' arrival, Jackson's contract year, etc. so now you want to throw in Lopez with their thin margin of error?
4. Rebounding and defense...I think it's a tad overblown, but they are real issues with him.
5. He's injury prone yet eligible to be a free agent this upcoming summer (or next if he prefers). That's quite the dice roll.

But I digress...

Nice analysis. Agree with everything you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom